Constructive discussion - how to solve the mods issue?

Monxie
559 posts Member
edited July 2016
Hi,
I think there have been quiet a lot of bashing lately. We're all frustrated, but enough of the bashing. Let's try to discuss how to solve the issue that mods have created instead.
My suggestion is to have the mods power massively reduced to around 10% of what they are now. For example, a mods that gives 10k health should give 1k health instead.
Key points:
1) To once again increase the relevance of Gear. I believe this is an important point for many players, including myself, who spent a lot of efforts, time and perhaps money in order to improve the Gear. All that hard work shouldn't just be gone. The relation between "Mods and Gear" is something that must be highlighted - and EA must find a balance. Mods should not be THAT more powerful than Gear.
2) The other option to balance out "Mods vs Gear" would be, instead of nerfing the mods, to buff the Gear. But in my opinion nerf the mods a lot would be better; even though I'd like the Gear to be buffed a little bit as well. Especially Gear pieces that take a lot of time to get should be relevant. Otherwise, what's the point with the long grind for these?
3) Make it more difficult to equip with mods. Make it a must to have Gear level 9 or something like that to enable mods to a character. Would also increase the relevance of Gear.

Another suggestion;
Enable crafting of mods for a specific character. Example; A 4* Leia mod could be crafted with 80 Leia shards and boost attributes that is good for Leia. Only Leia could wear a Leia mod and she can only wear one of these. Would be an interesting option, in my opinion, and would give us more use of the bonus shards (not only the shard shop).

Replies