Nerfing what it will come to be..

What's the whole point of people coming here and saying a character needs to be balanced or a nerf ? By the time we know it every character will be nerfed because someone lost or can't win.. For example: (sidious) he's supposed to be powerful he's a SITH LORD all it really takes is patience go gear up some more or get shards to be stronger. You can't expect a Jedi consular to defeat a Sith Lord like sidious.. Or Ashoka tano to defeat Darth Maul who killed qui-gon jinn.. See it just wouldn't look right if this happened in the movies or tv shows we have to be realistic. So please stop with the nerfing or re-balancing I love this game and don't want it to go down hill.

Replies

• The lore of the books and movies have nothing to do with the power of individual charecters in this game. For instance a tie fighter pilot can pretty much take out 90% of your with lords health if not kill him outright.

I don't think said tie fighter pilot should be Nerfed for any reason, he can be killed pretty easy himself. So it goes down the line.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the lore, but it really has nothing to do with the game beyond giving us "identities" for our Rocks, Papers, and scissors.
  • Do you think a First Order Tie Pilot should be able to kill any character in the game in 1 hit?

How is that realistic?
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    Do you think a First Order Tie Pilot should be able to kill any character in the game in 1 hit?

How is that realistic?
    agree +1

• Most of the people screaming Nerf are new or sore losers.
  • Be
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Do you think a First Order Tie Pilot should be able to kill any character in the game in 1 hit?

How is that realistic?

Because the First Order and the Empire put the best shots in Tie Fighters and the worst shots as Stormtroopers. The really don't want to win they just want discord.

How is that realistic?

I said 90% or outright in some conditions, such as if he is buffed or the opponents debuffers. That is o.k. With me, I can also kill him very easy. It is part of the game.

There is nothing "realistic" about it, it is what it is in a game that uses Rock, Paper, Scissors type "rules".
    'Reality" has nothing to do with anything. After all we have a squid shooting laser pistols able to heal things by yelling "it"s a trap".

We are playing "war" with each other using cartoons, that is silly enough without trying to impose any self reality on anything.

• As much as I love lore, these characters are just stats that have abilities tied somewhat to their in story character. Chill bro

How is that realistic?

Yeah and once he nerfed next trash bin toon mever used.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Most of the people screaming Nerf are new or sore losers.

Or maybe they just really really like plying with foam toys?
  • People paid good money for barriss, then she got nerfed, next they paid for kylo Ren, my guess is he'll be nerfed so they'll have to buy the next overpriced bundle from EA.
  • Yendol wrote: »
    People paid good money for barriss, then she got nerfed, next they paid for kylo Ren, my guess is he'll be nerfed so they'll have to buy the next overpriced bundle from EA.

Both those packages included other characters. Asajj and Ashoka both were buffed.

How is that realistic?

Why can leia shoot me 3x in a row killing my toon? Same as one shotting in my book. I had Dooku pull off 5 attacks in a row today. Wth is that? A lot of silly things in this game. No toon should have a 100% counter, period. Either cut dookus down or make it like Kylo Ren. Get down to 3 toons vs. a counter attacker and depending on how much health you had left you can still lose. Silly.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Realistic? You ever been shot? It hurts.

This is a video game about playing a table game about star wars legends.
  • Sometimes when I look at the description of abilities I have no clue what they were thinking. Almost every attack has a negative status effect attached to it. There are also way too many different stats.

I honestly don't think this game can be balanced it is just going to be an endless back and forth nerf and buff.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    Sometimes when I look at the description of abilities I have no clue what they were thinking. Almost every attack has a negative status effect attached to it. There are also way too many different stats.

I honestly don't think this game can be balanced it is just going to be an endless back and forth nerf and buff.

This is true of pretty much every game ever and I think this is a good thing. As the dev team balances it, new play methods will evolve that alter the balance and the cycle continues. One of my favorite aspects of multiplayer gaming for sure.

Now, some teams are better at this cycle than others and it will take a few cycles to get into the groove, so the jury is still out on this game but I have hope, for now at least.
  • Vanilla characters are boring and bad for game development.
  • If they nerf Leia or FOTP they'll lose A LOT of real paying players. They wouldnt risk that. There was an out roar after barriss and she was only like 50 dollars.
  • In a game like this, the "lore" shouldn't influence the gameplay. Otherwise we would see only Luke, Sid, Vader and a couple of these chars... I know, it's very difficult try to balance games like these, there so many abilities /cooldown etc, but the success os SWGOH will depend mostly by the balance work on all the toons.
    Try to see a game like DoTa o League of legends..
    Another very important feature is the Debugging.. In this game there are so many toons with bugged skills (i can remember Asajy, Ackbar, Leia) the devs should work hard to fix these bug/glitches..
  • Also captain phasm on Defence proc ability is Bugged or something. One guy had Zero frist order toons other than her, yet all the toons on frist round went one like 2- 3 times each and trigger the others too. Also i seen Capitan phasm Trigger herself to attack 3 times. This is without a doubt Bugged, it clearly states only allies get bonus shot, not herself and i wouldn't be surprise if it's a glicth being abused. Seen it a few times now were not only does it trigger herself but toon Who are not her and do not have a double hit themselfs, trigger themselves to do 3 hits in a row. I have 9k galactic warfare runes, so if this is not fix on next up date im going to unleash the full Cheesy Awakening Ever. Let's see how much people like thier own Medicine.
  • If they nerf Leia or FOTP they'll lose A LOT of real paying players. They wouldnt risk that. There was an out roar after barriss and she was only like 50 dollars.
    I lol'd !

They nerfed Barriss, a lot of them cried and this game ignored them. They stopped crying and continue playing with their other toy.

EA = good parenting.

Awaiting for incoming nerf.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    They've stated clearly that they are going to do all they can to not have to nerf heroes in purchase packs again. And I bet they must get tired of reading so much speculation, when there's answers out already if you just read the official threads...

A bit of adjustment will likely be made to some heroes. But also do note that they have extensive simulation battles taking place when fine tuning heroes and skills. We don't see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes, and sometimes I feel this forum would be better off if we chilled out a little more.

• Before anyone screams for nerfs, why not complain about bugged Leia? The single toon that bothers me currently, and her power is not intended. I am fine with all the others.