Message from the CM

Replies

• Doga
    808 posts Member

Awsome, I couldn't agree more.
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm double posting this because unfortunately I do not know which location it is more relevant. Feel free to remove the one that is not in the correct location, and my apologies for the double post.

One request I have in regard to Mods. They are obviously here to stay, and the concept of them is nice, even if the current implementation isn't quite what was desired. Right now power level for characters uses 3 things - stars, level, and equipment. What is notably missing is any power level change for ability upgrades and much more importantly Mods. Ability upgrades wasn't that big a deal most of the time. It was an issue briefly before FIVES Omega ability was corrected, but most of the time you can assume that an arena team has maxed abilities. However Mods do much more to modify the power level than abilities do, and they are not reflected in the power level at all. This means that for every arena battle I have to inspect each character to see what mods they have. This is made worse by the fact that the back button currently refreshes your arena selection, which means you need to refresh over and over again until you get back to the same person.

This problem is only made worse with GW. Right now, my arena team, with a fair number of Mods (only ranks 1-2 with a few 5s sadly) which is what is supposed to determine my GW strength, can't not beat my 6th battle in the GW without losses. And this is with them still unscratched. This is because my opponent has all T5 Mods, and that doesn't show up in his power level, which makes him significantly stronger than I can take.

Another problem that was created is while you added credits to the GW, you can no longer complete it without having a deep bench, with all of them well equipped with mods. The money to level the mods comes from the GW, but the only way to get the money from GW is if you already have 12-25 characters with fully upgraded mods. Chicken and egg problem. At this point in time it is quite possible that I will be getting less credits (along with everything else that GW supplies) than I was getting before the change.

I understand and enjoy the fact that GW encourages a deep bench, leveling more characters keeps the game interesting for me. My bench is quite deep, with around 25 7 star characters and 30 or so level 70 or higher. However expecting us to be able to increase our entire bench enough to keep up with other peoples single arena team in terms of Mods is just not feasible in the short term, and with the money largely coming from here it only gets worse.
  • Mokkal
    21 posts Member
    Aniema wrote: »
    I wish the devs could trace my account. They would see a gamer who completes Galatic wars everyday. They would see someone who sits at rank 5-1 everyday. They would see someone makes progress no matter what. I equipped some 5* mods and leveled them up because I had the credits and energy saved days before the update came out. How? You met say. Because when the devs announce stuff I listen. When changes take place that affect me I get prepared. Looks like about 90% of the community doesn't do the same. I even got some 6* mods last night from raiding. This game is easy people. If your having a problem with Galatic wars it's not the gam that's broken it's your squad and gear that's broken. You hav your selves to blame.

If I can beat Galatic wars everyday and you can't? What does that say about the game? The game is fine. My squad and game experience is fine. Yours is not fine. You're all doing something wrong. I. Sorry but that's the brutal honest truth.

LOL.

You want an ice-cream dude ?
    I don't have any problem to complete all the game and finish on the top #5 Arena. So I have a brain and 2 good eyes to see that EA/CG are not really competent.

OHHHH !!! The Ice Cream Truck !!
  • I'm actually seeing more than a fee posts that are reading as if they will need compensation for their credits spent upgrading Mods if they get scaled down. That's silly. You'd still have top notch Mods, just because the numbers aren't the same doesn't mean the comparitive value of the mod decreased. And upgrading a mod cost much more now, so you've won in the credit department by upgrading early anyway...

These Mods need to be toned down, there isn't a logical reason to think otherwise and I've got a ridiculous set up that only gives the GW opponents a chance to hit in 3 or 4 nodes. And even then they are just hitting a overpowering STH. I'm level 80 and sit in top 10 so I'm not just some have-not complaining. Mods are too strong.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.
    @EA_Jesse Helps in what way exactly? I am not trying to be flippant, but I don't see how posting feedback on these forums has helped at all recently.

1) Galactic War - people have repeatedly asked that it take less time. It was fixed - for two weeks. Then quickly reverted back to taking much longer. Now, with the mod update, most people in my guild cannot even finish it and have resorted back to the "retreat and retry" methods just to get to node 9.

2) The Credit Crunch - similarly, the problem of credit shortage has been bemoaned for months on these forums. Mods require between 500k and 1 million+ to level up. 6 per hero. Multiplied by dozens of heroes. Now add in the additional credit cost of removing them to experiment/try new things. The promised GW boost is just over 100k - which in itself is a rather feeble and insignificant amount. Added to the fact that the total for GW is unobtainable by most due to the fact that it is now impossible for most to even complete (and it is the final stages that release the most rewards, of course). No, the credit crunch has not been helped at all. It has been made FAR worse.

3) Time - many have complained that this game simply eats up too much time on a daily basis for a mobile game. Having to "scout" arena teams for mods (since "power" is fairly meaningless now, given the fact that it rarely has refelected any true sense of power since the update), studying mods, etc. While the multi-sim button is great, it hardly makes up for all the time spent in other areas.

4) Diversity in Arena - mods, contrary to what some people think, will LESSEN diversity, not improve it. The high cost of leveling mods (and the added cost of moving them between characters) will mean most people will simply "mod up" their 5 with few mods (especially now that the drop rate has been reduced) and little credits left to spare. The only "diversity" will be in the pre-crafted whale rosters.

5) Balance Between Heroes - Most non-modded heroes are now fairly useless. Mods have made balance a thing of the past. Balance is now further away than it has been since I started playing in early December. A 7*, G9 unmodded anything gets one-shotted by a modded Rey.

6) Bug Fixes Players have simply asked that the heroes they play actually work as intended. They don't and some haven't for months. Teebo's stealth ability still doesn't work correctly (I played in a raid yesterday - it's still very much broken). Every new release, while fixing one or two bugs, introduces at least that many new ones. See "Rey now being hit through foresight" as an example. Honestly, I would not be surprised if EA didn't mandate signs in the Devs offices saying "Fixing bugs doesn't make money" - as that seems to the pretense, but I digress.

7) Guilds Where People Can Work/Play Together And Accomplish Fun Things! - instead we got guilds where the reward structure is competitive, a raid system that is now terribly broken, and even the highest rewards can't level up a single t5 mod. Oh - and guilds don't have to work together anymore. The recent update allows a single guild member to solo the highest level raid.

8) A Level Playing Field - See "Precrafting" and now "Mod Precrafting". I realize whales should have an advantage. Whether it's permanent or temporary is up to the game. But when certain players have an advantage due to when they happened to be online, their time zone or when they found about something, hardly contributes to fun.

In summary, I am forced to come to one of two conclusions about posting feedback on these forums:

1) It is fairly largely ignored, as the developers want to/are forced to take the game in certain directions, regardless of player enjoyment. The forum (and your requests for feedback) maintains the appearance of caring, but money dictates the opposite.

2) It is heard - but cannot be implemented due to the fact that the developers are simply inept and can't work out bugs or can't seem to get Aayla in the cantina node until 3 days after the initial update.

I honestly think that 2 is NOT the case - otherwise they wouldn't have jobs. As such, I am forced to conclude that most feedback is simply ignored...which honestly makes me feel as though I have wasted the last 30 minutes posting this. And wasted the last 6 months playing a game that was drastically changed into a different game 48 hours ago.

I was wroting my owen feedback. But this is mich more better and is whole true, like i think too.
  • SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse I think the biggest issues here (by far not the only one) is that this game is at its heart, a collection and grind game. By making mods need credits to level and cantina energy to farm you have killed that aspect of the game. Everyone needs to throw the toons they were working on out the window and dump every effort into getting mods on their current 7* g9+ toons. This has drastically changed the gaming experience for us, and left us wondering how we are supposed to move forward. I understand roll back is probably not an option at this point so I would suggest a few tweaks that will allow us to continue to work on our toons (which is absolutely out of the question currently):

1. Have mods level up through ability mats, level 2-6 needs green mats, 7-12 need blue mats, 13-14 purple and to go to 15 needs one or two omegas. This will re-introduce the grind and slow down the mod rates as well as give us a use for the hundreds of blue and green mats we currently have.
    2. Make a energy source unique to mods. I was frantically working on a rebel scoundrel team that I was very excited to try out. I have had to completely abandon this in order to scramble to keep some form of relevance in this game.
  • andrea wrote: »
    there's no hope to recover, make this game open source and give it to the community :-)

+1000
  • Jesse, I realized I posted a couple times today but I ran across something by pure chance that was troubling. I have the Star Wars feed on my Facebook page and a release note was made regarding Battlefront. Thousands of posts talking about how bad the game is and how bad EA is right now. I'm not taking a shot at EA or anybody but seeing similar comments for a different game makes me wonder who the hell is in charge at EA and what are they doing with Star wars games? I feel like the leader of game development for EA is a former VP from my company. LOL

Seeing this post reminded me of a comment somebody made yesterday. With all the stress in our lives and all the problems in the world, this game gave us a means to relax and take our minds off of things and play Star Wars. We almost don't even have that because of these changes and it doesn't sound like Battlefront is an option either.
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    I'm loving changes and people need to stop crying as no one is forcing you to play the game
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @EA_Jesse you started this thread nearly 12 hours ago; and 19 pages later as I type this; you have anger, resentment, frustration, distrust, and disgust across those pages. You also have real, insightful, feedback that details consistent problems and numerous approaches towards resolution and many sincere offers, mine included, to discuss in depth how to fix and correct the damage and then move forward. Some of us do this type work for a living and all of us, f2p and p2p alike, have an interest in seeing this right. Let us help.

That, and everything else that's been said, what do you and the rest of the product team have to say?

• Turukano
    170 posts Member

Seeing this post reminded me of a comment somebody made yesterday. With all the stress in our lives and all the problems in the world, this game gave us a means to relax and take our minds off of things and play Star Wars.

This is true. It's supposed to be fun!
  • Nruuk
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The deal should be:
    1. We (the players) are paying money to your company
    2. You (the company) deliver fun and entertainment

The reality was, that we've paid a lot of money, but we've got delivered frustration.

With this game Ea could have gotten a good amount of money for a very long time, instead they wanted a lot of money in a very short time. 10 bucks for a single piece of gear each, all close to useless now, instead we have to invest even more money to stay on the level we've achieved before. In addition all this chaos, silent nerves, not being even brave enough to communicate it.

Nobody wants to invest real money into a game whitout being sure, that this will benefit for a good amount of time. Me and many others have lost our trust in this company, I don't believe ea anymore, that my real money is or will be something worth anymore ingame.

ftp, here i come.
  • jtruts
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a message to you all that is directly from me, one that isn’t patch notes :)

Thanks,
    Jesse

Thanks for the post Jesse, it's appreciated, unfortunately I feel you are in a no win situation. I for one generally like all the changes (except the cantina energy share), and people in our guild seem to like them as well. We haven't had anyone leave over mods, in fact I'd say we have more activity than usual. Personally I for one hope whatever changes you make aren't very drastic or the people who enjoy the changes will start flaming the forums.... ;)

Anyway, enjoy your weekend!
  • They aren't talking because you people have been posting nonstop and bashing them and just giving Jesse a hard time.

A little advice don't shoot the messenger.

Im pretty sure everyone has expressed their opinions thoroughly so now you have 2 options wait or quit
  • With my level 1 foresight ability I can see this game shutting down by the end of the year, like so any other games before it - it's certainly heading that way...but I sincerely hope devs read/ take on board some of the great feedback from these 20+ pages as I for one do not want to see this game finished.
  • Just my 2 cents, this weeks updates have been an unmitigated disaster.

From a player standpoint, I feel much weaker even after spending all cantina energy and credits for since the update in order to mod 1.5 characters.

Galactic war is unwinnable for myself and many others.
    The Credit situation was made worse my magnitudes.
    I now have been pushed behind the power curve on multiple fronts: credits, shards(due to spending energy for mods- not to mention the nerf to mod droprate..., unmodded teams cannot reasonably compete with modded teams, my existing already paid for mods have been nerfed (potency for ex).

I am extremely frustrated, and the developer/CM response has been wholly inadequate. In fact the chewbacca shards gift is insulting on multiple levels for such a disasterous rollout. To be quite honest, even if they had been Vader shards I would have been unhappy.

This rollout was rushed, important feedback was obviously ignored for whatever reason, and even if there was a good reason from a Dev standpoint that the feedback was ignored, WE as a player base have still not been adequately informed of such a reason. The quote from the Dev update "once those players got past the “sticker shock” of the large numbers (so to speak), the feeling was that Mods really allowed for more variety in the game." really does not explain in any way how the Dev team felt this was good to move forward with, yet immediatly nerfed both drop rate and mod statistics, as well as mod costs.

I am left in a position of loving the game, yet feeling genuine disgust when I open it and find that every aspect of play is impacted for the worse since the updates.

Take this feedback as you will, however if things are not positively changed very quickly, as Han said "I have a bad feeling about this".
  • They aren't talking because you people have been posting nonstop and bashing them and just giving Jesse a hard time.

Im pretty sure everyone has expressed their opinions thoroughly so now you have 2 options wait or quit

..... Or keep posting, 'cause you're out of cantina energy... Lol

• I'm going to admit that I really like the idea of MODs for our characters. It gives variety and the next level stats for our heroes, just like the devs said in their update.

However, right now was not the best time for this. It was a great idea, implented at a wrong time in a wrong manner. It was premature!

It makes sense to go MODs when certain conditions are met, or in other words the end stage of the game.

1) We have reached THE maximum evel cap of the game - for example lvl. 100 (if the devs decide not to go above 100).

2) We have reached THE maximum gear level - let's say hypothetically Gear 15.

3) We have reached THE maximum ability level - for instance, ability lvl. 10

Once we have the certain amount players reaching this end stage, introducing MODs will add another playing field and compeition to the stagnant state of the game. Also, introducing all 7 tiers of MODs is bad for the devs and business! Everyone will be reaching for the highest tier and ignore the low tier MODs. Like the level cap, add restrictions on when higher tier MODs get released or become available. The gaps were too extreme in this game.

As much as I like and have started familiarize myself with MODs, I agree with the STGOH community as a whole that MODs release should be reconsidered. Now's not the time for MODs!
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    They aren't talking because you people have been posting nonstop and bashing them and just giving Jesse a hard time.

There is a point where this no longer applies. The messenger is a representative of the company and this slow boil has been going on for months. The messenger is also one of the few people who actually speak to us, but this is dialogue is so limited that it's disturbing.

Regardless, instead of putting out many small fires through transparency and dialogue, they have done things in a stealth manner, ignored our collective requests, and given off the vibe that they don't really care almost to an arrogant level. Too many promises of what is going to happen and that not actually happening. It shouldn't take months to address issues. It shouldn't take months to hear our pleas. Bottom line is: We shouldn't be taken for granted.

Frankly, I am tired of waiting. And judging by everyone else, they are tired of waiting as well. How many times have we been told to "wait and see"?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Turukano wrote: »

Seeing this post reminded me of a comment somebody made yesterday. With all the stress in our lives and all the problems in the world, this game gave us a means to relax and take our minds off of things and play Star Wars.

This is true. It's supposed to be fun!

I posted something about this... Stress is still strong in this one
  • Mods either need to be drastically reworked or severely reduced in power. Don't get me wrong, the idea isn't bad. It gives us the only real way to customize our characters outside of team setup and synergy. The problem is you can farm a few mods with full Cantina Energy, sink 200k credits into leveling them, and suddenly you just nearly doubled most of a character's vital stats.

If nothing else is done, mods should give smaller benefits. I would say reduce them across the board by AT LEAST 50% and go from there. Realistically though, I think they need to be reduced even more. Maybe 80 or 90%. They make the rest of the game pointless. Why waste my time farming a characters rank up to 7*, level 80, and gear rank 8+, all of which literally takes months for some characters, when I can simply farm mods and them out them which takes 2 days? The mods are significantly easier to get and have a MUCH bigger impact than anything else in the game.
  • Trust me I know some of the reasons I quit before but my whole thing is we are not a community when it comes to the real issues of the game and everyone just posts a bunch of nonsense so how can we really get things fixed like that when they don't even know what to believe.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    The only issue is that Mod changed everything, benefiting very few and hurting so many. In my sever only the top 12 arena players actually installed their toons with only A class mods, significantly boosting the character's health and damage, one single character's health+protection can be above 100,000, let alone the damage.

It was last week when I could still squeeze to top 5 with some effort, now it is mission impossible. Besides, the GW is now filled with teams with maxed mods which is virtually undefeatable. I have been able to completed GW for more than 100 times until today.

The mod changed everything, from the arena to the GW, and we would rather spend energy on the mod challenge than the cantina. Worst of all, the introduction of mods had caused destructive competition among players. Because mods are so mighty, no player wants to be left behind.
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Jesse,

In all seriousness and without hyperbole, this last set of updates has been a gigantic mess. The Mods themselves may turn out to be workable in the long run. I don't mind giving some time to work out the kinks. However, I think it's fair to point out, for the good of the game, that the implementation of these changes has been mishandled and this needs to be addressed.

The first reaction to the big update was negative once people saw just how drastically Mods could change the game. Some folks overreacted a bit, sure, but I think that's somewhat understandable since one of your own even mentioned initial "sticker shock" upon testing the Mods. It was still fixable, though.

Then, unfortunately, you guys doubled down. You dropped the Mod drop rate and didn't respond at all to repeated concerns about using cantina energy and lack of player balancing. I don't expect you to give us all the details, but when the immediate response to the player outcry was to make things even harder on everyone, that's when things really took an ugly turn. And then there is the repeated badgering about the TOS on the site, which comes across poorly, since it looks like you won't respond to requests but are quick to punish fairly minor infractions on the forum. That should not be your priority right now.

I'm not going to threaten anyone or use harsh words, but I seldom post here at all and I logged in tonight to say this: the changes you have implemented since introducing Mods have been, almost completely, a step backward. Making drops less frequent is the wrong move. Nerfing toons (without saying you have) is a horrible idea right now. Refusing to budge on the concerns with Galactic War and not even commenting much other than to say, effectively, "this is how it's going to be" is a bad idea. All of these things at once have really upset your player base.

For the good of the game, perhaps even its long term survival, you as a team MUST address these concerns directly, honestly, and without defensiveness. I understand that you guys have been called out here, and that's no fun. But please respond with kind words and show understanding to the players (consumers of this product.) It really will help everyone in the long run. It's still not too late to fix this. But more missteps carry a large risk of irreparable harm. And I don't think anyone really wants that. This is a good game with great potential. Let's work together to make it better.

Well said, sir.

• masters
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Given the way this all went down, you have to expect rage from the community. I think that we have kept our anger tamped down quite well.

It took me some time to really understand the mechanics of acquisition and how all these tier 5 mods were floating around. To start my day yesterday morning and discovering that the drop rate of the mods was going to be curtailed made me sick to my stomach. Realize this is mod pre-craft that currently is far worse the gear pre-craft. I also knew that my circumstances would prevent me from exploiting this 100% drop before the next update. How disillusioning that was.

I was able to unlock the mod challenges and access tier 5 of the health mods. Then the update came. I did tier 5 sim post update and received a tier 3 mod. What??? That was not part of the heads up post regarding the mod II update.

The cost to upgrade the mods is too much.

Cantina energy refresh rate should be doubled with bonus energy like the regular energy.

Gear should be the main driver, while mods tweak the abilities. A mod should not give more than 10-15% increase in any one stat.

Galactic war takes far too long!
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse It is human nature to resist change. I feel that is why people respond so negatively to the work you and your team has done this far. I personally appreciate a game that does not remain stagnant and I will continue to play SWGOH. I have never seen a development team more involved with the game community, and I commend you for it. Keep up the good work!
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wouldn't just disallowing stacking set bonuses help a lot? Triple health (or any other) set bonuses just are way too OP and double the GW protection problem (enemy gets full bar every node and we don't). Then you also wouldn't have felt the need to stealth nerf our p1 TM teams for raids.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Davius wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse It is human nature to resist change. I feel that is why people respond so negatively to the work you and your team has done this far. I personally appreciate a game that does not remain stagnant and I will continue to play SWGOH. I have never seen a development team more involved with the game community, and I commend you for it. Keep up the good work!

Oh, this must be sarcasm or baiting....I almost took the bait nomnomnom.....
  • OK I understand that most everyone does not like the update then we need to make it clear if its not fixed more people will quit and let that be that.

20 something pages of how people think the game needs to be is not helpful in any way
  • And if we are not satisfied by their decision then you'll just have to say oh well and keep our word a quit.

I heard some people got money back on android so maybe you can too because I do understand that's why there is so much fuss because of the big spenders but what can you do
This discussion has been closed.