Why people so persistent for force close to be banned entirely?

Prev1
thisgameisdope
297 posts Member
edited January 2016
So after having a nightmare arguments with Terrorize89 with his "only my opinion is right" I can clearly know why so many people want it to be ban permanently. Here are some reasons:

1) They could not complete GW WITH or WITHOUT force close. If you are using force close it DOES NOT make you 100% be able to complete GW.

2) They are not LVL 60 yet or LVL 60 with really bad team synergy which makes them impossible to complete GW.

3) They can't climb on the ladder rank (that guy was rank 200ish). The problem is, opponents in GW are random teams from ALL server in SWGOH, so the opponent is not only from your arena server which will not really help your standing in arena whatsoever.

4) They are jealous with teams who can finish it daily (try to improve your Main team first and your other characters)

5) They do not have experiences with other similar games with force close gameplay (I.e Heroes Charge - based on LOL characters and others)

6) People who complaint usually small spender P2P who are angry of losing to F2P ( don't you guys know if F2P in this game can compete with P2P if they have knowledge of the game? and some luck with packs??)

• What would happens if force close actually be banned?

1). It will gives more advantages (widen the gap) for P2P players compare to F2P

2). It will drops significantly the success of people (both P2P and F2P) to complete it daily thus makes devs LOWER the difficulty of GW ( THIS IS THEIR HIDDEN GOAL for them to be able to finish GW). Don't you guys know if Round 1-6 in GW are bonus because of the low difficuly ??

• ]Why should force close stand still / replace retreat button with force close button like others mentioned?

1) Some matches are impossible to beat even after sacrificing 2 teams in the FIRST TRY.
    5vd30y.png
    r0wlr9.png
    2hdmibm.png

2) We can try different formula of our teams AGAINST REAL opponents many times (Arena is limited and if we are in new server, there is no really strong teams with same teams for few weeks time) [/list

• Do you haters know if:
      1) If you can't finish GW, the next day, the opponent are much easier compare to yesterday until you be able to complete it (it works like that in my brother's GW)

2) Round 1-6 are basically practice rounds, you should be able to finish those rounds untouched with only needs healer skills without using those strong ultimate (You need 2-3 healers though)

3) There are many circumstances that makes our phone restarted or close the apps when we compete in GW. Happened to me in Arena and makes me lose the fight.

4) The rewards in GW are great IMO especially for the last 3 rounds which makes DEVS put stronger opponents against us for the last 3 fights (you can check the image above)

5) In every GW, THERE WILL BE 1 round where it will be the hardest of all rounds (which resulted in sacrificing B team (not fooder team) or maybe losing 1-2 main characters after sacrificing B team in order to progress). It is between Round 7-10 from my experiences

About me:
    - F2P
    - Lvl 60
    - lucky with free packs
    - finish #1 daily (6 out of last 7 days)
    - New server
    - almost 40 days of playing
    - Only got 5 Excellent characters as my main and 4 okay characters (4* , lvl 60 and purple gears)
    - Completed GW 25 times in a row now. Before I was upgrading my main team and use sacrifice strategy + force close strategy + retreat strategy+ knowledge about synergy of my main team, I can finish it but not daily.

Thank you and let the haters comment....

Replies

• Options
    Cool
  • Options
    So after having a nightmare arguments with Terrorize89 with his "only my opinion is right" I can clearly know why so many people want it to be ban permanently. Here are some reasons:

1) They could not complete GW WITH or WITHOUT force close. If you are using force close it DOES NOT make you 100% be able to complete GW.

2) They are not LVL 60 yet or LVL 60 with really bad team synergy which makes them impossible to complete GW.

3) They can't climb on the ladder rank (that guy was rank 200ish). The problem is, opponents in GW are random teams from ALL server in SWGOH, so the opponent is not only from your arena server which will not really help your standing in arena whatsoever.

4) They are jealous with teams who can finish it daily (try to improve your Main team first and your other characters)

5) They do not have experiences with other similar games with force close gameplay (I.e Heroes Charge - based on LOL characters and others)

6) People who complaint usually small spender P2P who are angry of losing to F2P ( don't you guys know if F2P in this game can compete with P2P if they have knowledge of the game? and some luck with packs??)

1). It will gives more advantages (widen the gap) for P2P players compare to F2P

2). It will drops significantly the success of people (both P2P and F2P) to complete it daily thus makes devs LOWER the difficulty of GW ( THIS IS THEIR HIDDEN GOAL for them to be able to finish GW). Don't you guys know if Round 1-6 in GW are bonus because of the low difficuly ??

• ]Why should force close stand still / replace retreat button with force close button like others mentioned?

1) Some matches are impossible to beat even after sacrificing 2 teams in the FIRST TRY.
      5vd30y.png
      r0wlr9.png
      2hdmibm.png

2) We can try different formula of our teams AGAINST REAL opponents many times (Arena is limited and if we are in new server, there is no really strong teams with same teams for few weeks time) [/list

• Do you haters know if:
        1) If you can't finish GW, the next day, the opponent are much easier compare to yesterday until you be able to complete it (it works like that in my brother's GW)

2) Round 1-6 are basically practice rounds, you should be able to finish those rounds untouched with only needs healer skills without using those strong ultimate (You need 2-3 healers though)

3) There are many circumstances that makes our phone restarted or close the apps when we compete in GW. Happened to me in Arena and makes me lose the fight.

4) The rewards in GW are great IMO especially for the last 3 rounds which makes DEVS put stronger opponents against us for the last 3 fights (you can check the image above)

5) In every GW, THERE WILL BE 1 round where it will be the hardest of all rounds (which resulted in sacrificing B team (not fooder team) or maybe losing 1-2 main after sacrificing B team in order to progress). It is between Round 7-10 from my experiences

About me:
      - F2P
      - Lvl 60
      - lucky with free packs
      - New server
      - Only got 5 Excellent characters as my main and 4 okay characters (4* , lvl 60 and purple gears)
      - Completed GW 25 times in a row now. Before I was upgrading my main team and use sacrifice strategy + force close strategy + retreat strategy+ knowledge about synergy of my main team, I could finish it daily.

I'm p2p but I am a collector and tester so instead of a few super toons I have a ton of level 60's with Purple or 1 slot all 5-7*, as opposed to 8-10 7* purples. Those not 60 of interest are all 54 plus and all at 5* gear 5 with a slot or gear 6, so I am a different type of p2p person.

I'm not a whale, but not a "small spender" I dropped like $300-$350 the last 36-48 hours alone and have a grand or two because I want to collect and build and test combos, not have a super arena team.

I think FC should stay. I use it, but I use it when I find a cool build I want to test multiple squads against. Once the fight is almost over(they are nearly dead last toon) I FC and go again new build.

I am on an old server with teams that make those you posted above look easy,lol. I finish wherever I choose basicly. Some days I want the ego boost so I take 1, others I'm testing how my AI defends and let it go a day or so.

Unlucky with free packs,lol.

Oh and not to be a **** but like half my GW is teams like you **** above. I get through them with ease really with a couple different builds. That 3rd one though I'll admit was a beast of a surprise that hit very hard and was not with ease. That one I used FC on many times to test builds on(only when I was about to win though)

End of the day I love the FC. It adds to my fun because I like testing and creating. I'm working up a team that people will be like **** and laugh at until they face it. I'm waiting to get it full after we go 70. FC is helping me test and feel that synergy out at lower levels.

Good post, cheers.
  • Options
    After you develop a couple of good squads you don't need force close at all.

However if you are smart, once you get a great opponent that has a set up that you are likely to face in the Arena, you can use it to test different ideas and configurations. Until they give us a way to fight in a "sandbox: this is the best, and only alternative.

Use it as a tool, not as a method to get "free stuff" and you will get a lot more out of it than 5 shards.
  • Options
    Force close, aside from being cheating, is a crutch. If you force close all of the time you will never figure out how to beat it honestly. It is a game, play it and stop being so **** competitive.

I don't want anyone banned or even any consequences for those of you who force close. I would like you to at least admit it is cheating and you are therefore a cheater.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Force close, aside from being cheating, is a crutch. If you force close all of the time you will never figure out how to beat it honestly. It is a game, play it and stop being so **** competitive.

I don't want anyone banned or even any consequences for those of you who force close. I would like you to at least admit it is cheating and you are therefore a cheater.

Based on your comment I believe this is the first game you have been playing with force close apps.

"you will never figure out how to beat it honestly." <- - - So if I can beat it 3-4 times in a week without force close then what next???????????

"at least admit it is cheating and you are therefore a cheater" <- - - Clearly you DO NOT understand WHEN and HOW people can be called cheater or not in a game.

ps: you must be 16 or younger than that...
  • Options
    At the end of the day, leaving FC in hurts no one except those that are arrogant enough to think their way is the only way and everything else is cheating. FC does not work in Arena, which is the only place that you actually affect anyone else's game.

That being said, my iPad crashes on this game every 4-5 battles - and sometimes sooner. If I were punished in GW because it considered it a FC when my app crashed I would not continue playing this game.

At the end of the day, it is up to everyone to play how they want to play - competitive or casual. For anyone to try to control or belittle others for how they play the game is ridiculous
  • Options
    What's the deal with other people caring about what happens in my game on my phone? If the devs think its a bug they will fix it, until then it's fair game for everyone as its not exclusive to a particular set of people. Its different if it's happening in arena, but GW is just full on single player.
  • Options
    What's the deal with other people caring about what happens in my game on my phone? If the devs think its a bug they will fix it, until then it's fair game for everyone as its not exclusive to a particular set of people. Its different if it's happening in arena, but GW is just full on single player.

because they are bitter -sad players bro...those people with that small mindset will not understand anything except their "right " opinion...
  • Options
    akositzke wrote: »
    At the end of the day, leaving FC in hurts no one except those that are arrogant enough to think their way is the only way and everything else is cheating. FC does not work in Arena, which is the only place that you actually affect anyone else's game.

That being said, my iPad crashes on this game every 4-5 battles - and sometimes sooner. If I were punished in GW because it considered it a FC when my app crashed I would not continue playing this game.

At the end of the day, it is up to everyone to play how they want to play - competitive or casual. For anyone to try to control or belittle others for how they play the game is ridiculous

This. X2
  • Options

Cry me a river. If you force close until you find the team comp that wins that is exactly the opposite of what you just said. It's literally "figuring out how to beat it honestly"

Need I mention the **** 7* FOTP among other impossible characters you face? Get a grip on yourself man
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not 60 yet, and my server is a new server, so I don't face 7* Leías. But so far, at 50, retreat has been enough to clear GW with a single squad of toons. Today I did it and used 6 chars, which probable could have been done with 5, as I put JC in from the bench to heal once, because my other heals were in cooldown and a char got focus fired randomly too much.

I suppose once I Play in a 60 lvl 7* GW things may change, and I'll have to use force close to avoid being oneshot by Leia, but so far, two healers plus three fast single tsrget chars have worked perfectly. Just snipe someone in the first turn, retreat, donde, repeat. So far, so good
  • Options
    actually.... broadcasting this is the best way, if they dont fix it, then everyone understands its... and they choose the way they want to play

and by being so out there it either becomes blessed by CG or Changed, but until then wild wild west it is, and people care to deeply about this either way, but its interesting that that force closed supporters clearly are not the apk script kiddies, because they dont need to force close when they just one shot everything and cant die lol

so I quess we are weeding out a different set of people each posting? >/
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Have heard this argument before, but it's not correct. There's nothing "full on single player" in a game with arena. IF (big, hypothethical IF) force closing is not right, then whatbyou do in your GW affects how you fight others in Arena. You'll have a 7* Lumi, instead of a 5*/one. You'll have rank 6 skills with the mats you got in your arena vaults. And so on.

So the argument is if force closing is part of the game, or a exploit. If it's ok, it would be the equivalent of having a healthy diet in a sport: it gives you an adventage, but it's legal and it's there to be used. If it's not ok, it would be like using PEDs. Right now, it's like some supplement that enhqnce you, but nobody has said yet if it is legal or not.. But there is an effect in Arena, that for sure. Same with farming mats, or clearing missions in single player, also affects arena. Players who got 7* vaders did it in single player too. But that affected their arena rank.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here are other very important reasons tonbe banned:

- Those that like the color red. It's unfair as it's proven that those people play harder and sleep less to level, which is unfair

- the cheaters abusing the synergies. Like using Poe with Phasma and FOTP and Leia. They are taking the synergies to levels that the designers obviously wouldn't allow. With Sid? ban them three times!

- everyone that started right after launch. They got Dooku and have had more time to level, unfairly, versus every other decent person just starting to play the day after they watched the SW VII movie.

- everyone that beats me. The only way to beat me is cheating, cheating, cheating

- finally, and the worst class of offenders - those without shame at all - are well know. They tend to not like my favorite show "Drangon Ball Z" and on top of that they like the spanish singer David Bisbal. BAN THEM FAST
  • Options
    Here are other very important reasons tonbe banned:

- Those that like the color red. It's unfair as it's proven that those people play harder and sleep less to level, which is unfair

- the cheaters abusing the synergies. Like using Poe with Phasma and FOTP and Leia. They are taking the synergies to levels that the designers obviously wouldn't allow. With Sid? ban them three times!

- everyone that started right after launch. They got Dooku and have had more time to level, unfairly, versus every other decent person just starting to play the day after they watched the SW VII movie.

- everyone that beats me. The only way to beat me is cheating, cheating, cheating

- finally, and the worst class of offenders - those without shame at all - are well know. They tend to not like my favorite show "Drangon Ball Z" and on top of that they like the spanish singer David Bisbal. BAN THEM FAST

Awesome post - couldn't agree more :smile:
  • Options
    Short answer, because they are ****. :smile:
  • Options

5vd30y.png
      r0wlr9.png
      2hdmibm.png

• Do you haters know if:

5) In every GW, THERE WILL BE 1 round where it will be the hardest of all rounds (which resulted in sacrificing B team (not fooder team) or maybe losing 1-2 main characters after sacrificing B team in order to progress). It is between Round 7-10 from my experiences

About me:
      - F2P
      - Lvl 60
      - lucky with free packs
      - New server
      - Completed GW 25 times in a row now. Before I was upgrading my main team and use sacrifice strategy + force close strategy + retreat strategy+ knowledge about synergy of my main team, I can finish it but not daily.

Lol how sad, all this seems to be is a personal me vs you post. Perhaps check your facts ;) since you won't take my word for it, I believe @WhipiT can tell you what level I am and where I rank in the arena. I've also never said they should be banned, but perhaps if you had a sufficient level of reading comprehension, you would know that.

Also, since this seems to be a head butting contest. I clear GW daily without ever having used force close, whereas it seems you've never beaten it without the aid if force close.

If you want to resort to childish attacks under the failed guise of a civil topic with incorrect facts then be my guest. But just reflect on the above fact first, and only come back to me once you manage to beat GW unaided, unless you're all talk which I assume you are. Until then, you'll never be better than me ;) sorry kid.
  • Options

5vd30y.png
      r0wlr9.png
      2hdmibm.png

• Do you haters know if:

About me:
      - F2P
      - Lvl 60
      - lucky with free packs
      - New server

Lol how sad, all this seems to be is a personal me vs you post. Perhaps check your facts ;) since you won't take my word for it, I believe @WhipiT can tell you what level I am and where I rank in the arena. I've also never said they should be banned, but perhaps if you had a sufficient level of reading comprehension, you would know that.

Also, since this seems to be a head butting contest. I clear GW daily without ever having used force close, whereas it seems you've never beaten it without the aid if force close.

If you want to resort to childish attacks under the failed guise of a civil topic with incorrect facts then be my guest. But just reflect on the above fact first, and only come back to me once you manage to beat GW unaided, unless you're all talk which I assume you are. Until then, you'll never be better than me ;) sorry kid.

You do not need to call Whipit and can just show it to us here? Want to have a backup by calling old member in this forum? Come on we want to see your darth maul, sidious, luminara, obiwan, daka???

"If you want to resort to childish attacks under the failed guise of a civil topic with incorrect facts then be my guest. But just reflect on the above fact first, and only come back to me once you manage to beat GW unaided, unless you're all talk which I assume you are. Until then, you'll never be better than me ;) sorry kid."- - - > Really brave man especially for someone who never complete GW.....Show me the evidences since you just all talk big in this forum...

ow do not forget to show your rank ladder...its almost 6pm...
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FC gave everyone a new life because farming long hours in a pve game such as this is hard enough. Don't make it harder to the point where lives are ruined after they invested heavily into this game (Money and Time wise).

I also want to give a perspective from a level 53 that just unlocked GW, not a single character is max yet and GW took 3+ hours to complete. This is coming from a F2P that learn the tips and trick from this helpful community.

Post edited by Jsnazz on
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Have heard this argument before, but it's not correct. There's nothing "full on single player" in a game with arena. IF (big, hypothethical IF) force closing is not right, then whatbyou do in your GW affects how you fight others in Arena. You'll have a 7* Lumi, instead of a 5*/one. You'll have rank 6 skills with the mats you got in your arena vaults. And so on.

So the argument is if force closing is part of the game, or a exploit. If it's ok, it would be the equivalent of having a healthy diet in a sport: it gives you an adventage, but it's legal and it's there to be used. If it's not ok, it would be like using PEDs. Right now, it's like some supplement that enhqnce you, but nobody has said yet if it is legal or not.. But there is an effect in Arena, that for sure. Same with farming mats, or clearing missions in single player, also affects arena. Players who got 7* vaders did it in single player too. But that affected their arena rank.

If you truly believe that this game is meant to be played on a level playing field for everyone then you are sorely mistaken. The fact that this is a freemium game means it's an uneven field to begin with if you can pay to get ahead in progression. Passing GW consistently will not amount to an advantage significant enough to get you competitive in arena because after a few meta changes f2p players will be so far behind in team composition and character progress compared to p2p players that you will be lucky to get in the top 200.

At the end of the day, I think the burden of responsibility lies with the devs as they allow for this to happen. They designed the game such that GW battles are resolved client side instead of server side so they allowed for this to happen. If they this was not what they intended then they ought to fix it top priority, but to punish those who play it the way the design allows for is dumb and it would be bad business to do so from their perspective.
  • Options
    This we'll never be banned because they can't guarantee that this game will never crash on older devices. Games crash all the time so, I wouldn't expect any traction on this issue.
  • Options
    As long as Leia or FotP one shot my only healer in GW, I'm gonna FC. I don't consider it a "fair" loss when 2 out of all toons 1 shot your core which prevents you from progressing the table.
    If you wanna talk fair, this is not the place to do it.
    So what if people get 1200 tokens out of GW and are able to upgrade skills faster this way. If people aren't crying about how slow progress is being made, take out the GW factor and we won't see a single toon completed if you are f2p.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    As long as Leia or FotP one shot my only healer in GW, I'm gonna FC. I don't consider it a "fair" loss when 2 out of all toons 1 shot your core which prevents you from progressing the table.
    If you wanna talk fair, this is not the place to do it.
    So what if people get 1200 tokens out of GW and are able to upgrade skills faster this way. If people aren't crying about how slow progress is being made, take out the GW factor and we won't see a single toon completed if you are f2p.

One more thing to remember...even without FC, people should be able to get 800 GW crystals ( Round 10) daily...if you guys can't do it...please stop mention GW at all....its wortless...its like talking to someone about relationship advices eventhough the helper guy never had one before in his life.. B)

• Options
    I get this gut feeling that in most cases, when you see arguing over people who use these methods or workarounds such as the force close method or maybe taking Darth Vader shards, 90% of the time, it's P2P players. Many of these players pay big bucks to stand out and these methods take away from their glory in the game.

In my case, I personally don't care what you do in this game, so go take Vader shards until you're sick, use the modded apk, force close every battle, whatever makes you happy. To me, this is only a game and whether I'm number 1 or number 1000, I still have fun playing and also enjoy the social end of the game.
  • Options
    You do not need to call Whipit and can just show it to us here?

Terrorize and WhipiT are both on my shard. I'm not sure how well they do in all events, but I can confirm that WhipiT/ILOVEKRISTEN is usually somewhere in the 20s in PVP on average and Terrorize is around the 50-70's range.

I am looking now at the rankings and as of 1-11-16, WhipiT is in 16th place and Terrorize is in 82nd place....
  • Options
    I've looked for awhile and cannot find any jedi or sith who has this force close ability someone help
  • Options

Based on your comment I believe this is the first game you have been playing with force close apps.

"you will never figure out how to beat it honestly." <- - - So if I can beat it 3-4 times in a week without force close then what next???????????

"at least admit it is cheating and you are therefore a cheater" <- - - Clearly you DO NOT understand WHEN and HOW people can be called cheater or not in a game.

ps: you must be 16 or younger than that...

When a dev comes out and says we intended for people to force close the app when it got too hard I will admit I'm qrong. But as it stands I have a hard time believing they built that functionality in, and if they had they would have likely added a tip somewhere.

Also a cheater is someone who works around the game to get an unfair advantage. It encompasses hacking as well as exploiting bugs.

I don't get where I have to be 16 or younger. I can only assume by this random comment and your atrocious grammar that you are a foreigner. You should probably go take an English class instead of learning the language from I love lucy reruns.
  • Options

Terrorize and WhipiT are both on my shard. I'm not sure how well they do in all events, but I can confirm that WhipiT/ILOVEKRISTEN is usually somewhere in the 20s in PVP on average and Terrorize is around the 50-70's range.

I am looking now at the rankings and as of 1-11-16, WhipiT is in 16th place and Terrorize is in 82nd place....

Mmhmm, no where near 6pm for me yet so no need to push.
  • Options

Mmhmm, no where near 6pm for me yet so no need to push.

I thought this would help you Terrorize??? I quoted someone asking for proof of your server position, figured I'd add it for you. I am sitting in the 40s right now myself, no big deal.....
  • Options
    Use the Force (close). It's your destiny.