PvP combat timer is too short

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
I understand it was only 3:00 before launch? Wow. Because even 5:00 is really too short, due to all the healers and counter-attackers in teams right now.

Losing because you were just about to land the killing blow on the final opponent and the clock ticked to zero is lame. I know, it applies to everyone, but I for one would like to see this lengthened a bit.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    Some would argue that it's too long, myself being part of that group. I think there are some big changes coming to PvP soon. The EA Producers alluded to an overhaul of the system entirely not too long ago, so this might just be a temporary system.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I guess the timer length directly influences the turnover, the rate at which people go up and down. The shorter the timer, the harder it is to beat other players.

I hope that overhaul doesn't end up invalidating all the work many of us have built into making good PvP teams. But it probably will. :)
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I guess the timer length directly influences the turnover, the rate at which people go up and down. The shorter the timer, the harder it is to beat other players.

I hope that overhaul doesn't end up invalidating all the work many of us have built into making good PvP teams. But it probably will. :)

Well before Global launch when PvP timers were 3:00, AoE damage was double what it is now and everyone had full AoE teams (Sid, IG-88, Dathcha, Jawa, Boba, or Veers). Most people didn't even bother taking a healer because 2 AoE attacks could potentially kill off your entire team.

Then they changed it to the current meta and now most AoE teams got swapped for the Barriss healing teams.

So what I'm saying is always expect whatever team you currently have to change every time there's an update to the game due to balancing changes.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, and I get that.

But I still think that timers should only be to end fights that REALLY drag on. In the current meta my guess is a lot of fights end in draws.

Another thing I don't get is why when auto mode is engaged everything goes so much faster. It's not just that the computer decides what to do, the animations are also faster. I end up actually finishing some of my battles on auto.
This discussion has been closed.