Is Dark Side progression optional?

Hi guys, are there any gear that's locked to DS quests, or can I get them all on the light side?

I have decent LS/DS teams actually but don't have a DS healer, but if gear progression is locked until I clear DS, i'll guess i'll have to farm up a Daka. Level 35 atm on the new server..

Replies

• Options
    That entirely depends on which heroes you are using.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think so at your level. If you want any character shards from DS well.... I guess you don't have a DS team yet?
  • Options
    I dont think there is any gear locked in the ds missions. You can get all the gear at the ls as well.
  • Options
    I'm running kylo/plasma/greedo/cad bane/Talia right for DS right now. No proper tank or heals...

Hardmode shards I have my hands full on GS and Dooku so I'm not looking to progress much on hardmode.

Ok if there's minimal gear lock that'll be great, cheers~
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Dont join darkside!
    I know its an easier way, but you should remain ONLY in light side :wink:
  • Options
    One of Kylo's pieces can only be obtained from the last DS mission in stage 6. There are probably more characters that need it as well.
  • Options
    One of Kylo's pieces can only be obtained from the last DS mission in stage 6. There are probably more characters that need it as well.

What piece? I have maxed gear except for the higher than 60 ones.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Had a bunch of items I needed from the dark side, but just unlocked them as necessary. Still haven't completed dark side as it's not necessary yet.
  • Options

It requires Lv 64. There are only 4 missions that drop it and they are all dark side stage 6-8
  • Options
    FWIW I've finished all the dark side missions essentially without a healer. I mean I have Talia...

I have not 3 starred all of them but you don't need to. If I want to 3 star I would wait until I have an ally with Daka available or bother to finally gear/level up Boba so he stops dying all the time.

I almost always was able to get Phasma as a loaner and then would run 7* Sid/6* Poggle/4* lvl 50 Boba / 4* lvl 57 Dooku / 4 star lvl 50 Assaj or Talia. So not exactly a banner team. Daka as a loaner was usually nice but rarely necessary.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    FWIW I've finished all the dark side missions essentially without a healer. I mean I have Talia...

I have not 3 starred all of them but you don't need to. If I want to 3 star I would wait until I have an ally with Daka available or bother to finally gear/level up Boba so he stops dying all the time.

I almost always was able to get Phasma as a loaner and then would run 7* Sid/6* Poggle/4* lvl 50 Boba / 4* lvl 57 Dooku / 4 star lvl 50 Assaj or Talia. So not exactly a banner team. Daka as a loaner was usually nice but rarely necessary.

I've 3*d them without a healer as well. Sid,Dooku,vader,boba,kylo and I always take phasma as an ally. The slow is amazing.
  • Options

It requires Lv 64. There are only 4 missions that drop it and they are all dark side stage 6-8

Oh, that piece that no one can use as of now? And why does the OP at lvl 35 need something I can't use at lvl 60?

I mean, guys, are we trying to help or confuse people?