Mod Update and Stuck in a Mod Tutorial: A Really Mega Thread, Dude.

Prev1345
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial

Hey Everyone,

Before we get too deep in this, we know there is a bug where players can get stuck doing the Mod Tutorial if you force-quit the game while in the middle of the tutorial. A fix for this is going out shortly (read: in a few hours or less). If you are encountering this issue, just unequip the Mod while in the tutorial process. This should get you back on track :smile:

Now about Mods:

I want to let you know that we are acutely aware of all of your feedback and concerns regarding the balance of the game. We are looking in to these concerns right now, and as such, we have all hands on deck working on two updates right now.

The first update, which should go out today, will be the first of two changes related to the Mods system. While today’s update won’t directly affect Mods themselves, it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading.

The second update will actually affect the balance of the Mods themselves and how they impact your time invested in leveling your favorite characters. This one, unfortunately, is taking a little bit longer to prepare for release, so I do not have an ETA for when it will go out. The primary reason this one is taking longer is due to the fact that it is undergoing serious testing to ensure that there are no outlying anomalies (e.g. OH NO, UNDERWORLD POLICE IS NOW OP!). I know that this is frustrating, but please understand, we need to make sure we hammer on this one a little bit more.

I am in the process of crafting a more in-depth message on what exactly all the changes are and how they will affect you. I expect to have that up later today/tonight, but it was important to at least let you know that we hear you, we’ve identified some issues, and we’re working full-steam to correct them!

Today’s update will include all of the stuff from yesterday’s patch notes including the new characters (Chief Nebit, Jawa Scavenger, and Commander Cody) we showcased earlier.

Thank you so much for your patience.
Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes

Replies

• Paromos
    192 posts Member
    Thanks babe
  • Glad to hear something and unlike GW that you are just not planning on making changes....however you need to look at GW with mods now also....
  • i know you have your hands full, but the borrow a friend feature in the mod battles is way broken
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Glad to hear you guys are working on the mods and hear are concerns. I love all the bug fixes and new characters in this update as well as the guild exchange and ui changes. The mods are really the only negative thing I have about the update but it is a BIG one and hope what ever future changes coming are good and balanced :)
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yep, GW is a bit nuts right now. The mods need toning down and maybe each one should come with a negative to offset the positive. Right now we have glass cannons that transformed into iron cannons. If Rey is going to one shot a toon with a massive damage boost then health should suffer. That was the story we got back when the toons were "balanced" based on speed and power.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Maybe your team should have tested the "features" and addressed issues before releasing it to the public?
  • I pray you guys can fix things and know a ton of damage is already done.

If possible, can we roll back the servers and game data for all players by 48 hours? Do that, push the patches, disburse a thousand crystals as an apology and I think you will save the game.
  • DarthCyren wrote: »
    I pray you guys can fix things and know a ton of damage is already done.

If possible, can we roll back the servers and game data for all players by 48 hours? Do that, push the patches, disburse a thousand crystals as an apology and I think you will save the game.

There is no way that can be done with the amount of crystals expended for mods/money/gear/raid rewards etc.....just not going to happen.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Maybe your team should have tested the "features" and addressed issues before releasing it to the public?

Where's the fun in that?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wait...now "it is undergoing serious testing"????

Where was this serious testing and desire "to make sure we hammer on this one" before you released mods and broke the game?

Where was this before you ran off a large chunk of friends I have made in this game by discouraging them so badly that they quit?

Unbelievable...
  • Ok but I still can't get decent mods unless I farm a Jawa team lol. Everything about this is awful.
  • I'm terrified about the language here. I feel like we'll get better drops and tweaks to get access, but I think theyre missing the point that they need to take this entire concept back to the drawing board
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    I'm terrified about the language here. I feel like we'll get better drops and tweaks to get access, but I think theyre missing the point that they need to take this entire concept back to the drawing board

They're totally clueless about what their players want, I'm afraid complaining won't get us anywhere.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Whatever you do, please -

PLEASE -

don't create pre-crafting version 2.

Make sure whatever changes you make affect everyone equally, not just those who didn't already farm and level existing mods.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    I'm terrified about the language here. I feel like we'll get better drops and tweaks to get access, but I think theyre missing the point that they need to take this entire concept back to the drawing board

To be fair, when the details were shared last week many said that their were serious flaws and they should reconsider. How did that work out?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Whatever you do, please -

PLEASE -

don't create pre-crafting version 2.

Make sure whatever changes you make affect everyone equally, not just those who didn't already farm and level existing mods.

Lel i don't think you need to point this out. I hope anyway.
  • Elyndria wrote: »

They're totally clueless about what their players want, I'm afraid complaining won't get us anywhere.

Pretty much - I am crossing my fingers for one hell of an update on this whole debale to ight.

If I don't see anything that counters the new Mod or Die mwta, I will be uninstalling.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »

This. How in the world did this thing get through dozens of employees at CG without someone saying "You know John, someone could slap 50k protection on Rey, make her speed 200+, and increase her damage by a ton too. Maybe we should talk about this some more."

I'm very happy to see they are working on it, while also concerned that what they have done to this game can't be undone. But thanks for at least letting us know that you are working on some attempts at a fix. I really hope they work

• Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    This is a good step but what about all of the investments we've spent on mods the last day and a half? I've spent millions of credits, hundreds of crystals, and time, upgrading the mods I have. It's not fair to cut the legs out from that without some kind of compensation to the players. I want balance, but I also want to know I'm not wasting crystals and credits for nothing. Please, @CG_NotReallyAJedi, address this concern in your forthcoming post.
  • Go_Blue wrote: »
    This is a good step but what about all of the investments we've spent on mods the last day and a half? I've spent millions of credits, hundreds of crystals, and time, upgrading the mods I have. It's not fair to cut the legs out from that without some kind of compensation to the players. I want balance, but I also want to know I'm not wasting crystals and credits for nothing. Please, @CG_NotReallyAJedi, address this concern in your forthcoming post.

+1. I love the idea of balancing and reducing the RNG element of getting mods. But please, please, tell me I didn't waste 15m credits leveling all of those mods
  • let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading

Wait -- I thought the whole purpose of mods was to let US decide which stats are important to the characters we're upgrading, so that we can upgrade them how we want to (e.g., someone might want to give Rey more offense, and someone else might want to give her more defense, depending on their chosen playstyle and intent of use).
  • I'm hanging around, but sadly it's too little too late for thousands of loyal players.

Some testing should have been done before releasing alpha trash into the wild.
  • It's nice to see something happening but it's a little irritating that it always goes this way. Do you guys not test anything? Does the phrase "look before you leap" mean anything?
  • I'll never spend money on this game again, even introducing cody won't get me to throw more money into this pit of hell. My crystal sub ran out last week and I was considering renewing it until I saw the catastrophe that is mods...

I will be quitting for sure if balance doesn't come within a week. Mods are by far the worst implemented update I've ever seen in a mobile game.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Please take a good look at these stats. The stats should be a way to make small improvements to a character. For instance, Poe suffers from poor Potency so being able to give him a small amount of Potency to make him more competitive is good. I should not be able to turn Poe into a strong DPS character and that's what's happening. With the magnitude of power the Mods provide, there is no longer character or class uniqueness. Rey is supposed to be a high DPS but is off-set by low health. SunFac has great HP and can debuff other characters but suffers from low Tenacity and speed. Every character pre-patch has a purpose and a consequence to using them and it should remain that way otherwise you might as well just give every character the same base stats and let us Mod them how we want, which is just silly. I really did love this game before this update; this update is making me walk away from the game if it stays the same, hopefully your team can find a reasonable fix.

@CG_NotReallyAJedi
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial

Hey Everyone,

Before we get too deep in this, we know there is a bug where players can get stuck doing the Mod Tutorial if you force-quit the game while in the middle of the tutorial. A fix for this is going out shortly (read: in a few hours or less). If you are encountering this issue, just unequip the Mod while in the tutorial process. This should get you back on track :smile:

Now about Mods:

I want to let you know that we are acutely aware of all of your feedback and concerns regarding the balance of the game. We are looking in to these concerns right now, and as such, we have all hands on deck working on two updates right now.

The first update, which should go out today, will be the first of two changes related to the Mods system. While today’s update won’t directly affect Mods themselves, it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading.

The second update will actually affect the balance of the Mods themselves and how they impact your time invested in leveling your favorite characters. This one, unfortunately, is taking a little bit longer to prepare for release, so I do not have an ETA for when it will go out. The primary reason this one is taking longer is due to the fact that it is undergoing serious testing to ensure that there are no outlying anomalies (e.g. OH NO, UNDERWORLD POLICE IS NOW OP!). I know that this is frustrating, but please understand, we need to make sure we hammer on this one a little bit more.

I am in the process of crafting a more in-depth message on what exactly all the changes are and how they will affect you. I expect to have that up later today/tonight, but it was important to at least let you know that we hear you, we’ve identified some issues, and we’re working full-steam to correct them!

Today’s update will include all of the stuff from yesterday’s patch notes including the new characters (Chief Nebit, Jawa Scavenger, and Commander Cody) we showcased earlier.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Hm that means for me now farm as much as you can level the mods as fast as I can before you slow them down ? Or am I wrong. If you slow them down, means a lot of credits are simply gone..I am talking but millions but hey unless you can stop that sh I storm from everyone. Do your Job :)

If yeah just send me a PM when you cool down everything haha.. Thanks.

As this Moment I think Mods are pretty funny there is a lot of potential we get but one specific point is just a... nightmare note 12 g w i am now facing fully gear d fully mod level t 7* 80 level character what..is..more hard knock life...36 fight 34 wins 2 note 12 loses...

Arena is totally ok the same Guys are at the top 50 so they probably all using mods..

What I love now is the fact that you can fight a 38 k team and beat them or you run into a 32 k mod team and get your buudd smashed... that's pretty cool..

I am gambling around with different mods how they can be used as best for each character... now its not only auto sim the game...

WHAT I REALLY MISS

Everyone is bagging for new content than we get new content and pretty much everyone is crying again...

I was one of the first I hate protection threads that bent deleted and I learned from that day till now..just wait a few days and you Guys do your work that's all...

This is still a mobilegame with huge potential... I love it... even when I hate some guys from time to time...

I hope for the future that more people respect your work devs or admins...

Everyone wants to eat but nobody wants to cook.. ;)
  • guys, it's cool. They're doing "serious testing" on the update. If only there had been some way to do serious testing on yesterday's update.
  • Too late, people are quitting all over the place lol
  • Nik_Zirlos wrote: »
    let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading

Wait -- I thought the whole purpose of mods was to let US decide which stats are important to the characters we're upgrading, so that we can upgrade them how we want to (e.g., someone might want to give Rey more offense, and someone else might want to give her more defense, depending on their chosen playstyle and intent of use).

I don't really want that, personally. Mods should make little changes, a bit of extra offense here, a bit of extra defense there. They shouldn't be so overpowered that you can create whatever toon you want with no deference to the toon's original skills and gear. I pay the devs to work this **** out for me. They're supposed to be the experts. Instead they've given up on balancing and handed the task to the players. No thanks, I didn't sign up to be a game designer.
  • @BentWookiee I like you Guy even when I love it to play troll and terrorism at the Forum haha haha
This discussion has been closed.