Feeling like a 2nd job

Prev1
Don't get me wrong people I love this game ok. First off why is there cooldown timers for the challenges? There's literally no point that I can think of. I also think Galatic war needs to be fun, I don't want to sit on my phone for over an hour everyday grinding away and retreating. They should fix it so you can only do one battle a day with alot bigger and better rewards. At the last battle which would be the 12th one you should get 1 chromium pack included in the winnings if you make it that far. Does anyone else agree or think have any other ideas?

Replies

• It doesn't feel like a job to me. If anything I'd like to be able to spend even more time in the game. Touching on GW, I would love for it to be more fun but 1 battle a day is not the way to do it. I want more to do, not less. Lol
  • 1 chromium pack for completing galactic war is too extreme. All I want for completing galactic war is more purple mats.
  • I wish I had a job that just had to work an hour a day. :D we really could use more to do.
    Andrew wrote: »
    1 chromium pack for completing galactic war is too extreme. All I want for completing galactic war is more purple mats.

I totally agree with this.
  • Andrew wrote: »
    1 chromium pack for completing galactic war is too extreme. All I want for completing galactic war is more purple mats.

Completly right
  • Purple mats would be fair I think as well. You guys don't agree with less time on galatic war? You would have more time to actually do missions and such so you don't have to use Sim cards. You get more coins for bronzium packs that way
  • I used to think GW was really cool. Now I have to push myself to try and complete it. Most days its a strain on my time and the fun is gone
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    GW is the only part of this game that actually requires any thought or strategy or poses any challenge. Time to do missions? Why would I want to do the same missions over and over again? Sim tickets are one of the best parts of this game. I guess we have very different ideas about fun. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    GW is the only part of this game that actually requires any thought or strategy or poses any challenge. Time to do missions? Why would I want to do the same missions over and over again? Sim tickets are one of the best parts of this game. I guess we have very different ideas about fun. :)

Hahaha, agreed!
  • I used to think GW was really cool. Now I have to push myself to try and complete it. Most days its a strain on my time and the fun is gone

Even if I spent less time in gw, I would still Sim missions. An extra 2-3 bronzium packs is not worth it.
  • I suppose. I don't really put any thought in galatic war. This game feels like checkers more then chess to me. I would rather spend time dealing with my life than grinding away battling the same old enemy player lineup everyday. But then again I am 33 years old

I feel the same way :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Venator_83 wrote: »
    I suppose. I don't really put any thought in galatic war. This game feels like checkers more then chess to me. I would rather spend time dealing with my life than grinding away battling the same old enemy player lineup everyday. But then again I am 33 years old
    So you don't want to spend an hour doing GW, where every day you face different teams, many of which are top teams from other players and difficult to beat unless you play carefully.. and where winning requires careful management of resources. But you DO want to repeat LS and DS missions over and over, with the exact same enemies, where most fights a monkey could literally win by randomly pressing its thumb on your phone?
    /confused
  • I'd like better rewards for GW, more Mats, maybe a pick your charecter shard even. I'd love to see an GW expansion. Like 50 or 100 crystals to continue on a new road against more unique builds that maybe EA/CG comes up with. Say like a 6-8 expansion for 50-100 shards where you face some teams the Devs put together. Not talking teams that are impossible, just that are challenging and/or unique in how they are built, like with toons that are not typically used so we can see them in action at higher levels.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Since I can do all the dailies in 10mins it doesn't it is easy to keep up with this game. In less than an hours you can do GW and arena too. I even have 900 tickets to boot.
    I suppose. I don't really put any thought in galatic war. This game feels like checkers more then chess to me. I would rather spend time dealing with my life than grinding away battling the same old enemy player lineup everyday. But then again I am 33 years old
    So you don't want to spend an hour doing GW, where every day you face different teams, many of which are top teams from other players and difficult to beat unless you play carefully.. and where winning requires careful management of resources. But you DO want to repeat LS and DS missions over and over, with the exact same enemies, where most fights a monkey could literally win by randomly pressing its thumb on your phone?
    /confused

Correct. I do not want to play galatic war for over an hour a day. It's more frustrating than fun. I would like to focus more on missions because they give you materials. Don't forget that pvp and galatic war is controlled by ai only. It technically is all the same thing.
  • Venator_83 wrote: »

I'm 39, and I still prefer fighting against top teams with very different setups every time rather than redoing the same missions over and over again. Maybe, age is not a factor? And maybe your statement as quoted leans definitively against your initial statement? Same old player lineup is 100% missions and 100% not GW! Are we even on the same page here :confused:?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Correct. I do not want to play galatic war for over an hour a day. It's more frustrating than fun. I would like to focus more on missions because they give you materials.
    Then do that. You already have this option.
    Don't forget that pvp and galatic war is controlled by ai only. It technically is all the same thing.

The teams are usually much more challenging, and unlike missions you don't get your whole team fresh at the start of every fight.
    I just think it's funny to complain about the game being a "second job" and then say you'd like to do the same fight over and over 20 or 30 times per day just to grind materials. To each his own, I guess.
    IMO we need more modes like GW. We DO NOT need modes like the current LS/DS missions or challenges, where you can autoplay to victory and there's really nothing interesting to do.
    Correct. I do not want to play galatic war for over an hour a day. It's more frustrating than fun. I would like to focus more on missions because they give you materials.
    Then do that. You already have this option.
    Don't forget that pvp and galatic war is controlled by ai only. It technically is all the same thing.

The teams are usually much more challenging, and unlike missions you don't get your whole team fresh at the start of every fight.
    I just think it's funny to complain about the game being a "second job" and then say you'd like to do the same fight over and over 20 or 30 times per day just to grind materials. To each his own, I guess.
    IMO we need more modes like GW. We DO NOT need modes like the current LS/DS missions or challenges, where you can autoplay to victory and there's really nothing interesting to do.

I don't understand why you think I'm contradicting myself.. yes I would rather to the pve as in not use Sim cards, but right now I have to use Sim cards because I don't have time. When you do not use Sim cards to you are actually helping one of your friends out, which seems to be the only purpose of even having friends in this game.
  • Venator_83 wrote: »
    Purple mats would be fair I think as well. You guys don't agree with less time on galatic war? You would have more time to actually do missions and such so you don't have to use Sim cards. You get more coins for bronzium packs that way

I think Galactic War is fine myself. They might beef up character shard droprate in Bronziums by 50% though, because right now they are useless and not worth fighting battles manually (in my opinion). The disparity between Bronzium and Chomium is like the distance from here to Mars. But maybe they plan to add Gold Cards or something to fill in the gap, that would be very cool.
  • more like a 2nd career
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I don't understand why you think I'm contradicting myself.. yes I would rather to the pve as in not use Sim cards, but right now I have to use Sim cards because I don't have time. When you do not use Sim cards to you are actually helping one of your friends out, which seems to be the only purpose of even having friends in this game.

The ally thing never worked, they changed the description rather than fix it.
    The time thing I just can't understand. They've provided a way to let you save time - and many games make you buy sim tickets, they give you 25 a day for free. This is why they are there, so you can still do missions if you don't have enough time. So what is the problem? /stillconfused
  • I'd love more than 1 shard for completing GW :s 80 days to get a 4* IF you got the same character back to back, which you don't. In reality the shards in GW will next to never help you, they should bump it up to 5/10 per win. Which isn't too generous, as you can get shards for any characters in the game. So even 5/10 won't get you new toons, chances you'll get Lando etc from 0 to 80 with GW is near impossible. But it's a nice little boost combined with packs and existing farmable characters.
  • Well this discussion is or was about saving time on galatic war and challenges, hence the titles name. If you feel like discussing the quality of galatic war you could join in my other post "galatic war is garbage"

True, true and true. Tho I have accumulated 100+ Sim tickets cuz I buy energy and the number is growing. When do these get spent or is everyone like this?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well this discussion is or was about saving time on galatic war and challenges, hence the titles name. If you feel like discussing the quality of galatic war you could join in my other post "galatic war is garbage"

Oh, I didn't realize. Then we'll have to just agree to disagree. (Saving time on challenges? They take less than 10 minutes a day.)
    I just completed my GW run for the day. The last two teams were a Phasma team with a 4* Leia and a 4* FOTP, and then a Phasma team with 6* Leia, and 7* Lumi, JC, Sid and Kylo. The second-last team was really nasty, I had to be very careful about who I put in and when I pulled them out, but I managed to do it without losing anyone, and got healed up enough to win the last fight. The final fight I put all my speedy guys in, and got a lucky stun on Leia so it wasn't as hard as it might have been.
    This to me is fun.. challenge, needing to plan ahead, one round affecting the next, and every round being different and unpredictable. It's as far from "garbage" as anything in this game is. But if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.
    PS I even got a Dooku shard in the last chest. ;)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm with Qeltar on this one. GW is the most fun and challenging part of the game for me. (40, BTW :( ) Yes, the retreat tactic can be frustrating and time-consuming, but at least the mode is interesting! If all I could do every day was sim through PvE, auto through challenges, watch paint dry while my energy refills, and agonize over the right snipe time and target choice for PvP I'd probably have left already.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    If it makes you feel better, Rolf, I'm about to turn 50. :)
    BTW in that second-last fight I actually had to pull Barriss. First time I have ever needed to do that in 40 runs. I think GW is going to keep getting harder as people keep moving to these overpowered speed teams....
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Grimmer wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

True, true and true. Tho I have accumulated 100+ Sim tickets cuz I buy energy and the number is growing. When do these get spent or is everyone like this?

I have about 1200, I try to auto play for extra bronze packs.

I wish GW went on longer, it's the best part of the game.
  • For me, it can feel like a second job but also it can be enjoyable and I wish there was more to do. I'm with others about wanting GW to be changed and improved so it offers more than it does now. It is the best part of the app.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    From what I've read and guessing from what I saw yesterday after hitting 58, GW is really easier to complete from 48-55/57 and then once you hit 58+ you start to see the 59-60 teams.

I like it and it's challenging. I can see why some people don't like it but even as I level up to 60 (and 70 later this month) I'll keep pushing to complete the wins. As others have said, more purple rewards would be nice.