What caused the 'Mexit'?

I know discussion has focused on effect of Mods but what's the cause?

Why do people think Mods were implemented?

I assume 18 months ago they were part of a think tank flow chart and they were shelved due to other issues... I think CG is behind schedule of that initial group think aND had not allowed feedback to alter their long term development methodology.

Badically, I think they were already pledged to do it and even though they knew it would be terribly disruptive to balance, CG had to adhere to EA and produce content probably for contractual purposes.

Any other ideas?

Replies

• $$$
  • intentionally or not it feels like they de-valued months of grind and hard work <<<

if it just wasnt such a massive leap of abilities i think people could accept it and the money for EA would be the same
  • They stopped getting money from the chromium packs after everyone already had the chars. This became clear when they added gear to the shipments for crystals and then chromium character shards to the shipments for crystals. I spent money through all these phases.

Now you need to maximize mods to stay competitive which is a massive money sink. I think they are hoping that people will spend money on buying currency to feed the now permanent mod grind.

I uninstalled the game.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Whales were getting bored. Income was dropping. New progression was needed.

Why it was so easy to get insane stat increases? Got me there.
  • I think I agree that a new income generator was required but I think the actual system... as it is now and others have stated... I can't see how the game prigrammers, coders and actual devs would have willingly put this update out there. I have to think an outside influenced sped up the implementation.
  • The EA as a whole caused an economic strain on the player base calling for a removal of the player base from the EA. Ultimately this led to the resigning of the player base's PM and we've just only now elected a new PM who will sort out this whole MEXIT mess and appropriately place the MODs where they need to be placed.
  • soneill73 wrote: »
    The EA as a whole caused an economic strain on the player base calling for a removal of the player base from the EA. Ultimately this led to the resigning of the player base's PM and we've just only now elected a new PM who will sort out this whole MEXIT mess and appropriately place the MODs where they need to be placed.

I see what you did there. I like it.

Maybe we, as the players, should hold a second group think and propose a referendum to roll back the servers and game data from last 48 hours? Pretend the last 2 days didn't happen? Roll back the servers..
  • Lol, Mexit
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    What caused the Mexit invalidating everything and having everyone start from scratch and then on top of that limiting the credit availability