Galactic War: Is this a joke?

Prev1
First, I'm going to start off by saying I'm in a late January shard and have been playing for a while. This is not my first galactic war. I get that it's supposed to be hard, but this is unreal.

This is the opponent's team:
Anakin(L): G11 57k health 41k protection. Omega all abilities
Fives: 53k health 105k protection Omega all abilites
B2: 51.5k health 76k protection Omega all abilites
Rey: 37k health 26.5k protection. Omega all abilites (232 speed! :D )
and of course, the cherry on top:
Sun Fac: 115.6k health 59k protection

And now, I'll walk you through a short and concise synopsis of the battle:
First move: Rey crits for 45k-48k
Second: Futile attacks toward Rey
Next: Sun Fac taunts
Next: characters attack Sun Fac. B2 gets relentless barrage + Sun Fac counters = dead toon
Next: All toons dead.

I'm at a loss for words. I adore this game and I adore the Star Wars brand. But it's quickly turning from adoration to contempt.

Replies

• Ea is just screwing things up even more.
  • i feel with you bro. Check this one out. After MONTHS of completing GW every day.
    14YdEbv.jpg
    cNcDEyD.jpg
  • CSirstins
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    That's nothing Meister! The Rey I can't beat in my last node has 8247 power and has 2 of the bonus mod things. She crits for 50 or 60 thousand plus! And has around 70k health/protection. The team also has RG, 5s, Sun Fac, and Aayla all fully geared/omega/modded. I don't even get to make one move. Not ONE single move with any toon. Wiped them all out. All lol
  • Oh her speed is also 247! How in the f@$k!
  • This is absurd. I get that the majority of people don't come to the forums but there is absolutely no way that the people that are here, like us, complaining about the problems are the only ones experiencing it. It's always humbling to know someone is having an even worse GW time than myself. Hope they fix this train wreck soon
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    This is really messed up. If this is possible then yea, this update is messed up.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    A good way to tell you player activity is your arena shard. Mine is dead.

Im currently in 5th. I'm usually in high teens by now. Only the 4 people ahead of me have high mods. Everyone below me have low tier or 0 mods, and they haven't moved one spot. One person in 8th has only a lvl 1 toon in his line up and he hasn't even been hit
  • Jordn
    15 posts Member
    I submit a challenge for anyone In the world to beat my 12 node team, whale or F2P.
    OB(L) g10, Rey G10, RG G10, Raid Solo 6* G10, and STH G11. All toons have 5* health mods. This is so impossible it's infuriating. This is the reason people quit games.
  • Andro
    17 posts Member
    Same her bro, last node with a rey with 50k health and her basic doing 10k, all my toons dead in seconds. Awesome!!
  • have finished mine for months as well, can't even dent node twelve for the last two attempts, I don't even try..
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Yeahhhhhh, I had to waste A, B and C team just to get past node 6 Which had a Maxed/Modded out Ben, Rey, QGJ, 5's and RG, I'm about done with this game now.
  • Its the first day... get your characters modded and just resume game. Sorry if you didn't prepare.
  • Puz
    11 posts Member
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Its the first day... get your characters modded and just resume game. Sorry if you didn't prepare.

Prepare for what? We didn't know exactly how this was going to work. Modding your characters is going to take awhile for the majority of users. The only ones who will completely mod are whales and, guess what... those are the teams that the rest of us have to face in GW. They basically flipped the game upside down and made certain game modes unplayable.
  • I've never been able to complete gw consistently, will it help once my teams are modded or are there already modded teams on the last node?
  • What? Mods aren't counted in the GW opponent algorithm? That is utterly, stupendously stupid.
  • Calvin
    32 posts Member
    I stopped playing GW. It's just not worth it. And as people having been saying for over 6 months the match ups are absurd. I have about 6 teams that can normally clear GW. Today I threw 6 teams at 1 opponent and couldn't even kill 1 person from their team.
    To be honest it wasn't that fun when I was walking through it, it was just time consuming. I don't mind losing either. The issue more or less is that strategy has nothing to do being successful at GW.
    I'd prefer that they just drop the the total matches in GW to 6 rather than 12.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I can understand the devs wanting to make it more of a challenge but when it takes 6 full teams to take down a fully modded and quantum ability team is ridiculous.
    I have several gear 9-10 members and have modded who I can but the game took a serious turn for the worse here.
  • today's last node: anakin (L) - 8672, aayla - 8202, HST - 7814, QGJ - 8830, Rey - 8210... and my strongest is a 7949 Poggle the lesser... that's just ridiculous man... credit increase but no way to finish the most paying GW node...
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • IsThisThom wrote: »
    today's last node: anakin (L) - 8672, aayla - 8202, HST - 7814, QGJ - 8830, Rey - 8210... and my strongest is a 7949 Poggle the lesser... that's just ridiculous man... credit increase but no way to finish the most paying GW node...
    You sure credit increase is active? Thought it wasn't live until jawas are available and other stuff.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Its the first day... get your characters modded and just resume game. Sorry if you didn't prepare.

For whatever reason I did not face any fully modded teams in my GW today. But, I have a question. If GW is the biggest, most consistent source of credits, and it takes a lot of credits to get at least five, let alone extra toons for subs, all lvl 15 5* mods, how are they going to do that if they can't complete GW to get said credits? Raids? Great. Now we can get out credits every other day, give or take and compete with our guild to get the most credits. Buy the credits? Great. Now we have to open our wallets to ever be competitive. Before we could be competitive after maybe a month of grinding. Ask people in a month how competitive they are.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Puz wrote: »

Prepare for what? We didn't know exactly how this was going to work. Modding your characters is going to take awhile for the majority of users. The only ones who will completely mod are whales and, guess what... those are the teams that the rest of us have to face in GW. They basically flipped the game upside down and made certain game modes unplayable.

Funny how people banked cantina energy pre-patch... I have my arena team fully modded, no problems so far in Arena or GW, all I did was save cantina energy pre-patch (up to the 999 cap)

• ZurinFet wrote: »
    Puz wrote: »

Prepare for what? We didn't know exactly how this was going to work. Modding your characters is going to take awhile for the majority of users. The only ones who will completely mod are whales and, guess what... those are the teams lthat the rest of us have to face in GW. They basically flipped the game upside down and made certain game modes unplayable.

Funny how people banked cantina energy pre-patch... I have my arena team fully modded, no problems so far in Arena or GW, all I did was save cantina energy pre-patch (up to the 999 cap)

He's right, we all knew it was Cantina driven. I may agree with the rest, as I have had to wade through those bleep storm teams as well, but that's a very accurate critique.
  • This is awful. GW is a joke.

If they wanna make it this hard and time consuming, make the rewards real. Unlock specialty toons or get omega mats. The junk rewards are not worth it anymore.
  • mriguy
    23 posts Member
    I finished GW everyday since I became eligible for it. Sitting at 115 for 115, but the streak ends today. My 12th node has a fully modded arena team, and I can't beat it. Sucks
  • ZurinFet wrote: »

Uh. You must have some special rules. I max out at 139 cantina energy and 139 reg energy. How the hell is your max 999?
  • Andro wrote: »
    Same her bro, last node with a rey with 50k health and her basic doing 10k, all my toons dead in seconds. Awesome!!

I wish for 10k rey Basic, i was taking 15k. She hitkill my qgj with 37k flurry not crítical. Amazing.

My goal and Challenge with gw its to reach node 12. I dont even botter anymore trying beat it. I just restart.
  • Yeah,they must to adjust GW,unable to defeat the last node with opponent team full gear 10-11 with full mod 5
  • GW is so broken
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Kemmyn
    16 posts Member
    I must be lucky found no difference with GW compared to the last few days. Was actually the easiest today, I have been using most of my squad to complete for about 10 days but today 2 squads managed to get me through.
    I'll see what tomorrow brings!