Moded CUP and Uganaught - Viable Now? LOL

djlott
469 posts Member
edited July 2016
Could it be true? Haven't tried this but how awesome would it be to totally surprise a meta team with a fully armed and operational CUP, Uganaught, Mob Enforcer, Mace Windu and URoR,R,R,R (whatever)?
Post edited by djlott on

Replies

• I run a maxed mace windu. Working on modding him, finished higher than I ever have in arena today (top 50 for the first time)
  • Mods have made a lot of toons viable, at least in the short term. When everyone catches up, I think the likes off CUP will probably head back towards the bottom of the heap again ;-)
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    How do mods make bad characters viable? A bad character with mods is not better than a good character with mods.

Modded CUP can't compete with modded Rey anymore than unmodded CUP can compete with unmodded Rey.
  • SWHS wrote: »
    How do mods make bad characters viable? A bad character with mods is not better than a good character with mods.

Modded CUP can't compete with modded Rey anymore than unmodded CUP can compete with unmodded Rey.

Ok but that's only true for PVP, specifically arena. Obviously meta toons are still king, but now you can actually use garbage toons for other non pvp game modes and events. Also, you can absolutely use them for the easier battles in GW so that your A team doesn't lose as much protection before the hard battles.

Ok but that's only true for PVP, specifically arena. Obviously meta toons are still king, but now you can actually use garbage toons for other non pvp game modes and events. Also, you can absolutely use them for the easier battles in GW so that your A team doesn't lose as much protection before the hard battles.

No. As it stands now, not a single character has either decent Potency or Tenacity. That means, if you massively invest into CUP's Potency and Speed he might be very much viable. Who knows? He's a pesky little fella if you read his abilities.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride

No. As it stands now, not a single character has either decent Potency or Tenacity. That means, if you massively invest into CUP's Potency and Speed he might be very much viable. Who knows? He's a pesky little fella if you read his abilities.

I'm not just talking about the absolute bottom tier toons like CUP, I'm talking about all the underused "garbage" toons. Potency and tenacity aside, if you throw enough mods on any of em, you can find a use for them somewhere.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Not hugely anymore after they (mercifully) nerfed mods to be based on stat and gear value, you have to invest in the characters now to see any significant increase from mods now, at least not like it was before... I gave a character without protection 23k protection through mods
  • Ugnaight was always op and cup was awesome modded b4 nerfs but good ol' ugnaught is great