Talia

The ability the Jedi counsoler has that sends a force to heal off himself should be taken off him and added to Talia. When she heals, she harms herself, and her basic attect isnt enough. She is usually the one that dies in battle because her only means of healing is very slow. This new addition should be reusable every 4 turns.

Replies

• She's not a top teir character , but if you upgrade her basic attack the health she gains back is higher , not every character is healer nor do they heal the same way. What is your reasoning to take the healing ability off a random character to the one you perfer?
  • Water of Life: Description

I would advocate for removing the self-damage penalty and add a chance to give stealth.
  • M3xY_w33zY wrote: »
    The ability the Jedi counsoler has that sends a force to heal off himself should be taken off him and added to Talia. When she heals, she harms herself, and her basic attect isnt enough. She is usually the one that dies in battle because her only means of healing is very slow. This new addition should be reusable every 4 turns.

Talia's first ability can heal her for up to 50% of the damage dealt.

Jedi Consular's heals him for up to 30% of the damage dealt.

She has a self heal that heals for more, why would you want to give her a weaker one?
  • Talia isn't a force user, so she can't use force push.

/thread
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Build her up. I've got her at 6 stars at around 3800 I think. She is wicked when juiced, and has more power than most toons. At level 5 her water of life only takes 20% of her power and gives others healing of 40%. She also grants 35% turn meter, and 40% for herself. Then her draining strike at level 5; revives her to 40% of the damage dealt. When she's pumped up, she doesn't have any problems healing. Her only problem is a lowish health level. Imo she's worht investment...especially because of the turn meter healing. She fits in with my full squad of serious turn meter manipulators and my squad is murder now.
  • Talia is a specialty char. It's onenof the eorst in defense in any team. And it's relatively squishy.

Buy if you handle her directly while not OP she has a few tricks. I wrote about her in the Characters forum. But basically, she has one of the most useful heals in the entire game:

She gets hit 20% of her HP, heals a good portion of every ally, and ...chanaaaaan.... She advances the turn meter 25%.

Think it through...she is quite slow. Bad? Check....oh wait. UNCHECK. Yes, bear with me. By the time she gets a her turn most others have landed specials, and your entire rooster is about tonfight for the second run in the turn meter. She heals....

Her heal brings enough safety that you don't need tonuse anprimary healer. So you get every char landing mayhem. Additionally, her time meter buff allows your team to advance 1/4 of each ally turn meter. Now, your team takes the second turn first. So you have 3-4 chars that now attacks first.

Keep thinking....

Got it? Are you sure?

No you didn't! Your second turn is rhe mist critical turn. Whoever goes first, will finish enemy chars, or (if needed) heal weakened chars. Tonyour enemy's bad luck, their killers go after your chars. And if need additional healing, your primarybhealer goes first. Now...you get to pick how to finish the enemy team.

Of course, if the enemy is amazingly fast, it just levels the playing field. butbit's still good. If Phasma hit you slow, it lasts a turn, and since this makes eaxh allies turn much faster, the slow does little and is quickly gone.

Now, her regular. At level 7 abikity she heals 50% of the damage dealt. Intend tonuse high ceit teams when possible, Sid as Leader. Talia crits often for 2800. That's 1400 health regained every single time she is on cooldown. After 3 turns she has maybe 2100 to 4300 back, which is about 20% - 33% of her health. Which brings back the 20% she lost or more without requiring any help.

Another advantage you are not considering is that she can still fix herself even when your primary healer has abikity block. Heck, she can still heal herself even when she is ability blocked. The only eay to kill Talia is focusing her down, or nerfing her through ability block.

Now, leave Talia tonthe AI and she won't heal on first turn, and she will heal when weak and when your team has heal immunity, killing herself and not doing anything useful....

Saddddd
  • Shes a good secondary healer for GW. Pretty much thats it she sucks.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • She's useful in GW and maybe in Arena if you had a night sister synergy team but my Daka is only 6* and my Ventress 4* so my 5* Talia is a second stringer in my GW.
    That said, she's saved my bacon a time or two when all my other healers were on cooldowns and I was facing a 7* Leia attack squad or cheater 6*/7* Vader team.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I don't mind her. Nice amount of heal and the 2 turn damage over time comes in handy.
  • Mine's at 5 stars, gear 7 ... I think her damage is a bit low, and the dot not very strong, neither is the heal (I don't have Sid, for extra crits), which may be due to me no longer upgrading her skills. But I do like her and think of possibly developing her further. Of course, on DS PVE, she's the only other group healer with Daka, so she has her uses.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I love when I see her on a team and she drops her heal. She's a one shot after that, lol.
  • She is useful on DS and GW. Seeing her in arena makes me very happy.
  • Ben, in Arena you are indeed happy to see her. But you won't notice when she beats you.

Every poster here misses the 25% turn meter manipulation she does on heal.
  • Didn't miss it. Just don't care. She's dropped from the team the second she uses it. Dead. Usually from splash damage from an AoE. Honestly, her best move is her special and it's debuff (if it sticks), but it's a real gamble using her as her dps and durability is so squish.
  • She is a tad better at 7* and max gear with ability 6-everything
  • Ben, in Arena you are indeed happy to see her. But you won't notice when she beats you.

She still sucks.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.

She still sucks.

I still like her.
  • Aeris
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think I understand both sides of the argument where some says Talia is good at manipulating turn meter and others say she has weak heal.
    I think both are true, while which characters beats which characters in battle no long says anything about strength as it is possible that the weaker characters beat the stronger characters in battle if AI controls the stronger ones; however, does Talia need to be buffed in order to be competent? Yes.
    I had Talia at 7* and gear 7. She does about 1100-1200 damage on her basic attack, which rarely critical hit, and her heal is about 4*40%-20%=140% team health; in contrast, luminara's basic attack does 1800-1900 damage, which critical hit half of the time at 3100-3500, along with her force push that does 5000+ critical damage often, and her heal heals team for 40%*5+20%*5+20%*5=400% team health.
    From these basic data, talia is no where close to comparison with luminara.
    In practical battle, we know how unequal numbers of characters at each side can turn the battle lopesided, yet i believe it is currently possible for 3 luminaras to beat 6 talia, while 3 talias hardly stand a chance against 6 luminaras.
  • @Aeris

Exactly this! Maybe she does need a minor boost, not talking about making her way too viable but a small boost might be in place to compete with the others. Also since she is f2p for more players so easy obtainable = more competition.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I'm cleaning my draft box ignore this post.