Well got my Squad Arena merged, what a kick in the teeth

Before that I was on the cusp of finishing in the top 50. Now I have to do all my fights to stay in the top 200 (I never lose a fight barring a Dooku/Daka double stun out the gate plus triple dodges from the AI). Right at a time when the level cap is going to be raised and I am worried about not keeping pace so soon after I hit a nice groove. The 25 fewer crystals a day is pretty demoralizing.

It is easy to say I am not a big fan of the PVP system. Pick a fight and swap ranks is a horrible way of determining relative strength or strategy, but rather a measure of who is active from 5-6 or spends crystals to rank. I rarely lose, but without paying crystals I can be attacked many more times than I can fight. If we are going to keep the swap system I would like the opportunity for revenge rounds where I can play a rematch against someone who took my rank to regain my previous position. I am pretty sure they don't necessarily have better teams, but that the AI is a dud. That plus I play with Finn who when played by the AI is a downright dud (I have never chosen Hold the Line except as a joke, it is worse than a wasted turn). Yeah why kill that last Darth Vader right before his activation when I could just twiddle my thumbs.

Since Squad Arena fight generally go to the active player, and as far as I know there is no limit to the number of times I can be attacked, there is no action I can take to prevent myself from slipping in rank no matter what I do.

Replies

• Options
    Sorry, but I disagree if the dev's are willing to put a system in place for players to find loop holes to gain rewards then I'm all for it. I'm not sure if it's laziness on the dev's part for not creating a better PVP system. Every multiplayer game I play has a PVP system based on some kind of point advancement and your opponent is based on your teams stats.
  • Options
    The devs have stated in previous threads that they've never merged arena servers
  • Options
    What do you disagree with? My basic assertion (poorly written perhaps) is that on an active enough server it is impossible to maintain rank without spending crystals. I was moved to a more active server.

You have five attacks so can presumably climb ~100 ranks a day. Let's say that even on defense you win 80% of the time (which would be truly astounding since I win 90% of my matches on attack). If you are attacked 25 times even at an 80% defensive win rate and 100% offensive win rate you are right back where you started the day before. If you are attacked 30 times at the same win rate you literally cannot maintain rank without spending crystals.

BTW if your current Squad is what is on your sig line you would get eaten up on my server.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    You weren't moved, the servers weren't merged, and if you're getting attacked a lot, stop being such a pretty target.
  • Options

BTW if your current Squad is what is on your sig line you would get eaten up on my server.

But he's NOT on your server. My server has lvl 60's with purple gear so he would lose on my server too. However, your squad's strength is relative to your server.

In response to your comment about the swapping system, I do agree it needs a revamp
  • Options
    People know your team switch things up now and again.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Literally every team on my server between 50-200 consists of five of a pool of about ten different toons. No variety ever. There is one team in the top 200 with HK another with Ben as the lead all the others are Phasma, Sid, Barris or Luminara. They are all basically clones.

Not consolidating servers is silly. Unless they never expect people to drop out. If they never consolidated everyone who is still active would eventually move to the top, not drop 150 ranks overnight.

Although I might try swapping out my leader. Poe to Sid (keeping both in), might as well take out Finn for Luminara and make a clone of all the other teams then. Then with a Sid leader with the silly Mol Eliza name I can't change no one will know who I am.
  • Options
    It's all the SAME servers people, same servers.
  • Options
    Before that I was on the cusp of finishing in the top 50. Now I have to do all my fights to stay in the top 200 (I never lose a fight barring a Dooku/Daka double stun out the gate plus triple dodges from the AI). Right at a time when the level cap is going to be raised and I am worried about not keeping pace so soon after I hit a nice groove. The 25 fewer crystals a day is pretty demoralizing.

If 25 less crystals demoralized you, what motivates you?
  • Options
    With so few character your going to have clone teams. Hope the New PVP system shanks things up so you need to use different characters to win prizes. For example, maybe healers gets a negative bonus for that event or something like that.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    People who were exploiting vader dropped considerably....I'd say 20 of the top 50 fell out on my server. They got replaced by other folk who weren't previously able to crack the top ranks.

Currently looking at 7 different leaders in top 20 (not 200) with 7 of those plasma, 4 Sid.
    On the plus side, sounds easier to build a team that can beat everyone on your server. ;)
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    For me it changes the whole daily flow. Before I would do one cantina refill and two regulars. Since I am collecting shards for only one character (Resistance Trooper) at 72 energy a day, that gives me ~six purple mats a day (which for some characters I need 50 for one upgrade!!!!). Now that I can only afford one regular refill a day I literally halve my purple mat gains. Now that my A and B teams all need 20-50 purple mats an item it is demoralizing, especially when I imagine a level cap raise where more of those slots open up.

Frankly the drop rates are horrible and losing half my chances at those drops is sad.

@Reddplague, did they announce a new PVP system with any details?

• Options

This.

This is what I don't understand. People expect to move up using thier 5 free fights a day. The same 5 fights that everyone uses. You take your free crystals from PvP to spend on whatever, and then complain about the PvP system how you can't move up.

You get crystals from PvP, how about useing them for PvP. I've been in top 5 in my bracket since a couple days I start ed playing. You know why? Because I spent crystals to refresh and was doing 10-15 fights a day. When you do more fights then others around you, you will move past them.

I know what your going to say. Useing 50 crystals to get 25 is losing 25 crystals, but what about arena tokens? Once you break into top 10 its actually easy to stay there. Thanks to the refreshes I now get 400-500 crystals a day, for free. You just have to be willing to use them free crystals to move up.

News flash. 95% of people that stay in the top 10 daily, used crystals on refreshes to get there
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    You have five attacks so can presumably climb ~100 ranks a day.

This actually gets smaller as you go up the ranks... top 100, you can only attack around 10 ranks higher than you.. Once you are in the top 10, you can only attack the next three places unless you are top 2 which you can attack the couple people around the same ranks as you...

Usually top 10 you will drop as much as 50 ranks in one day before you do your climb... You'll generally be able to regain your rank without spending any crystals if you time your climb right and you are familiar to other people in your ladder. They often won't attack you cause if they're smart they'll know its not good for both of you swapping the same positions over the course of your limited number of attacks

However if some of those known climbers before the rewards attack you then in all likelihood you will end up using crystals to regain your rank... it kinda all depends on luck...

The only people in my ladder as far as I am concerned who spend crystals daily on the rank climb is the two people fighting over top spot.. Everyone else is smart enough to figure out settling for the spots 10 to 4 actually nets more crystals than the top 3 which are constantly interchanging in the last 10 minutes before the rewards.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »

This.

This is what I don't understand. People expect to move up using thier 5 free fights a day. The same 5 fights that everyone uses. You take your free crystals from PvP to spend on whatever, and then complain about the PvP system how you can't move up.

You get crystals from PvP, how about useing them for PvP. I've been in top 5 in my bracket since a couple days I start ed playing. You know why? Because I spent crystals to refresh and was doing 10-15 fights a day. When you do more fights then others around you, you will move past them.

I know what your going to say. Useing 50 crystals to get 25 is losing 25 crystals, but what about arena tokens? Once you break into top 10 its actually easy to stay there. Thanks to the refreshes I now get 400-500 crystals a day, for free. You just have to be willing to use them free crystals to move up.

News flash. 95% of people that stay in the top 10 daily, used crystals on refreshes to get there

This lol. With only 5 attacks a day and the possibility to be attacked by triple that amount, it's hard to move up and stay up without spending crystals, you get what you put in, if you invest more, you'll climb more. If your f2p you have to use your resources efficiently if you hope to compete.
  • Options
    Spend gems. Gem rewards increase dramatically.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    I find Arena to be a joke but I also don't care much about placement as long as I can be in the top 500 each day to get my 600 tokens and I always am, reaching a new personal high this morning of 76 or 86 but now being down to 128 or so. I fin that not bad for a completely free built team, one that I made a few mistakes on building in the early days.

I don't see a big deal with not getting as many crystals as my view is one over the long haul of collecting characters rather than trying to get instant results.

I agree that the way spots are swapped is a bit silly given the mode is targeted towards favouring the person who picked the battle which makes it clearly designed for people to just spend crystals to try and get back their placement. I can see how this would be frustrating for those who put importance in the mode/their ranking (did I miss where you could get real life rewards for doing well in the mode?) and who want to use their crystals elsewhere but again, for me it doesn't matter.

It's pretty sad that this mode is the appeal to so many. Shows how little substance three is to the app.
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    I find Arena to be a joke but I also don't care much about placement as long as I can be in the top 500 each day to get my 600 tokens and I always am, reaching a new personal high this morning of 76 or 86 but now being down to 128 or so. I fin that not bad for a completely free built team, one that I made a few mistakes on building in the early days.

I don't see a big deal with not getting as many crystals as my view is one over the long haul of collecting characters rather than trying to get instant results.

I agree that the way spots are swapped is a bit silly given the mode is targeted towards favouring the person who picked the battle which makes it clearly designed for people to just spend crystals to try and get back their placement. I can see how this would be frustrating for those who put importance in the mode/their ranking (did I miss where you could get real life rewards for doing well in the mode?) and who want to use their crystals elsewhere but again, for me it doesn't matter.

It's pretty sad that this mode is the appeal to so many. Shows how little substance three is to the app.

Well this first game I have played with this type of system and I like it. I don't have to spend every hour on this game to try to compete for a top 500 spot, or spend $100 a day just trying to move in top 100.

I don't have 10+ hours to devote to a mobile game. I love the fact log in first thing in the morning to work on dailies. Log back in 4 hours later to fun sg dailies except for PvP. Log in a couple hours later just to use up stamina, the log in about 6 hours after for my PvP jump and wait for rewards, then log in just before bed to use stamina and done. I spend at most 3 hours playing this game a day and that is actually perfect for me at this point in my life. I understand some want to spend 6+ hours on a game a day as I used to do that myself, but I can't now so this is actually perfect for me.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Probably every person in the top 20 spend 50 crystals or more. Its worth it at that point
  • Options

This.

My proposed sokution is to allow only 1 or max 2 LOST FIGHTS PER DAY. If you win all the fights non-stop you could go from #5000 to #1 in one row. This way, if you are so macho and belong up the chain, prove it. And if you don't...well, refresh at your own risk. Refresh should go up to 100 or 200.

But having 10 fight with just 50 Cr is maybe a bit too much, if you are losing 6-7 along the way and still advancing your way up thebreward chain.

Another measure is to AVOID the "you are already in battle". It prevents you from playing. It can be extremely easily solved by NOT LOCKING YOU (after all, you still haven't lost) and engaging in battle with your pick. Then...

If you win, you take the higher spot, the one you beat takes either your previous spot (if you had won vs your challenger) or goes back to the spot of your challenger. If tou lose vs who you callenged, you either keep you spot, or climb back the ladder as your place is now by the person that challenged you. In sum, allow attack when you are challenged. Of course, no too people can attach the same person at the same time. In that case system operates as it ooerates no "Rnemy already engaged in battle"...no prob. This would ALSO HAVE BENEFIT, as in the top places, people reserve their spots by fighting a lower team and letting the timer expire close to 6 Et. This solves it too
  • Options

This.

My proposed sokution is to allow only 1 or max 2 LOST FIGHTS PER DAY. If you win all the fights non-stop you could go from #5000 to #1 in one row. This way, if you are so macho and belong up the chain, prove it. And if you don't...well, refresh at your own risk. Refresh should go up to 100 or 200.

But having 10 fight with just 50 Cr is maybe a bit too much, if you are losing 6-7 along the way and still advancing your way up thebreward chain.

Another measure is to AVOID the "you are already in battle". It prevents you from playing. It can be extremely easily solved by NOT LOCKING YOU (after all, you still haven't lost) and engaging in battle with your pick. Then...

If you win, you take the higher spot, the one you beat takes either your previous spot (if you had won vs your challenger) or goes back to the spot of your challenger. If tou lose vs who you callenged, you either keep you spot, or climb back the ladder as your place is now by the person that challenged you. In sum, allow attack when you are challenged. Of course, no too people can attach the same person at the same time. In that case system operates as it ooerates no "Rnemy already engaged in battle"...no prob. This would ALSO HAVE BENEFIT, as in the top places, people reserve their spots by fighting a lower team and letting the timer expire close to 6 Et. This solves it too

By this example at 5 min till rewards 4th, 3rd, and 2nd would all be attacking 1st, so if all 3 win, who gets 1st? That really wouldn't work. Then lets say 5th, 6th, and 7th all attack 2nd and all them win. Who gets 2nd, and where do you stick who was in 1st to begin with?

As far as the 1st place attacking 4th spot to keep his spot, I see nothing wrong with it. Because you don't wait till 5 min till to attack to hold your spot, if you do you will already be in combat. The trick is entering combat as soon as you can, while not giving someone else not enough time to take it from you. And same thing goes for the person attacking you. They attack to soon, you can get it right back before rewards. If you wait to late to attack then the person in the top spot is more than likely already in battle and you missed your chance for the day. Also you could attack at the right time, win your battle giving the other person lets say only 2 min to get his spot back, and he does attack, and the RNG is on his side and he takes it back 20 sec before rewards are handed out.

That is strategy and that is one of the things this game is supposed to be built on. It's not only knowing who to use, but also knowing when to attack.

Do I win 1st in my PvP bracket more than anyone else? Yes I do. Do I win everyday? Nope because sometimes I either attack to late, or to soon. And I'm all for attacking to hold first, but I am one of the ones that always snipes at the top spot, not set on top spot trying to hold it.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This.

By this example at 5 min till rewards 4th, 3rd, and 2nd would all be attacking 1st, so if all 3 win, who gets 1st? That really wouldn't work. Then lets say 5th, 6th, and 7th all attack 2nd and all them win. Who gets 2nd, and where do you stick who was in 1st to begin with?

Yes, but i am not trying change that part. I am trying to fix that #2nd, #3rd and #4th can not attack because 25 mins into the final, they are constantly attacked. Only one attacker allowed by defender, but the defender can attack while being attacked. Depending on the outcomes of each battle you assign the correct resulting position. This would free about 50% of current blocks. Eg. You are #1 and attack #4, then #2 and 3 can still attack you, and if they win, you lose #1. So, your odds of improving always depend on winning, and thise attacking can't block you remaining tries. Yes, you cannot challenge someone already being challenged...but if #3 is in battle maybe you can pick #4 if henis free.

• Options
    Cg John Salera confirmed servers aren't being merged. But wince many witness influx of players, we don't know what causes them, but they must be real as it really is a huge influx of new names from one day to the next. I experienced it, and am not sure what it is besides possibly being deluded and dreaming it.
  • Options
    Most likely players from lower ranks spending crystals to get better rewards.
  • Options

This.

Yes, but i am not trying change that part. I am trying to fix that #2nd, #3rd and #4th can not attack because 25 mins into the final, they are constantly attacked. Only one attacker allowed by defender, but the defender can attack while being attacked. Depending on the outcomes of each battle you assign the correct resulting position. This would free about 50% of current blocks. Eg. You are #1 and attack #4, then #2 and 3 can still attack you, and if they win, you lose #1. So, your odds of improving always depend on winning, and thise attacking can't block you remaining tries. Yes, you cannot challenge someone already being challenged...but if #3 is in battle maybe you can pick #4 if henis free.

Still disagree. Also have to askare you in the top 5 of your bracket? I'm only asking because I am, and hardly ever am I in combat when I start jumping. I get into the 2-4 spot and wait until time to attack. I've only been in combat maybe 2 times at this time the whole time I've been playing. Yes both these times I wasn't able to get first, but I just took it as a bad day.

Now one thing I would like to see is if 1st place attacked someone else to hold his spot and lost, they would lose thier spot and person they attacked takes his place. Then you do have some threat if you attack the wrong person.

An issue with what your saying. 10th attacks 6th, 6th attacks 3rd, 3rd attacks 1st, and all win. So now 1st falls to 10th? If that was the case then no one would be wanting 1st until the last battle. This is also not fair to the person in 1st.

Also have to think about CG and EA making money. If someone spends 200 crystals a day to maintain thier 1st place spot and at any given time they could be dropped from 1st to 20th with no fault of thier own, do you think they would still spend 200 crystals a day? If this person is an elitist who spends ton of money, chances are they would quite from something like this.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    My top 10 ride was put to an end today. Held 2-6 pretty effectivly for 3 days but got knocked back to normal 15-20 spot finish today. Was a nice ride while it lasted tho :)
  • Options
    There are no merges happening with the Arena leaderboards. None have happened and none are currently planned.

Thread title needs editing.

Thanks.
  • Options

This.

Still disagree. Also have to askare you in the top 5 of your bracket? I'm only asking because I am, and hardly ever am I in combat when I start jumping. I get into the 2-4 spot and wait until time to attack. I've only been in combat maybe 2 times at this time the whole time I've been playing. Yes both these times I wasn't able to get first, but I just took it as a bad day.

Now one thing I would like to see is if 1st place attacked someone else to hold his spot and lost, they would lose thier spot and person they attacked takes his place. Then you do have some threat if you attack the wrong person.

An issue with what your saying. 10th attacks 6th, 6th attacks 3rd, 3rd attacks 1st, and all win. So now 1st falls to 10th? If that was the case then no one would be wanting 1st until the last battle. This is also not fair to the person in 1st.

Also have to think about CG and EA making money. If someone spends 200 crystals a day to maintain thier 1st place spot and at any given time they could be dropped from 1st to 20th with no fault of thier own, do you think they would still spend 200 crystals a day? If this person is an elitist who spends ton of money, chances are they would quite from something like this.

Yes
  • FlyPhish
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Build a squad capable of some defense.

Get to the top five, it insulates yourself since fewer people can attack you.

Time your attacks wisely.

Know your server, attack the squads you match up well against.

Use a refresh if you know someone above you is beatable, moving up one spot pays for the refresh.

Profit.
  • Options

Don't forget the amount of dollars spend too.