Count Dooku - Leadership ability talk and ideas

Forizen
48 posts Member
edited January 2016
So Count Dooku is a very powerful character.

you can ctrl+F and search for TL;DR if you want to get to the points.

I just picked him up and have been starring him well, and I'm loving his power.

He just has so many opportunities to attack, and greatly supports his team with stuns!

Now, is he considered "overpowered"? Maybe. In my opinion no, I think he is a brilliant spot and should set the standard for most characters in the game.

count_dooku__s_lightsaber_by_metaphishical.png

I do have two problems however that really bother me that I'd like to address and discuss with all of you.

1. He will not counter if he dodges or deflects an attack.

Now this isn't the most powerful leader ability. In fact, no one uses Dooku's leader ability because it's lack luster in comparison to what you can get in the meta right now.

I think the bonuses it gives are appropriate thematically and and can be useful, but I don't think number tuning alone can change it.

Alot of people are happy with his leader ability, but here's my problem. Count Dooku has a 100% chance to counter attacks against him BUT.. if he DODGES that attack (via evasion) he actually will not counter it. Whether or not this is a bug, I don't know.

It seems ironic that he has an ability to evade, and another ability that doesn't work if he evades.

My suggestion is to TL;DR change this or fix it so that he will counter, even if he stops an attack by dodging or deflecting.

2. Buff his leader ability to make it more attractive

Since Count Dooku is in a good spot already, people may argue that he doesn't need buffs.

As it stands, i think most people simply neglect his leader ability entirely since it's not reliable or impactful in a match.

His strength right now in the game, isn't due to his leader ability, which is essentially much less useful right now than others. It's due to the rest of his kit.

That being said, i think changing his leadership ability to be more impactful will although theoretically make him a stronger character, it will not increase strength all around. The Count Dooku we see today will remain exactly the same if not the leader.

While reading up on Count Dooku, I learned that he was very skilled with Telekinesis. One of the most renown in the jedi order at it, winning numerous competitions and utilizing this ability in a fight against Yoda himself.

In the recording, Dooku described an encounter he had with Master Yoda when he was seven, in which Yoda asked him to move a pot with the Force. While Dooku thought the pot was light, and successfully moved it, it was actually massively heavy.

I think this would be a neat addition to his leader ability. Count Dooku is definitely known for his Makashi lightsaber form, displayed in his counter attack and chance follow ups on his basic. he is also known for his Force Lightning, displayed in his second ability.

Being a Master Tactician, and his style of combat as well as being notorious in leaving a skirmish early to fight another day, it totally makes sense to grant him an evasion chance.

latest?cb=20111022214353

What he lacks to fulfill the whole character is his telekinesis ability.

My idea is for Count Dooku himself, to have the chance to help an ally deflect a special attack but sharing his own Deflection chance with his friendlies when they are hurt.

This will promote Count Dooku in a leadership position where he can help prevent certain attacks with the telekinetic specialty he is known for.

Now I'm not sure if "evasion" means both Physical AND Special damage, but I think it should be that way if not.

Here is my suggestion:

TL;DR :

So all in all, the evasion chance is down a healthy 3%.

Evasion should increase both the dodge, and deflection chance to combat physical and special attacks.

Count Dooku will also help an ally who is in danger, adding his own Deflection rating to his allies if they are to take damage from a special attack.

Although this chance is low, I think it would be really neat to see some impactful and game deciding Deflections against Force Power special attack users.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

TL;DR of TL;DRs

Master Tactician – All allies gain 12% Dodge and Deflection rating and gain Offense Up for 1 turn whenever they evade. Count Dooku will help Deflect an attack against one of his allies if they are below 30% hp.

My first idea is to help something that I think is "flawed" or even unintended in which he will not counter an attack he has successfully dodged or deflected. This is contrary to his Leader ability.

My second idea is to give no further power to Count Dooku himself, but rather a Dooku user's team if they wish to have him as a leader. This change is a slight decrease in total evasion, but make it so it helps both dodging AND deflecting (if it doesn't already) as well as help a low health ally in deflecting a special attack that could be the finishing blow. This chance is small, but I'm sure can turn the tide of a fight if successful.

End of TL;DR TL;DR.

To conclude. Yes, Count Dooku is probably top tier and doesn't need any buffs.

These however will not change the current Dooku unless he is chosen as the sole leader of that players team composition. Right now, Dooku is almost never picked or seen as the leader, as there are other much more powerful leadership abilities. (tons. Phasma, Bariss, Lumi, Sid, Chew, etc.)

Right now his leadership ability is useless in comparison and removing it entirely would not change his current state in the game.

What are your thoughts on changing Dooku's leadership ability?

Are you worried that he shouldn't get ANY more power right now since he's already good?

Do you think his leadership ability is fine or lacking?

Replies

• I don't use his leader skill solely for a point you made, if he evades, no counter. This goes for all units who counter which doesn't seem right.