poe vs daka

i just found a 4* daka and i was wondering whether to stop farming poe and work on daka in cantina shipments

Replies

• No reason you cant do both. It will only help in GW. Old Kaka will be good enough in DS and as a B or C team healer in GW as is, focus on Poe as he will be a huge asset as an arena taunter.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    A 4* Daka is fine for most things. I was able to 3* DS hard 5a and b (where people seem to have a lot of trouble) using only a 4* Daka. If that is your primary goal for her and you're looking to farm Poe for arena, then focus on Poe.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    A 4* Daka is fine for most things. I was able to 3* DS hard 5a and b (where people seem to have a lot of trouble) using only a 4* Daka. If that is your primary goal for her and you're looking to farm Poe for arena, then focus on Poe.

is daka better in the arena though? or is poe the better option there
  • Kaka sucks in arena unless you get very lucky with her revives. Her usefulness is healer scarcity for DS and backup healer for GW
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Daka sucks in arena. I'd rank her as mildly annoying at best. On offense her revive seems to hit like .01%. On defense her revive seems to hit more often, but it's easy to insta-gib those toons immediately anyway. She's only annoying cause I may half to waste a toons turn killing something I already killed if I don't have an AOE up.

• I am about to coronate 7* Daka. If I could do thing over again, Poe is much higher priority. Daka stun works occasionaly, her revive only works on defense (could be good for arena), her damage is below par and her heal is deficient (for arena). Her stun is handy, but the higher the level the more she misses. At *7 high gear enemies she kisses sonodten it's very unreliable.

I think it's a good char overall, but more replaceabke than Poe or Han. Many team comps require a taunter. And Poe is the most dangerous only followed by Han.
  • I am about to coronate 7* Daka. If I could do thing over again, Poe is much higher priority. Daka stun works occasionaly, her revive only works on defense (could be good for arena), her damage is below par and her heal is deficient (for arena). Her stun is handy, but the higher the level the more she misses. At *7 high gear enemies she kisses sonodten it's very unreliable.

I think it's a good char overall, but more replaceabke than Poe or Han. Many team comps require a taunter. And Poe is the most dangerous only followed by Han.

I'd totally agree here. Poe is superior as his actions are certain. Daka is too unreliable for my taste. The revive skill isn't reliable and her stuns aren't reliable. If those don't fire she's pretty worthless in a battle as she has modest health and doesn't do much damage...healing in general is mostly dead and her heal is pretty small anyway. I still think she's a solid unit, but she can't compare to Poe.
  • POE soulja boy!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've almost got Daka to 6* and am then going to pause and see what happens in the next patch. Poe does look powerful but I am reluctant to jump on the bandwagon I guess. I don't really have a team designed to exploit his strengths and would have to start from scratch leveling up DPS characters. Never been a fan of the taunt playstyle either I suppose.
    Daka I think is being unappreciated in this thread. In my experience, she stuns someone around 2/3 of her turns on offense, and she's fairly quick. Stuns are a game-changer. On defense, she can be extremely annoying, and she's not nearly as squishy as people think. Only drawback is that when she's used on offense, the defense tends to focus-fire her worse than any other char I've ever used.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd go POE first and Daka second. I love Daka though. I ran through GW with one team and 0 retreats (no force closes either) last night with:

Barris (lead) 4*
    Daka 6*
    Lumni 7*
    FOTP. 4*
    G Soldier 4*

Level 60
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I've almost got Daka to 6* and am then going to pause and see what happens in the next patch. Poe does look powerful but I am reluctant to jump on the bandwagon I guess. I don't really have a team designed to exploit his strengths and would have to start from scratch leveling up DPS characters. Never been a fan of the taunt playstyle either I suppose.
    Daka I think is being unappreciated in this thread. In my experience, she stuns someone around 2/3 of her turns on offense, and she's fairly quick. Stuns are a game-changer. On defense, she can be extremely annoying, and she's not nearly as squishy as people think. Only drawback is that when she's used on offense, the defense tends to focus-fire her worse than any other char I've ever used.

^^ This, I have Daka at 7* & full gear. (She has two gear not available until L62 & L65) her heals are a *lot* better with the ability upgrades, she is fast and that stun is a game changer. (For some reason she seems to get called for assists often.. Very cool.) she is beefy enough to survive a couple of rounds.

This morning I fought a Poe Team. I focused on Poe, she stunned him & and another toon , brought him down before he could do anything. The AI tends to focus fire on her but that's O.K. Even if she is the first killed in the second round I have 4 other toons with full health standing and they are down their tank and their glass cannon easy. If she survives you have her heal.

I hated Daka as I was bringing her up, I did so to help with the Dark Side Challenges & GW. Now I find myself going to her in situations where I need control & she does not let me down.

Never underestimate her.