My Thoughts on MODs

I'm going to admit that I really like the idea of MODs for our characters. It gives variety and the next level stats for our heroes, just like the devs said in their update.

However, right now was not the best time for this. It was a great idea, implented at a wrong time in a wrong manner. It was premature!

It makes sense to go MODs when certain conditions are met, or in other words the end stage of the game.

1) We have reached THE maximum evel cap of the game - for example lvl. 100 (if the devs decide not to go above 100).

2) We have reached THE maximum gear level - let's say hypothetically Gear 15.

3) We have reached THE maximum ability level - for instance, ability lvl. 10

Once we have the certain amount players reaching this end stage, introducing MODs will add another playing field and compeition to the stagnant state of the game. Also, introducing all 7 tiers of MODs is bad for the devs and business! Everyone will be reaching for the highest tier and ignore the low tier MODs. Like the level cap, add restrictions on when higher tier MODs get released or become available. The gaps were too extreme in this game.

As much as I like and have started familiarize myself with MODs, I agree with the STGOH community as a whole that MODs release should be reconsidered. Now's not the time for MODs!

Replies

• I posted on the wrong the category, meant for the "General" section. Can a Mod move it for me please? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Thank you!