Possible Way to Balance Mods

What do you think about reducing the degree to which higher rarities of mods scale? If a rank 5 mod was not as drastically different, albeit still distinctly stronger, as a rank 1 mod there would be more options for FTP to be competitive. The rank 5 mods should be noticeably better but not by factors of 100+%

Might not be the best way to balance these but I was thinking about it on my walk home.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Do u even know how to obtain 5 dot mods? Anyone that is lvl 80 can get a 5 dot mod. With every single 16 energy tier 3 battle in Mod Challenges u will get a 4 dot or a 5 dot. Not one out of five spins. Every single battle.

This update is fine for the F2P players.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    Do u even know how to obtain 5 dot mods? Anyone that is lvl 80 can get a 5 dot mod. With every single 16 energy tier 3 battle in Mod Challenges u will get a 4 dot or a 5 dot. Not one out of five spins. Every single battle.

I'm talking about the non-health mods in particular. Yes everyone can get the health mods easy but whales will eventually switch to the others.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Best way to balance is remove the %increase for non-% based stats, except the % for set bonuses.

Example keep the 12k protection drop 94% protection.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It doesn't matter that whales can get other mods. The majority of players won't be able to obtain many if any of the other mods for awhile. And out of all of us guys, we will find a way to beat the whales with whatever mods and teams they manage to put together. Either that or we will be only a half step behind, considering this is going to speed up the gear grind. Once u have farmed ur mods, u will be back to your regular grind, no worries

And when u do unlock other mods, u will know which ones are good (if indeed there are any UBER mods) because u will have seen them on these mystical unbeatable untouchable with a ten foot pole whale teams.
  • LastJedi wrote: »

This update is fine for the F2P players.

I'm f2p and was prepared for the update, but mods cost millions of credits to max, and multiple refreshes to rack up decent mods for your arena team.

I can see why many dislike the new update and find it unfair
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I bought only two 100 refreshes and 1 200 refresh so far. I have plenty of mods and will probably peel the rest off on just the one single daily refresh.