Credit Crunch is WORSE not better

Minowara
536 posts Member
Can the devs please explain in one of their updates how exactly the credit crunch has been addressed at all? Mods are a MASSIVE credit sink. Jessie had said that mods were going to add more credits into the system -- well, they don't. I am having less credits to level / star up my characters than before. The cantina credit drops were about equal to or better than the gains from selling mods. We have a major issue here that has gotten substantially worse, and there is no response from the devs. Again.

Replies

• Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    You're surprised why?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    "Please know that the dev team has planned for this and addressed the problem in the following ways.
    (Note: these changes won’t be live until the update is live.)
    Galactic War will now reward more credits.
    The brand new Cantina Mod Battles and Cantina Restricted Challenges will award a large number of Credits.
    Players will be able to sell excess Mods they earn for Credits. The higher the quality of the Mod, the more Credits it will be worth.
    As always, we will keep an eye on the feedback and the in-game data and make adjustments as needed."

THIS was supposed to mean something. GW is harder now with mods, so I'd say that the amount of credits coming out of there is about the same. I see no increase in credits over cantina battles from mod battles nor mod challenges. Mods sell for virtually nothing. It's like the devs still think that the 300 credits from the bronzium pack is a good deal.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Ur Lvling too many toons. Farming too many shards. I stopped refreshing cantina altogether, a month prior to the mod update. I have consistently failed to spend all my tokens, except guild coin for gear. I need gear. Not just raid gear. Cuffs, guns, thermals, and more. My arena and GW and cantina tokes have been piling up. Just to save crystals for gear. I had gone from zero credits to 6 mil, without even really trying. Just no point in spending to get crappy g8 toons when there is a gear bottleneck that cantina does nothing for. I can't even gear up my Rey. Why I need anakin or hrs shards? I have a 5 star 5s and a stillborn daka rotting. I got 7 star teebo, 7 star poggle, 7 star phasma, 6 star toons... all waiting for gear. Not anakin shards. Not purple mats.

The credit crunch is manageable, even with mods. F2p is totally viable. I don't know how credits are ur bottleneck unless u think g7/8 toons are useful.
  • They promised more credits on the 13th , we're the 14th and still no increase but more way to spend
    Too much things cost credits , should remove credits cost for leveling and promotions.
    Leveling a character with training droids is enough
    Promotions with shards is enough too
    No need to give more credits , just remove the cost for those two
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Ur Lvling too many toons. Farming too many shards. I stopped refreshing cantina altogether, a month prior to the mod update. I have consistently failed to spend all my tokens, except guild coin for gear. I need gear. Not just raid gear. Cuffs, guns, thermals, and more. My arena and GW and cantina tokes have been piling up. Just to save crystals for gear. I had gone from zero credits to 6 mil, without even really trying. Just no point in spending to get **** g8 toons when there is a gear bottleneck that cantina does nothing for. I can't even gear up my Rey. Why I need anakin or hrs shards? I have a 5 star 5s and a stillborn daka rotting. I got 7 star teebo, 7 star poggle, 7 star phasma, 6 star toons... all waiting for gear. Not anakin shards. Not purple mats.

The credit crunch is manageable, even with mods. F2p is totally viable. I don't know how credits are ur bottleneck unless u think g7/8 toons are useful.

This may have been the case, before you needed a full team of a faction for most events now, and before they locked many of the mod set bonuses behind faction walls, where you need 5 5* of that faction to access. The devs are pushing us towards breadth of roster, which is much more credit intensive.

• To complete galactic war u need diverse toons. To compete in guild raids u needs a lot of toons. To compete in every event u need a lot of toons.

What game are u playing where u only need 5 toons?

U have to have a lot of toons geared and leveles to get anywhere in this game. And everything requires credits with few ways to earn.
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Ive been 100%behind this update since I had time to give it a real chance. However, I will agree, unhesitatingly, that credits are a problem. They were before this update. They are worse now! lol
  • Credits par day should at least be increased by 50% !
    Otherwise this game is doomed. And the devs don't f..ing care, but this is stupid, it's obvious no one will spend money to get credits, the cost is too high, even for whales !
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Stop everything and just do mods. That's what I'm doing. Although I doubt this new game SW Galaxy of Upgrading Mods will keep my interest for very long
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    At least wait to complain about the credit crunch until the full update is out there....

We were told that they are addressing it so lets see what they do then complain.
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Serya wrote: »
    At least wait to complain about the credit crunch until the full update is out there....

We were told that they are addressing it so lets see what they do then complain.

....an extra 150K credits from GW + Fully Modded teams, and the Mod Challenges and Battles were the solution to the credit problems. They are changing the mod chllenges and battles, but I don't see it being that significant of a change.p just like the GW credit change they are planning to roll out today.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I'm just so tired of credits being the limiting factor on this game. Shards already take so long to acquire. Gear the same way. Levels are so expensive for not much reward. Just let us use what we finally unlock
  • Spent 8m credits leveling mods and my team isn't even maxed yet. Very costly to upgrade mods
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Galactic War does NOT give more credits. Amazingly, this "fix" escaped the devs in the update. All the other garbage and silliness works - except for the one that helps the players...as usual.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Galactic War does NOT give more credits. Amazingly, this "fix" escaped the devs in the update. All the other garbage and silliness works - except for the one that helps the players...as usual.

Sure doesn't. Nor is Ayala available yet, nor has the ally cap been raised, nor has (pick one).
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i have to say, i'm literally down to less than 10k credits, which in this game might as well equal to 0 credit.... it's a bit of a catch 22. i need more credit to mod more than just a single arena team so i can finish GW so that i can get credits to mod more than just a single arena team so i can....
  • Credit crunch is crunching.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    WAI then...
  • Everyone complaining about the credit crunch is overlooking that the games daily revenue has increased by over 10% since the mod introduction. Devs want a good game experience, but they aren't here to give us a free game, it is a business and it IS working as intended. Frustration is completely understandable, I am quite frustrated, but thinking they are somehow disconnected or screwing up when the only answer is to spend money is a naïve viewpoint.
  • Well guess what you can argue the **** that it's not supposed to be free, but I DON'T have credits to max even one characters set of mods. And I don't have credits because the only way to generate them is through galactic war. And I can't beat galactic war because the opponents have mods. I DID spend some money on this game before, but if this stays this way, I am DONE, and my money will go elsewhere
  • A 10% revenue in spike is a short-term feelgood, but if you destroy the community confidence in you, you kill the hen with the golden eggs.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    Ur Lvling too many toons. Farming too many shards. I stopped refreshing cantina altogether, a month prior to the mod update. I have consistently failed to spend all my tokens, except guild coin for gear. I need gear. Not just raid gear. Cuffs, guns, thermals, and more. My arena and GW and cantina tokes have been piling up. Just to save crystals for gear. I had gone from zero credits to 6 mil, without even really trying. Just no point in spending to get **** g8 toons when there is a gear bottleneck that cantina does nothing for. I can't even gear up my Rey. Why I need anakin or hrs shards? I have a 5 star 5s and a stillborn daka rotting. I got 7 star teebo, 7 star poggle, 7 star phasma, 6 star toons... all waiting for gear. Not anakin shards. Not purple mats.

The credit crunch is manageable until you get that piece of gear you need, or you want to finish GW so you try to get mods. I'll tell you 6 million credits won't get you much of anything, except passed by by players that spent money.
  • Everyone complaining about the credit crunch is overlooking that the games daily revenue has increased by over 10% since the mod introduction. Devs want a good game experience, but they aren't here to give us a free game, it is a business and it IS working as intended. Frustration is completely understandable, I am quite frustrated, but thinking they are somehow disconnected or screwing up when the only answer is to spend money is a naïve viewpoint.

Yes revenue has increased by 10%, but the cost to remain viable has increased by 20%. This is the problem.
  • @Slazbacca, perfectly valid and perfectly valid to point out flaws and problems, I don't have an issue with any of that. My post was intended to remind people that the personal attacks and the "they just don't get it" aren't helping improve the game. I am fired up that I am gear locked, credit crunched and facing the most ridiculous GW fights imaginable...but I do understand that our complaints are secondary to the bottom line. When the whales start complaining about the game being too easy, that is gonna get some fast response times even if we all wind up being beta testers.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Yes revenue has increased by 10%, but the cost to remain viable has increased by 20%. This is the problem.

More like 2000%. Put 3 mils in mods in less than a day, and i don't even have a team of 5 fully modded, how many days would i need to gather again 3 mil cash? Plus i have few chars with enough shards to promote to 7 chars but ... no credits. And why would i spend 1mil on leveling up a toon when i can put 4 mods rank 5 on the same toon and increase it's power by 500%?
  • They pretty much added an 8th star, but made it much more easily accessible and not as easy to plan for.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Minowara wrote: »
    Can the devs please explain in one of their updates how exactly the credit crunch has been addressed at all? Mods are a MASSIVE credit sink. Jessie had said that mods were going to add more credits into the system -- well, they don't. I am having less credits to level / star up my characters than before. The cantina credit drops were about equal to or better than the gains from selling mods. We have a major issue here that has gotten substantially worse, and there is no response from the devs. Again.

+1
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • LastJedi wrote: »

Sorry for playing the game too much I guess. Clearly CG doesn't want us to play at all.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Everyone complaining about the credit crunch is overlooking that the games daily revenue has increased by over 10% since the mod introduction. Devs want a good game experience, but they aren't here to give us a free game, it is a business and it IS working as intended. Frustration is completely understandable, I am quite frustrated, but thinking they are somehow disconnected or screwing up when the only answer is to spend money is a naïve viewpoint.

Of course revenue's have increased. Any major new update, no matter how horrible, will see an initial increase simply because people will spend more to try and get ahead ASAP without actually evaluating the quality. In less than 12 hours we had players SOLO'ING T7 raid. That's insane! They completely invalidated their previous major update from less than two months ago.

In the long run this will result in them losing revenue. Players are actually quieting and it's not just empty threats. Our guild lost several players as a direct result of this. Many other guilds are seeing the same thing. They've screwed up. Majorly.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.