Hit 6* on Asajj....

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
We've been through a lot together. :) Got the Heroine pack pretty early on and of course used Barriss a lot, but I really liked Asajj from the start too. Quickly got her to 4*, used her on my PvP team for quite a while. Really useful against all the Chewie teams in the mid-levels, despite her bugs.
Eventually I had to drop her, she was just too slow and squishy. But after I finished off Sid I went back to her and got her to 6* today.
I'm .. still unsure about her. She's not that squishy any more, but she can't take much damage. She's still very slow. She does hit hard though, especially when she gets that nice buff.
I'm holding off on Arena tokens for now to see what else comes out. I hope she gets fixed in the next patch. I'd like to see this "health steal" start working too since she has the best value for it in the game. Maybe that will compensate for the lack of base HP.
She has so much potential... but just never quite seems to have enough for the "A" team. If all the team buffing and taunting continues though.. might be worth it to 7* her anyway....
Anyone else use her?
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I feel you... She is 40/100 to 7 stars for me. I decided to take her all the way after I saw the difference in the TP and Daka from 6-7. I guess what I am saying is "I have hope."

At the very least she can rock it in GW, and if I ever put together that night sister team that looks great on paper, FEAR ME!!

Kinda.. :/
  • I don't understand the point of including health steal in the game if it wasn't already implemented to begin with. Why include it and THEN add it in after an update? Makes no sense to me.
  • I have been using her as leader for my B team. With her speed buff Old Daka hits early and often for some nice stuns. That gives stuns fro Daka, ASajj and Dooku. I am still new to the game and so this pairing may not work well for elite players.. but my current B team is Asajj Leader, Old daka, Talia, Dooku, Sid has been fun. Still leveling them all up. Have most at gear 7.
    My A team is jedi team with
    Ima-gun-di (literally "i'm gonna die") Leader
    Lumi
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Aayla

But yeah Asajj is fun and I like her look.
  • I have 7* max item assajj. Her debuff skill is not worth using cause it get resist too much combines with her very slow speed it make one turn loss is a big blow.

I think what she needs is speed or better successful debuff rate, by the way, his basic and aoe skills is good, she get more stunt than i thought it should be and her aoe with buff is very painful.

In conclusion, she is a good character overall. Sometimes i think she is even better than sidious especially when i face all team buff opponents.

There are many things about her that i dont know whether it is intended or bugged. If the dev just fix one or two things about these problems, she will be a fun and less confusing hero to use.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the reply.
    It's not worth putting 100 shards into someone for a B team.
    I don't have luck with her in GW at all. For some reason in there the AI always tries to focus down the low-health characters more than in PvP, and I end up having to either yank her early or yank someone else to heal her. That was before she was 6*, maybe it will be better now. I dunno.
    I kept working on her (and pain-in-the-butts to level like Old Daka and Dooku) because I wanted to put together a stun team and they are the best for that. So I am trying to be patient. Maybe the update will come this week, maybe not. At any rate, it's 9 days before I'll have enough tokens to 7* her anyway. Maybe by then someone new will be added to Arena shipments... nobody else in there really excites me much.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Go to swgohcantina.com, char stats, then sort by speed. You will see she is one of the slowest (or is she the slowest?) chars in the game. While some players have 140+ speed she has 80 something. So apply any minimal speed buff or speed debuff (to your team) and the enemy gets two turns EVEN BEFORE ASSAJJ TAKES HER FIRST TURN. Now imagine high end games where the battle is decided between first and middle of second turn, and go to bed thinking about Assajj skill and how much they matter in actual battles...abiut her usefulness in any highly competitive scenario.
  • If you have taken a few toons all the way you won't totally rely on cantina. Maybe they have got better now I dunno. I submitted the "real" HPs for the TP a couple of weeks ago and it was never changed.

I am betting that she is a hidden gem, besides she is the only thing left in shipments that is worth it.
  • She is painfully slow.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    I feel you... She is 40/100 to 7 stars for me. I decided to take her all the way after I saw the difference in the TP and Daka from 6-7. I guess what I am saying is "I have hope."

At the very least she can rock it in GW, and if I ever put together that night sister team that looks great on paper, FEAR ME!!

Kinda.. :/

I like the NS team. I will admit though I use JC with them. I just don't like Acolyte that much and Tano is meh.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Go to swgohcantina.com, char stats, then sort by speed. You will see she is one of the slowest (or is she the slowest?) chars in the game.
    Yes, everyone knows that. That's the only reason this thread is what it is as opposed to "Asajj - hidden gem" which would soon become "Asajj - needs nerf". :)
    I can't beat teams that one-shot everyone in the first round anyway. And I don't want to make a "meta team" just to get a few more crystals in the Arena.
    I like complex, interesting characters that have unique abilities and require skill to play. She's one of them, so I hold hope that she becomes more viable.
  • She's my favorite hero in the game, mostly because I love how she is designed - the skills and the movement. Rampage buff, resetting AOE, buff removal - good stuff ... Mine's at 5*, gear 7, and I sometimes use her as lead with Daka and Talia. Unfortunately in Arena she's a bit of a liability.
    I'm still holding up hope that she will be fixed (I will trade group heal for a reliable buff removal), and maybe I can start upgrading her to 6* then.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • SKUNKS wrote: »
    I have been using her as leader for my B team. With her speed buff Old Daka hits early and often for some nice stuns. That gives stuns fro Daka, ASajj and Dooku. I am still new to the game and so this pairing may not work well for elite players.. but my current B team is Asajj Leader, Old daka, Talia, Dooku, Sid has been fun. Still leveling them all up. Have most at gear 7.
    My A team is jedi team with
    Ima-gun-di (literally "i'm gonna die") Leader
    Lumi
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Aayla

But yeah Asajj is fun and I like her look.

I'd love to meet an all Jedi team, They'd never get a hit on Sid. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Lianara wrote: »
    She's my favorite hero in the game, mostly because I love how she is designed - the skills and the movement. Rampage buff, resetting AOE, buff removal - good stuff ... Mine's at 5*, gear 7, and I sometimes use her as lead with Daka and Talia. Unfortunately in Arena she's a bit of a liability.
    I'm still holding up hope that she will be fixed (I will trade group heal for a reliable buff removal), and maybe I can start upgrading her to 6* then.

I heard Talia is a beast at 7star. Do you plan to have mintage and acolyte?
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have Talia at 7* and while no beasy I do think she is a gem ON OFFENSE only. AI doesn't know how to use Talia on defense. Talia hits abiut 4800 on crit for her special, about 2900 for her crit on regular. And consumes 20% of HP and grants 25% turn meter boost to team and a heal better than Daka. She also gains back 630 to 1400 HP every time she uses her regular...which can't be ability blocked obviously, making her more dependable. I have all nighsisters, and I only use Talia and Daka.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Unfortunately unless something changes within the mechanics/meta, toons like Asajj, Anakin, and numerous other ones will never have a role. As long as the game is massively dominated by teams capable of killing two or three toons before they even get to take a turn, all this potential is wasted.
  • Lianara wrote: »
    She's my favorite hero in the game, mostly because I love how she is designed - the skills and the movement. Rampage buff, resetting AOE, buff removal - good stuff ... Mine's at 5*, gear 7, and I sometimes use her as lead with Daka and Talia. Unfortunately in Arena she's a bit of a liability.

Ditto.

She just has so much more to offer than other heroes who only have one attack and one heal or whatever. To make this game more interesting I think new abilities need to be unlocked at a higher level (e.g. 75 to give them time to make them).

My Asajj is 6* 85/100 to 7*. All abilities level 5, gear level 7 with 5/6 full and 1 ready to fill once I get to level 61.

Also, she might get gear 9 as she gets gear 8 so early. Idk?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    We've been through a lot together. :) Got the Heroine pack pretty early on and of course used Barriss a lot, but I really liked Asajj from the start too. Quickly got her to 4*, used her on my PvP team for quite a while. Really useful against all the Chewie teams in the mid-levels, despite her bugs.
    Eventually I had to drop her, she was just too slow and squishy. But after I finished off Sid I went back to her and got her to 6* today.
    I'm .. still unsure about her. She's not that squishy any more, but she can't take much damage. She's still very slow. She does hit hard though, especially when she gets that nice buff.
    I'm holding off on Arena tokens for now to see what else comes out. I hope she gets fixed in the next patch. I'd like to see this "health steal" start working too since she has the best value for it in the game. Maybe that will compensate for the lack of base HP.
    She has so much potential... but just never quite seems to have enough for the "A" team. If all the team buffing and taunting continues though.. might be worth it to 7* her anyway....
    Anyone else use her?

I have her sitting at 6* as well and I'm holding her there while I get my IG88 to Level 6, so I'll have time to think about where I'll take her after the update, which will hopefully have a fix for the bugs she suffers from so that she can be more consistent....
  • Oh when her AoE crits, and it seems to often it can brutalize a team.

Just do not forget to train her "hidden ability" to see Rampage you have to scroll down in her ability list, it's a chance for Defence up and Offence up as well as a chance for turn meter increase.

Her AoE has a chance to refresh the meter as well.

Those skills kind of make up for the speed a bit.
  • I like Ventress a lot. She is slower, a bit squishy, but her array of abilities is nice. I run as an alternative squad a NS team with her as lead. They are pretty quick and hit not too bad. Have control, heal, stealth, just a nice range. They do have their weaknesses which I don't care to post publicly,lol, but all builds do. Just a matter of finding them.
  • As a ftp player I spent the so much time investing into her before finding out that her speed leadership doesn't work on turn 1s.. Imo it should and they need to fix this. Almost everyone else's leadership works on round 1. Then again I'm little mad I invested over 2 weeks into her before figuring out she is worthless against the current meta on my server of poe/fotp/leia/Phasma (l) /whatever... People get 1 shot way too often against for and Leia. If it doesn't get fixed soon I will be quiting because as a ftp player it so hard to stay competitive when these "glitches" are out there...

I was going to use her as leader with taila, daka, sid and lum. All are 7 * minus asajj 6*. Was hoping to get a possible daka stun on leia or fotp before they could go or poe taunting... Like I said it's very discouraging being a ftp when things like this exist. Ohh well.
  • I have her full - lvl 60, 7*, full equipment. I have been using her since I have bought the pack and I love her. You just need to know how to use her. Her debuff is great, if you know on what kinds of buffs it works. And i like that it heals whole team. She is slow, but that is plus for me - because if opponent team tank taunts, Assaj can debuff him in the end of my round. Greatly works also on Phasmas advantage buff. And her AOE damage is great with her buff.

BTW. i am actually #63 in arena.
  • I saw when I started the game that all the Dark Side healers are Nightsisters and Old Daka is the only true healer, so I've been putting everything into getting a Nightsister team.

Don't leaders benefit from their own leader ability? That would make her a little faster, though still she would be a slow character.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Araedon wrote: »
    I have her full - lvl 60, 7*, full equipment. I have been using her since I have bought the pack and I love her. You just need to know how to use her.

This is almost word for word what I was saying for weeks. And I did learn how to use her well. But after I hit level 60 she seemed to be not up to snuff compared to other characters.
    I'm starting to fall in love with her again though. :)
    I realized I hadn't upgraded her AoE as much as I could have, so it is now +20% damage from where it was. When that goes off while she has offense up, ouch.
    I was just in an arena match against a droid team, which normally scare me. He had Poggle and HK-47 and they were buffed to the nines. Hit her debuff, and it didn't work properly but still stripped the offense up off half the team and healed my team by a pile. At that point the match was over, it was just a matter of finishing them all off.
    I've thought about a nightsisters team too. I have her, and Daka is almost 6*. I have Ahsoka though I stopped working on her. Nightsister initiate is a pretty easy farm. But when I have fought these teams I've always beaten them, I don't think they are ready for prime time yet.

BTW @Araedon her description says she's only supposed to heal herself, not her party. It's unclear if the ability is mistaken or the description. I hope she keeps healing her team, there's a dearth of dark side healers and that ability is key to her value. She's the slowest char in the game and so should be very strong.
  • @Qeltar
    What is the rest of your stun team? I am working on one as well, but currently have to just use my top 5 toons which are Lumi, Sid, dooku, asajj, and daka. Am currently farming phasma for her leader skill, but didn't know who should be my 5th, both currently or in the long run. Thoughts?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The plan was Phasma, Dooku, Asajj, Daka and Kylo. But with all the heavy damage teams out there, I am not sure I can drop Lumi. Maybe if/when I get Daka to 7*, but right now I need her massive heal. Who to bench though is really hard. Already I have to drop Sid for this to work and he's tough to lose.
  • I'm hoping the stuns will replace Sid's heal immunity, but only time will tell. I did just unlock kylo, but at 4* he is certainly not ready to replace anybody. I was also thinking that the double healer will make up for the lack of dps, also Lumi helps with that by hitting pretty hard. As a Ftp I'm hoping to be able to get in front of the meta, hopefully it doesn't screw me up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Your team idea is solid. I am trying to synergize with Phasma, to get more attacks, stuns, counters and assists. But the only way to really do it is to "let go of the security blanket" and drop Lumi, and it's just very hard to do.
    I will have Kylo at 7* tomorrow and it seems a shame not to use him. Like Asajj, a very versatile character.
    If anyone should go from this team, ironically it should be Phasma. But she's just too good to drop. I will probably experiment with both Kylo and Lumi in the 5th spot and see how it goes. If Asajj retains her group heal, that will make things easier (on offense anyway, on defense she'll be useless.)
  • I have Ventress 7* max lvl and gear and while she is slower than my grandmother, I'm hoping that she'll be a one woman slaughterhouse when (if) her bugs get fixed.