Mods

Trying to figure out mods...maybe someone has already figured this out.

I'm not sure how sets work or why I would remove a mod that I have installed. I thought sets meant you would assign multiple of one mod (like the circle), but I can't see any way to assign multiples. I have five round health mods and they all look the same but when I click on each one, the stats change. What am I missing?

Replies

• Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Starbelly wrote: »
    Trying to figure out mods...maybe someone has already figured this out.

I'm not sure how sets work or why I would remove a mod that I have installed. I thought sets meant you would assign multiple of one mod (like the circle), but I can't see any way to assign multiples. I have five round health mods and they all look the same but when I click on each one, the stats change. What am I missing?

Look at the icon in the center of the mod. Sets are using mods of different shapes that share the Same center icon
  • hickcory
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    After a while I think I finally figured it out. Here's my take:

Little dots above each mod coincide with the letter and are the true raw power of the mod. More dots are better (thus A and 5 dots appears to be best):
    • 1 dot = E
    • 2 dots = D
    • 3 dots = C
    • 4 dots = B
    • 5 dots = A

Then we have colors:
    • No color? (I guess) = mod only has primary stat
    • Green = mod has 1 secondary stat
    • Blue = 2 secondary stats
    • Purple = 3 secondary stats
    • Don't know next color because I don't have any :smile:

Then, there are 'Upgrades'. Each mod starts at 'level 1' and can be upgraded all the way to level 15 by spending credits. These upgrades add to the primary stats and to the secondary stats at the 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 breakpoints -- I think. The level of each mod can be hard to find/read on attached mods; otherwise, it's it's pretty clear on anything unequipped.

If I'm wrong on any of this information, then sue (forgive) me - just trying to help!
  • Point of clarification, clearly I didn't get into any set bonus discussion here...sorry I didn't actually answer your question Starbelly
  • Faroer wrote: »
    Look at the icon in the center of the mod. Sets are using mods of different shapes that share the Same center icon

Every mod I see on levels 1-2 of the mod battles have the same symbol in the middle, which looks kind of like a fan. I don't see how I can assign two of these to any slot. If I try to add another one, it wants me to remove the one that's already there. So how do I get two in there?

It says "Earn a set bonus by assigning multiple mods of the same type (same symbol).

Also each mod has dots and a number. Right now, my Lumi slots are all full. Each mod has a 1 next to it. They all have one dot except the bottom left (circle shaped mod), which has two dots. And then there's colors. All her mods have a pale aqua symbol (fan) in the middle, except one, which is green (the cross).

Makes no sense to me. How do I assign two mods to one slot?

• hickcory wrote: »
    After a while I think I finally figured it out. Here's my take:

Little dots above each mod coincide with the letter and are the true raw power of the mod. More dots are better (thus A and 5 dots appears to be best):
    • 1 dot = E
    • 2 dots = D
    • 3 dots = C
    • 4 dots = B
    • 5 dots = A

Then we have colors:
    • No color? (I guess) = mod only has primary stat
    • Green = mod has 1 secondary stat
    • Blue = 2 secondary stats
    • Purple = 3 secondary stats
    • Don't know next color because I don't have any :smile:

Then, there are 'Upgrades'. Each mod starts at 'level 1' and can be upgraded all the way to level 15 by spending credits. These upgrades add to the primary stats and to the secondary stats at the 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 breakpoints -- I think. The level of each mod can be hard to find/read on attached mods; otherwise, it's it's pretty clear on anything unequipped.

If I'm wrong on any of this information, then sue (forgive) me - just trying to help!

I think you're onto something regarding the dots and colors, but I'm still confused. Should I be only assigning the highest value--five dots purple?

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. It helps.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Starbelly wrote: »
    Faroer wrote: »

Every mod I see on levels 1-2 of the mod battles have the same symbol in the middle, which looks kind of like a fan. I don't see how I can assign two of these to any slot. If I try to add another one, it wants me to remove the one that's already there. So how do I get two in there?

It says "Earn a set bonus by assigning multiple mods of the same type (same symbol).

Also each mod has dots and a number. Right now, my Lumi slots are all full. Each mod has a 1 next to it. They all have one dot except the bottom left (circle shaped mod), which has two dots. And then there's colors. All her mods have a pale aqua symbol (fan) in the middle, except one, which is green (the cross).

Makes no sense to me. How do I assign two mods to one slot?

Each character has 6 different mod slots. Each mod slot is a different shape. If you assign 6 of the health symbol mods to fill of all 6 slots, you will get 3 health synergy bonuses. One for each pair of health mods. Similar for the other mods with other center symbols like defense offense or crit.

It isn't actually complex at all. Try to think about things simply. Only 6 slots for a character. Fill all 6 slots with mods that have the same center symbol. You gget synergy bonus. The end. ;-)
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    No, the dots simply represent the rarity.
    The letter A-E (the quality) describes the number of secondary stats at LEVEL 1.
    So upgrading a high quality mod means that you know what stats you are increasing, while for low level mods they are randomly assigned by leveling them up (depending on the slot).
  • Faroer wrote: »

Each character has 6 different mod slots. Each mod slot is a different shape. If you assign 6 of the health symbol mods to fill of all 6 slots, you will get 3 health synergy bonuses. One for each pair of health mods. Similar for the other mods with other center symbols like defense offense or crit.

It isn't actually complex at all. Try to think about things simply. Only 6 slots for a character. Fill all 6 slots with mods that have the same center symbol. You gget synergy bonus. The end. ;-)

Thanks, you have cleared it up for me (I think).

So a set means mods with the same symbol in the center? If I fill all slots with mods that have an exclamation mark symbol, that's a set?

But is this correct: if you want to have a set, you can only mod one character trait, choosing between things like health, protection, defense, etc.?

• Starbelly wrote: »
    Faroer wrote: »

Thanks, you have cleared it up for me (I think).

So a set means mods with the same symbol in the center? If I fill all slots with mods that have an exclamation mark symbol, that's a set?

But is this correct: if you want to have a set, you can only mod one character trait, choosing between things like health, protection, defense, etc.?

Sets don't require you to have all of your slots used by the same mod type. Health sets only require 2 health mods. Offense sets require 4 mods. The number in brackets after the "Set Bonus" in the stats is how many mods of that type you need to make a set.
  • 2 is a set but just because you have a set doesn't mean you will get the bonus. Each character is different so you have to find a set (2) that work together for a particular character. It's no confusing just take your time.
    Lastly if you have a mod & remove it for whatever credits it takes then place another in its place but don't get the desired upgrade revert it back (without confirming) & it won't take the credits from you. It will basically reset back (Revert) without taking your credit