Ugh @ Mod'd Rey

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
So now Rey can't really be killed before she starts one-shooting your characters. What's that you say? Give your guys the health mods as well? Sure thing. Now if only I can get through the mod'd RG she's hiding behind that I can't remove quickly enough because I've sunk my mods into trying to survive Rey.

Seriously, Devs. Just admit no playtesting was actually done and mods were designed by a Yu-Gi-Oh developer who doesn't think a couple of extra zeros are a big deal.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• opu120
    211 posts Member
    Buff immunity on RG, then focus fire Rey. Same as before.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    opu120 wrote: »

How does this actually help on getting through Rey's RG?

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka wrote: »

If RG can't taunt he is useless.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Bring your own rey. Coinflip battle.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »

If RG can't taunt he is useless.

How do I prevent him from activating his taunt. Also, a lot of players are using RG + Han.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Or both QGJ and Teebo remove the buff. Just hammer her until the taunt, remove the taunt, and keep beating on her until she goes down.
  • Lukey
    9 posts Member
    Who can do Buff immunity?
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Or bring your droids. B2 is the best buff immunizer and his droid buddies hit hard but for F2P JKA works nicely too.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Daker wrote: »
    Or both QGJ and Teebo remove the buff. Just hammer her until the taunt, remove the taunt, and keep beating on her until she goes down.

The team was Dooku, Rey, RG, Han, and QGJ. Mods made this set up a nightmare anyway you look at it.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Lukey wrote: »

Buff immunity can be inflicted by three toons - B2 on his AoE, Nightsister Initiate on her special, and JKA on his basic. It's a little red triangle above the opposing toon, and it means that this particular toon can't gain any positive effects (any of those little green things like taunting or offense up or crit chance up) for their next two turns. So if you've got buff immunity on StH and he tries to taunt, nothing happens and he wastes a turn. Same if Leia tries to stealth. Imo removing the buff once it's there with Teebo or QGJ works but you have to wait till it's their turn and they may go in the meantime. With buff immunity the buff never happens in the first place.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Woops, never mind. Learning to read...
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited July 2016
  • Daker
    109 posts Member

The team was Dooku, Rey, RG, Han, and QGJ. Mods made this set up a nightmare anyway you look at it.

To be fair...that was a tough team to beat before the mods too. Did you have the same quality of mods as that team?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Or bring your droids. B2 is the best buff immunizer and his droid buddies hit hard but for F2P JKA works nicely too.

Buff immunity can be inflicted by three toons - B2 on his AoE, Nightsister Initiate on her special, and JKA on his basic. It's a little red triangle above the opposing toon, and it means that this particular toon can't gain any positive effects (any of those little green things like taunting or offense up or crit chance up) for their next two turns. So if you've got buff immunity on StH and he tries to taunt, nothing happens and he wastes a turn. Same if Leia tries to stealth. Imo removing the buff once it's there with Teebo or QGJ works but you have to wait till it's their turn and they may go in the meantime. With buff immunity the buff never happens in the first place.

So be pigeonholed into using a single toon who may or may not even do anything because they're using Dooku.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2016

So be pigeonholed into using a single toon who may or may not even do anything because they're using Dooku.

Sorry I don't follow you. I was talking about how to deal with RG, not Dooku. And yes I think it's a good strategy when faced with a troublesome, popular toon like RG to farm a particular toon to deal with that threat.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member

To be fair...that was a tough team to beat before the mods too. Did you have the same quality of mods as that team?

Somewhat. My RG had full 5* health mods as did my JE (though they were not yet leveled as I have zero credits). My droids had the basic mods. The Rey had full 5* mods but only half were L15 and the others were L1.

And this was a tough team before but not nearly as though as it is now. Before, I actually had a decent shot at taking Rey out before she could hid behind RG. Now she has more than double the health and hits for at least twice as much.

I like the general idea of the mods but they WAAAAAAAYYYYY messed up on the insane bonuses they're providing.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member

Sorry I don't follow you. I was talking about how to deal with RG, not Dooku.

Dooku evade bonus could entirely nullify JKA's or B2's immunity buff attack. It basically becomes an all or nothing action.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member

Dooku evade bonus could entirely nullify JKA's or B2's immunity buff attack. It basically becomes an all or nothing action.

True. That's a risk you're gonna have trying to land any attack on a dodge team. Time to start investing in accuracy and potency mods!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member

True. That's a risk you're gonna have trying to land any attack on a dodge team. Time to start investing in accuracy and potency mods!

Two problems with that. One, if you don't already have those characters, that's a long and expensive grind to gain access to those mods.

And two, now your health is as low as ever and all that much easier to kill before you can take an action. A Rey can now achieve 250 or so speed.

I'll say again, mods are terrible with their current huge values. I refuse to believe any real testing was actually done.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member

Two problems with that. One, if you don't already have those characters, that's a long and expensive grind to gain access to those mods.

And two, now your health is as low as ever and all that much easier to kill before you can take an action. A Rey can now achieve 250 or so speed.

I'll say again, mods are terrible with their current huge values. I refuse to believe any real testing was actually done.

I agree that the values in mods are too high - a 5-10% boost not devaluing our hard-earned gear would have been preferable. But your point about prioritization of mods is exactly why I like the concept so much: to me, it adds another fun layer of strategy when you have to decide between speed vs potency vs accuracy vs health. And by the way, there's plenty of potency and accuracy boosts as secondary stats on health mods so no need to go farm General Veers just to get a potency boost.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    So now Rey can't really be killed before she starts one-shooting your characters. What's that you say? Give your guys the health mods as well? Sure thing. Now if only I can get through the mod'd RG she's hiding behind that I can't remove quickly enough because I've sunk my mods into trying to survive Rey.

Seriously, Devs. Just admit no playtesting was actually done and mods were designed by a Yu-Gi-Oh developer who doesn't think a couple of extra zeros are a big deal.

It's like the old Poe coin flip combined with how Rey or FOTP would one-shot your pride and joy before they introduced the protection update. So yes, it's basically turned into adapt the previous/current meta into mini gods or die.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Yudoka
    Yup.
    If you don't mod HP on a character that can't stealth (hell, even one that can) and you get a Rey going after them? They're dead. You'd be missing 3x 15% hp bonuses + the hp bonuses from the actual runes themselves.

Cool. Throw crit and damage on Leia. Thats neat. I'll just one shot her with my 80k hp/prot IG88 who aoe's for 30k+.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Bring your own rey. Coinflip battle.

Find yourself one of those mods that adds +59 speed, Rey their Rey.

You got Reygunned.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member

I agree that the values in mods are too high - a 5-10% boost not devaluing our hard-earned gear would have been preferable. But your point about prioritization of mods is exactly why I like the concept so much: to me, it adds another fun layer of strategy when you have to decide between speed vs potency vs accuracy vs health. And by the way, there's plenty of potency and accuracy boosts as secondary stats on health mods so no need to go farm General Veers just to get a potency boost.

The problem with the secondary stats at the moment is that they're generated completely randomly. So you could get the potency and what not or the very useless defense.

I honestly expected mods to be way less impactfull. A set bonus of +4% crit would've been great. But +40% is just insane. Scale everything down to 1/10th of what it is now and you'd have a great new little system to customize characters without completely breaking everything and invalidating a lot of other content.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Scale it down and stick to percentages based on base gear/level/rarity to maintain their relevance.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

The problem with the secondary stats at the moment is that they're generated completely randomly. So you could get the potency and what not or the very useless defense.

I honestly expected mods to be way less impactfull. A set bonus of +4% crit would've been great. But +40% is just insane. Scale everything down to 1/10th of what it is now and you'd have a great new little system to customize characters without completely breaking everything and invalidating a lot of other content.

You and everyone else. Mods are (in this game specifically due to how gear worked) supposed to add touch-ups to some characters. Ventress has low speed? Give her a full set of 5* runes that give at most maybe 25 speed.

Add a bit of offence to leia to give her triple shot that extra kick.

Dont like IG88's low hp? Maybe he would be better with hp mods, or just give him more speed to make sure he goes first to get his AOE off.

Little things, not this whole "I put an entire rune set on a character and literally every stat they have is 6x more than what we started with."

As a joke, I did a t7 raid on p1 with my non-raid team. What normaly did like 150k is now doing over a million. Its absurd.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member

Totally agree with 4% as opposed to 40% and everything in that paragraph.

I don't know for sure if the secondary stats are random, but even if they are, there are only a dozen or so different options (percent raises in potency, speed, offense, protection, tenacity, health, etc.). So if you're really focused on boosting the potency of a particular toon, keep farming till you get 6 level 5 health mods with potency as a secondary stat.

I know this feels like a long way off, but within one week most serious players will have farmed 30 total level 5 mods (probably vast majority will be health mods to start), outfitting their entire arena team. Then the only thing left to do is farm additional level 5 health mods with different secondary stats to swap in based on preferences. And gradually build up other teams to farm different high level mods.

After two days, I agree there's a huge disparity when the whales already have 30 level 5 mods to outfit their entire arena teams and the rest of us are playing catch up. All I'm saying is that it won't take that long for us to catch up, and that's when the strategy/prioritization part kicks in.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member

Totally agree with 4% as opposed to 40% and everything in that paragraph.

I don't know for sure if the secondary stats are random, but even if they are, there are only a dozen or so different options (percent raises in potency, speed, offense, protection, tenacity, health, etc.). So if you're really focused on boosting the potency of a particular toon, keep farming till you get 6 level 5 health mods with potency as a secondary stat.

I know this feels like a long way off, but within one week most serious players will have farmed 30 total level 5 mods (probably vast majority will be health mods to start), outfitting their entire arena team. Then the only thing left to do is farm additional level 5 health mods with different secondary stats to swap in based on preferences. And gradually build up other teams to farm different high level mods.

After two days, I agree there's a huge disparity when the whales already have 30 level 5 mods to outfit their entire arena teams and the rest of us are playing catch up. All I'm saying is that it won't take that long for us to catch up, and that's when the strategy/prioritization part kicks in.

Keep in mind EA is right now working on creating the pre-crafting mess again on purpose. The post from the dev yesterday that the patch today will remove the 100% drop rate on mods in battles and challenges and instead make the rate slightly better than shards. So like before, the whales will have everything they need by now while everyone else is going to spend week if not months catching up. Probably just in time for more content to invalidate this content.

• M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Does ventress remove the taunt too, or no?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    M31Andro wrote: »
    Does ventress remove the taunt too, or no?

Yes. She eats all buffs.