As someone who never used the Vader glitch.

I dont think these players should be banned, they never hacked into the system, all they did was play around a bug/glitch that EA should have been responsible for fixing. And for the record I haven't even unlocked vader(I need to purchase 8 more shipments from store to unlock him), so I can send screenshots to prove this because I know there will be doubting me.

Replies

• umm i think they should have some sort of penalty...these people had to remove all their friends and readd people many many times. they got hundreds of free bronzium packs from this...so it was a doubly unfair advantage.

they knew what they were doing was wrong...clearly.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Atrapitis.gif
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »
    umm i think they should have some sort of penalty...these people had to remove all their friends and readd people many many times. they got hundreds of free bronzium packs from this...so it was a doubly unfair advantage.

Why would they get hundreds of free bronzium packages? I never really researched on what exactly what the vader glitch was but you do know that you dont get any ally points when one of your friends uses one of your character right?

Yes, they had an unfair advantage, and they knew they were using a glitch, but they should have been warned about this. To me, using the Vader Glitch, and force closing are similar, and it's even arguable that force closing is worse because you reap far more overall benefits, neither of these are hacking or using mods, they're just playing around things that the devs should have fixed.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Atrapitis.gif

Not a trap ackbar, I genuinely think this.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    umm i think they should have some sort of penalty...these people had to remove all their friends and readd people many many times. they got hundreds of free bronzium packs from this...so it was a doubly unfair advantage.

Why would they get hundreds of free bronzium packages? I never really researched on what exactly what the vader glitch was but you do know that you dont get any ally points when one of your friends uses one of your character right?

Yes, they had an unfair advantage, and they knew they were using a glitch, but they should have been warned about this. To me, using the Vader Glitch, and force closing are similar, and it's even arguable that force closing is worse because you reap far more overall benefits, neither of these are hacking or using mods, they're just playing around things that the devs should have fixed.

You get 2k ally points from the final achievement.

They had to exploit like at least 30 times to get a 7* vader.

The "exploits" are in no way similar. Vader is on a completely different level.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Why would they get hundreds of free bronzium packages? I never really researched on what exactly what the vader glitch was but you do know that you dont get any ally points when one of your friends uses one of your character right

I can't remember; did that achievement grant ally points each time it was completed as well?
  • Elyndria wrote: »

Oh okay, I wasn't aware about this, but at the end of the day, they shouldnt be penalized for a glitch. If they modded or hacked it's a complete different story, this is something the devs should have fixed.

How are they not similar? Both of these strats are using glitches to gain an advantage. One is getting mats+tokens+gems+lots of gold, the other is getting a 7 star vader. Is 7 star vader even that great? 4 star vader is pretty awful on defense, I can't imagine him getting to an op level with 3 stars.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I would ban them, without hesitation. The fact they exploited an existent glitch is meaningless in my opinion. All exploits happen because of that. As I see it, blaming EA for that behaiviour would be like blaming the goverment because some people evade taxes.

There is a thread about a guy who foubd accidentaly the glitch. His vader remsis with 4", because he didn't exploit it, even if he knew how. That's what every player should have done. Those who didn't, deserve punishment. If not banning, (because that involve refunding them their money I think) then a month without earning xp, gear or mats, starting with the update.
  • Elyndria wrote: »

Oh okay, I wasn't aware about this, but at the end of the day, they shouldnt be penalized for a glitch. If they modded or hacked it's a complete different story, this is something the devs should have fixed.

How are they not similar? Both of these strats are using glitches to gain an advantage. One is getting mats+tokens+gems+lots of gold, the other is getting a 7 star vader. Is 7 star vader even that great? 4 star vader is pretty awful on defense, I can't imagine him getting to an op level with 3 stars.

Um? Because people can legitimately complete galactic war easily every day.

No one can have a 7* vader currently and no one will get those extra bronzium packs.

What if the vader exploit was never brought to light? Everyone would be even more **** off.

Why would they get hundreds of free bronzium packages? I never really researched on what exactly what the vader glitch was but you do know that you dont get any ally points when one of your friends uses one of your character right

I can't remember; did that achievement grant ally points each time it was completed as well?

Yes I understand that people can legitimately get finish GW everyday, while people can't get Vader, but they are definitely similar in a way that they're both glitches used to gain an advantage. So if they start banning people for Vader, they should do the same for people who are force quitting on GW, and I'm guilty of doing it too. I dont think either should be bannable, but just dont think people should be banned due to a devs mistake.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    What people seem to forget is that banned accounts mean no money for CG/EA. As such they most likely won't perma-ban on the first offense. Anyone who's played any online game before knows that most exploits, except for the most extreme sort (i.e. modders), earn a suspension or some other lower level of punitive action. The ultimate goal of these companies is to stop the behavior while maintaining the possibility of keeping a paying player.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    What people seem to forget is that banned accounts mean no money for CG/EA. As such they most likely won't perma-ban on the first offense. Anyone who's played any online game before knows that most exploits, except for the most extreme sort (i.e. modders), earn a suspension or some other lower level of punitive action. The ultimate goal of these companies is to stop the behavior while maintaining the possibility of keeping a paying player.

I actually haven't been keeping track on this situation, can someone shed some light for me? Are people getting perma-banned, or a month ban?
  • Actually I apologize guys
    "We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts."

I missed this. I just saw comments all over the board saying vader people are getting banned yada yada. Seems like they're not banning. Good choice imo on the dev's part. The devs seem to make good decisions.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    They haven't said what the action they're taking is. Honestly I'd be surprised if they got into specifics. These companies usually keep it pretty vague.

"We've taken appropriate action against the account. However, we can not share the specifics of what we have done."

That's the average response for these kinds of things. This way they don't have to deal with angry players who feel not enough action was taken based on how heinous they perceived the offense to be.
  • Wow, reading the thread, I didnt realize they got crystals too.. their punishment should be just get rid of all the crystals they got from the glitch, and if they dont have those crystals they start from a negative amount. And also of course their vader goes back to 4-5 stars.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    As I see it, blaming EA for that behaiviour would be like blaming the goverment because some people evade taxes.
    Actually, governments are blamed and are deemed responsible for any tax loopholes they have. In fact, the whole justice system is based on tight laws and inherent loop holes that escape scrutiny while drafting said laws. Tax evasion illegally and Tax avoidance using legal loopholes are two different things. I bet even EA uses tax loopholes to avoid paying as much tax as possible, as do all major corporations.

I have no comments on the subject of this thread as such, but I do believe it's better to rely on and demand the devs to build a level playing field for us all rather than depend on players to play fair. In fact, the more people exploit glitches, the better. Brings more pressure on the devs to fix them faster, making the game more stable, fun and fair.

For the record, I didn't use the glitch. I didn't even know about it, lol.
    They haven't said what the action they're taking is. Honestly I'd be surprised if they got into specifics. These companies usually keep it pretty vague.

"We've taken appropriate action against the account. However, we can not share the specifics of what we have done."

That's the average response for these kinds of things. This way they don't have to deal with angry players who feel not enough action was taken based on how heinous they perceived the offense to be.

There actually might be some people who have done this on my server, and just haven't used their vader. Idk. I didnt realize how many gems and ally points you get from this glitch, but my opinion stays the same. I dont think it's perm-banworthy.
    As I see it, blaming EA for that behaiviour would be like blaming the goverment because some people evade taxes.
    Actually, governments are blamed and are deemed responsible for any tax loopholes they have. In fact, the whole justice system is based on tight laws and inherent loop holes that escape scrutiny while drafting said laws. Tax evasion illegally and Tax avoidance using legal loopholes are two different things. I bet even EA uses tax loopholes to avoid paying as much tax as possible, as do all major corporations.

I have no comments on the subject of this thread as such, but I do believe it's better to rely on and demand the devs to build a level playing field for us all rather than depend on players to play fair. In fact, the more people exploit glitches, the better. Brings more pressure on the devs to fix them faster, making the game more stable, fun and fair.

That was just an awful analogy either way.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I don't think direct punishment should be the way forward to be utterly honest... What they should do is REWARD those that did not take advantage of the exploit..

That way you are rewarding positive behavior rather than punishing negative behavior. If you encourage legitimate positive behavior, it works better in the long run than punishing negative behavior.

Even those that accidently stumbled upon the exploit. if they choose to report it the first time it happened and then stopped using the exploit, those people should also be rewarded...

Its those people who didn't report it and continued to use the exploit that should NOT be rewarded...

In the future when it happens again, they might think twice about taking advantage of an exploit... because they'll know they'll potentially lose out!

My 2 cents as it were.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

That was just an awful analogy either way.

Hahaha, the analogy was made by the person I was quoting, I was correcting his assumptions.
  • @Azraelrulez yeah, I was talking about his analogy. It was so off that I just ignored it.
  • @returnoftheewok Since you are stating the the Vader glitch (actually an exploit) is similar to the force closing "glitch" I guess you haven't played many or any other game with the exact same (or to be more precise, "similar") game model as SW:GoH. Examples are Heroes Charge, League of Angels, Wakfu Raiders and many more.

And in all of those, the force closing is part of the game. It's not considered a glitch. In some of the games it was considered to be a "feature". In some of them (e.g One Piece as base, forgot the name since it changed its name many time - one was Sailing World) this said "feature" was removed. Yes, removed - not fixed. So, what you are seeing as a bug/glitch/exploit is rather a feature. Of course, that applies only if the devs of SW:GoH intended it the same way as the other games' devs.

Just some background information. However, this does not mean it is officially the same for SW:GoH. Maybe the devs here will regard is as a bug/glitch. Imo it isn't (maybe cause I got used to it with all the games) since it also provides more gaming time and "challenge".
  • @Dino Interesting post. I haven't played other games similar to this. You could be right, but in my opinion I think it's a glitch. We'll see what the devs say.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    The faulty multiple achievements thing is not a glitch. It's called a bug.

This is a glitch.
    giphy.gif
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nonemo wrote: »
    The faulty multiple achievements thing is not a glitch. It's called a bug.

This is a glitch.
    giphy.gif

"Glitches/bugs are software errors that can cause drastic problems within the code, and typically go unnoticed or unsolved during the production of said software. These errors can be game caused or otherwise exploited until a developer/development team repairs them. Complex software is rarely bug-free or otherwise free from errors upon first release."

""Glitching" is the practice of players exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks that give them an unfair advantage in the game, over NPC's or other players."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch

200.gif
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Terminology has mutated. I feel old now.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Technology has mutated. I feel old now.
    B)
  • They would she gotten 3 shards 2k ally points and 75k every time they did it, so 30 + times is
    90 shards 60k ally points and 2.25 million credits
  • And that wouldn't even get him from 6 to 7 stars