Choruscant underworld police problem?

So I built out this character, in hopes that he would be a stunning machine (40% stun on normal attack) and some other perks - but he stuns almost never. It's like I wasted all that time and effort.

Am I missing something? He is currently at 3* LVL 53 Gear lvl V

I am thinking about bailing from the build because there isn't any upside that I can find for him. He's weak, doesn't stun and has low HP...

Just wondering others peoples opinions

Replies

• He is useless...
    You must farm old daka instead
  • You need to train his passive for potency.
  • You need to train his passive for potency.

This. After upgrading his Potency, you'll learn through trial and error which heroes you're likely to stun and which ones you aren't (some folks just have a lot of innate Tenacity, which is used to resist it).
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    You need to train his passive for potency.

This. After upgrading his Potency, you'll learn through trial and error which heroes you're likely to stun and which ones you aren't (some folks just have a lot of innate Tenacity, which is used to resist it).

I'll train up the passive, I hope that helps

A follow up question though:

I count the times when I get "resisted" as stun chances. So I tested it out and I am getting either a stun or a resisted about 1.5 times per 10.

So the question I have is basically do I get resisted sometimes and it not notate that it was resisted?
  • When u see resisted it's when it would have applied but failed due to that enemie's tenacity. With potency as others mentioned it will help counteract their chance to resist. I've also run against a few of these guys and noticed with higher skill lvl they also apply offense down. Can be a useful toon for that alone. The choice is yours to make as always, but only u can decide.
  • Yeah the struggle I'm having is that if it was giving me 4/10 chances to stun, I'd be on board - but it's far lower than that. It's like the metrics are off with the character or something
  • How often does he stun against equal-leveled AI fodder on the tables? If there's a bug in the stun rate that might be a good place to test since you can guarantee the same enemies over multiple trials. But I think getting the potency up will be a big help. I think there are heroes that boost potency as well (through leadership, maybe?), though I cannot recall which ones offhand.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Flytrap
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    How often does he stun against equal-leveled AI fodder on the tables? If there's a bug in the stun rate that might be a good place to test since you can guarantee the same enemies over multiple trials. But I think getting the potency up will be a big help. I think there are heroes that boost potency as well (through leadership, maybe?), though I cannot recall which ones offhand.

Yes that's what I did - picked a good spot on the table and ran the same one over and over. I was already working on potency and got it up +20% (over the abysmal 7% he starts with) and I'm still working on it obviously.

After 146 attempts I got 21 stun or resisted. That's only 15%, not the 40% it's supposed to

EDIT: so im at 27% total
  • New report:

It seems like the percentages are coming up. Could have been a string of bad luck or some metric I am not familiar with or aware of.

He's now at level 54, 4* gear lvl 6 (and 1/2) and it seems to be a viable character. I'm still testing with him but I ran him with Boba/Lumi 5* and Phasma/Chewy 4* and did better than when I ran that team with JC 5* instead of Choruscant.

I'll update more as I figure through the build
  • Update - it seems like the percentage of stun is definitely less than the 40%. It's close to half of that.

Frustrating because I spent a lot of resources on him that I could have spent more wisely had I known the character wasn't going to give me what I built him for.
  • I have him also unlocked but I never did anything with him....
  • He's my "fill one gear slot" go to guy since I'm farming gear that requires 20-50 bits per slot for my main toons and I may not fill one a day between gear and shard farming the hard nodes. But since I never upgraded Coruscant Underworld Police, he's easy to use to get the daily achievement.

Good to know he's not worth serious investment.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762