First time in 8 months I didn't grab the game when I woke up

warmonkey
1314 posts Member
This is NOT a constructive post. Just a sad one. Been playing EVERY day since Dec. Haven't missed arena in all that time, had to scramble more than a few times to find time to do it. 99% GW completions, but yesterday I couldn't get past 9 with my entire roster.

Normally I wake up and start playing. Not this morning though. I just can't see a reason anymore beyond doing mod battles. Gear grind and credits to equip them aren't gonna make my guys any stronger now. No point to farm toons if I can't upgrade them since all credits now go to mods. No point to do GW if it's not fun at all and you don't get enough credits to actually do anything since I can't finish it now. Could do challenges, but why? For more gear I no longer need, no thanks.

Tl;dr Sigh

Replies

• So what did you grab when you woke up? Wood?
  • So what did you grab when you woke up? Wood?

LOL ROFL
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    So what did you grab when you woke up? Wood?

Seriously, are you always like that? :/
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Same here. It was a nice run.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Same as you, had been playing for half a year.
    Haven't done a single GW or arena battle for 2 days. Maybe it's for the best.
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Can't understand you guys, I could'nt even sleep those past 2 days, so much think to optimise, to theorycraft, so much new challenge and possibility.

And the GW has never be this easy, full auto since start to end. Yay.
  • Yes, at last the wood has something to do..
  • Dayma wrote: »
    Can't understand you guys, I could'nt even sleep those past 2 days, so much think to optimise, to theorycraft, so much new challenge and possibility.

Care to share your loadout and the opponents you've been facing?

Well your a whale who was able to buy all the mods hand upgrade them those first two days. We're just average F2P players
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    This is NOT a constructive post. Just a sad one. Been playing EVERY day since Dec. Haven't missed arena in all that time, had to scramble more than a few times to find time to do it. 99% GW completions, but yesterday I couldn't get past 9 with my entire roster.

Normally I wake up and start playing. Not this morning though. I just can't see a reason anymore beyond doing mod battles. Gear grind and credits to equip them aren't gonna make my guys any stronger now. No point to farm toons if I can't upgrade them since all credits now go to mods. No point to do GW if it's not fun at all and you don't get enough credits to actually do anything since I can't finish it now. Could do challenges, but why? For more gear I no longer need, no thanks.

Tl;dr Sigh

Well put. I'm starting to play the marvel game and of course Pokemon go now
  • Boxandthefuzz
    362 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    warmonkey wrote: »

Tl;dr Sigh

I uninstalled the game this morning. I had hoped they would resolve some of these issues but @EA_Jesse post last night was the last straw. These guys have their heads so far up their **** they won't be able hear our pleas for sometime. They're more worried about their hurt feelings than making PAYING customers happy.

I'll come back if this garbage is switched back to how it was 3 days ago. But that's the only way.

Now it's time to sit back and watch this thing burn.
  • I uninstalled the game this morning. I had hoped they would resolve some of these issues but @EA_Jesse post last night was the last straw. These guys have their heads so far up their **** they won't be able hear our pleas for sometime. They're more worried about their hurt feelings than making PAYING customers happy.

I'll come back if this garbage is switched back to how it was 3 days ago. But that's the only way.

Now it's time to sit back and watch this thing burn.

This is exactly where I am as well.
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Almost full 5 dot Health mod on my Arena Team. As for ennemies, I didn't even checked but after 4 full GW and being top 5 Arena wit 40k score since months I guess I have the same GW as evryone else.
    EUisBetter wrote: »
    Well your a whale who was able to buy all the mods hand upgrade them those first two days. We're just average F2P players
    Am i ? Since the update was announced I just saved up 5M credit (scoundrel event + GW + Raid) and I had around 350 cantina energy on the release, did until 3G in Mods story then full 5 dot health mode until my Arena team was finished. Basically recharged 3 times on that day and then 3 times right after the game reset at midnight and that's it. So less than 2k Crystals, just anticipation and used my head a bit.
    Tell me where does the whale fit in that and where does that "you bought all the mods" you know the mods you can buy are trashy 3 dot mods or worse ?
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Dayma wrote: »
    Almost full 5 dot Health mod on my Arena Team. As for ennemies, I didn't even checked but after 4 full GW and being top 5 Arena wit 40k score since months I guess I have the same GW as evryone else.
    EUisBetter wrote: »
    Am i ? Since the update was announced I just saved up 5M credit (scoundrel event + GW + Raid) and I had around 350 cantina energy on the release, did until 3G in Mods story then full 5 dot health mode until my Arena team was finished. Basically recharged 3 times on that day and then 3 times right after the game reset at midnight and that's it. So less than 2k Crystals, just anticipation and used my head a bit.
    Tell me where does the whale fit in that and where does that "you bought all the mods" you know the mods you can buy are trashy 3 dot mods or worse ?

You planned ahead like I did, but you did it better. I am not in a bad place right now cause of that. Have been first or second in arena for like 4 months or more, now I get 4th.
    But here is the problem; the vast majority of people didn't prepare perfectly and now with the "fixes" that were totally contrary to what people's concerns were have now put them in a place where there is no way for them to catch up.

So now the game is extremely boring to play (I just auto my match) or extremely frustrating and rage inducing (playing vs the top 3 in my arena that prepared way better than I did) Wouldn't have a problem with that at all since they are great players who prepared for this.
    But with credits now, low mod drop rate, cantina energy being useless for anything besides mod farming and those stupid dailies of 3 cantina battles, and the fact that I can take five 1 star toons with mods and destroy a team of unmodded 7 star fully geared toons that took months to build I think we have a right to be mad
  • Same thing happened to me. I opened the game...played a bit and realized I wasn't having fun anymore...

I was just one gear piece away from maxing out my arena team. It was fun. I felt progress. I was hitting top 10 daily in arena. I'm thinking about what other toons i'll unlock once my arena team is done...maybe i'll finish my droids and get them to gear X? Get Anakin maybe?

Then all of a sudden i'm not almost done. I'm starring at another months long grind to make my arena team competitive again...of having to unlock tons of characters (and max them) just to get mods for toons I *do* want.

In the previous patch that added raids and unobtainium, the devs added another step in the climb. But the increase was gradual...even for whales. You didn't see gear XI QGJs on the first day of release. Now in two day 5 dot maxed teams are everywhere! Now there's a whole new freakin' mountain to climb.

If you work for months of trying to be competitive and your work is undermined like this you lose your love for the game.

I did. I un-installed. I'm out.

I'm unfortunately not the only one either.

I *was* having fun.

How many sets did you go for? Just 1?

• Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Sets ? I did gear in 5 health mode all my arena team, then I went on story MODS again to unlock other challenges. So enouth to have 5 full sets of 5 dots health mods.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Sets ? I did gear in 5 health mode all my arena team, then I went on story MODS again to unlock other challenges. So enouth to have 5 full sets of 5 dots health mods.

And you got the %damage increase ones? People that found those are unbeatable now. I found the flat rate increase ones which can't come close to the % ones.
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    A few yes for the CROSS shape one, but the TRIANGLE MODS I always got ****.
  • Amped
    3 posts Member
    same here, not interested to spend the hours I spent playing anymore. Lost it's fun.
    I too spent all my credits gearing up an arena team, and yeah, they can beat others, and complete GW but it's just not fun.

there's two kinds of people, the ones that like RPGs, game mechanics and balance.
    Then there's the ones whose only goal is to Win at a game.

I see some people enjoying the game now because they can mod it and make bad toons good and use them and they can auto gw and finally broke into their desired arena rank.

Coming from MMORPGs I'm used to balance, and when there's not balance the devs try to fix it, because balance is the goal.

I don't understand people saying "oh finally I can use xxxx because mods doubled the speed"
    That's not how this should work. You're not playing with character rooster anymore, planning the best synergy, trying to fit in a 5 character team some strongs that can cover the cons.
    We were supposed to think "i'd like to use IG86 but he has low health, how can I do it"
    Now we just think "hey, Darth Vader skin looks nice, let me just put 6 mods on him and done"

Slow/Huge HP pool characters are supposed to be slow and hit weak.
    Low HP characters are supposed to be fast and hit strong.
    Tanks are supposed to take a beating.

As an example, at this moment you have characters like Rey with such a speed that they can take 2 turns while others take 1. And with more HP than a TANK.

Game had its flaws, this big update brought a lot of improvements. but the lost of balance destroyed it for me.
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member

undercover EA employee doing damage control or troll?
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    @Amped I created a unique arena team that has brought me to the top. I have rey obviously so I want to protect her so I use elder so you have to attack him first or he'll revive her. Then I use daka so hopefully she can resurrect elder when he dies. I have han for obvious reasons and qgj. Every toon was carefully selected to work together.
    That was my strategy and it worked and was fun and took 5 months to actually pull off since elder was a slow farm when he had only one place to grind for before.

One modded vader now destroys all that sigh
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Pierce wrote: »
    Just hard cold truth, sorry to say.
    Amped wrote: »
    As an example, at this moment you have characters like Rey with such a speed that they can take 2 turns while others take 1. And with more HP than a TANK.
    It would help to stop comparing a full mod character to a non MODS Tank.
    Rey with MODS has 3 times less Health and Protection than a MOD Tank.

And yes that update has made useless toon fun to play. But i do agree the numbers are WAY too Huge anyways.
  • Amped
    3 posts Member
    Pierce wrote: »
    Just hard cold truth, sorry to say.
    Amped wrote: »
    It would help to stop comparing a full mod character to a non MODS Tank.
    Rey with MODS has 3 times less Health and Protection than a MOD Tank.

And yes that update has made useless toon fun to play. But i do agree the numbers are WAY too Huge anyways.

I'm not comparing it to non modded

I'm comparing a modded REY health vs Tank modded whatever except HP.
    In My Opinion no toon should ever have more HP than a tank. what's wrong here is the % or raw values of updates.
    Sure, Rey is a glass cannon, mod her and get her 10% more HP or Defense or whatever.
    Don't add 100k raw protection