IG-88 at level 70

2Next

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    The impression I get is that people have been looking at the HP inceeases and think a DPS meta will decrease.

I disagree.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and ignore any speculation. No one really knows anything yet.

That wouldn't be wise. I'm FTP and I have enough crystals saved up and resources to be able to level/gear up a primary set of 5 reasonably fast though I'm sure I'll lag behind a few spenders. I have several options but bringing up even a single toon that will become ineffective at 70 will be such a huge waste of resources it'll take a long time to recover if I'm even able.

I've done some of the legwork myself and think I'm going to be able to make something workable but if there is something I missed this is one of two places I can go to see if people have found something I've missed.

IG-88 is a huge risk/reward toon. I'm certain that his HP pool relative to damage (as well as Poe's) will make both less effective at 70. However I believe AOE toons will be more effective at 70 for the same reason that low HP cannons will lose their effectiveness.

While Sid and Poe are still the primary focus of my arena builds and will remain at 70 the rest of the arena team have question marks.

But if people just want to wait until 70 goes live then more power to them. It certainly is possible that the game developers will tweek all the toons to prevent what I think will happen from looking at the data. I just doubt they'll do anything drastic until it becomes obvious what the problems are to everyone.

Suit yourself. But don't get upset if you build up a toon only for CG to release it's immediate replacement, or a new strategy becomes viable rendering your toon useless.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    So I read somewhere that IG-88 falls off relative to other characters when level cap is increased to 70. I spent a little bit of time looking at him and I'm not clear why. His health is still awful but on par with Maul who's a similar major AOE force.

When the level cap goes up he instantly gets two pieces of gear that will give him damage and crit damage boosts. I think he speed is still sufficient, particularly with a Poggle speed boost. He doesn't need to get out of round 1 to be able to influence a battle. He just needs his one attack.

So am I missing something or is there a reason why he will lose power relative to others? Is it simply because so many other characters will be getting a damage boost that ANY low health chars are persona non grata?

Dude I banked on IG88 for the past month and got him to 7*. Paired with Poe/Sid or Poogle he is unreal powerful in arena. It's nothing to hit 6k+ on an AOE with IG88. I've hit up to 9k on squishies. He steamrolls teams in the right synergy.
  • Yep, my droid team with poe and geo solider is pretty **** good
  • Yeah I think slower toons are being severly weakened. High soeed toons make or break any high level game. Nothing beats having the 4-5 turns for you alone, and the second turn priority as well.

Only DODGE can bring balance to The Force.

That's why people use Geonosian so much. He goes first and call a slow toon. The current meta bores me quite a bit - just 6 chars are indispensable in very high tiers: the high speed ones.
  • I think he's great and I am building him as we speak. He surely isn't a waste of time though and I couldn't imagine he'll be useless any time soon....
  • i have him at level 64 now. His HP just reached 8K. Seems more durable now even in GW. he has never dodged any attacks before.