Save the First Order Stormtrooper (FOST) and FO Synergy - Need to be reworked ?

Prev1
Rhadamanth30
65 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hello guys, first, apologize my mistakes, i’m french and try to do my best in english.
Just make this topic today, to ask you, and discuss with you about CT-5555 and First Order Stormtrooper (that i’ll call FOST).
[EDIT] I edit this topic to include in it a poll i made. I would like to see a maximum of votes.
Please feel free to go to this poll link and vote :
Link here ====> Do you think First Order Stormtrooper (FOST) Need a rework ?<=======
Hope i will see you there :)[EDIT]

Do you already make the comparison between this 2 heroes ?

In fact, i was farming CT-5555 for the rancor, and i seriously compare him to my another farm : FOST, that i farm for the First Order Synergy i like very very much a lot ! (lol)

But, both of basic capacity, and passive capacity of FOST are really really under those of CT-5555.
For our clone friend, basic capacity slow down for 2 turns with 100% plus extra bonus attack if already slowed, against 50% for 1 turn with extra bonus to bring % to 100% if critical strike for FOST.
In the same way, passive capacity give to CT-5555 85% counter attack chances with extra bonus 50% damage, agains 65% counter attack chances with extra bonus to be humiliated by CT-5555 because powerless :p

I send a feedback to the devs team, but don’t know if i twill be enough to balance one of this 2 heroes (or both).

And you, what are you opinion about this ? Curious about it :)
Post edited by Rhadamanth30 on

Replies

• I also would like it if fost was stronger, fives outperforms him in every way (but im also going for first order synergy so im grinding fost in hard battles anyways)
  • FOST is useless as it sit now. It need a full rework. I dont like the fact that he is too similar to Five's but worst!

Five's is just fine as it is. he's strong but not OP.
  • Rhadamanth30
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes it's exactly that. I run FOST for the synergy, since the beginning i farm FOST, and it's a very hard way to get him. I feel No_Satan666, harder to get, too similar to 5's, but so under.
    But, i think that 5's is a little bit too strong.
    My point is that FOST need a full reword to be very different to 5's, and 5's just a little bit nerfed. But it's just my opinion :)
    Post edited by Rhadamanth30 on
  • Are we just so few to notice FOST so under 5's ? ^^
  • I don't want to let this post die !
    I want EA to revive the FOST :D
  • I like both. I use FOST in my dark team and in my second team in raids. 5s is really good if you omega upgrade is basic. Otherwise he wasn't strong enough to compete. I find 5s inflicts speed down more often as well. He's in my main team.
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    The potency nerf has hurt Fives he is not the same anymore.
    I recommend you to farm a nerf immune toon.
  • FOST isn't horrible but he's definitely not as good as 5's and he's a much harder grind. I don't like wasting a turn on an ability that only targets himself like that, him and Fin have it and I think it's lame. lol
  • SantasWS wrote: »
    The potency nerf has hurt Fives he is not the same anymore.
    I recommend you to farm a nerf immune toon.

Potency mods pretty much deal with this. NOT just the set ones ( 10% set bonus) but the 28% percent as a main ability. Fairly easy to off set and with mods you can run peeps like Magma and GMT :)

• EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well I don't have 5s so I only have experience attacking him, but I did just collect my 100th shard for 7* FOST today. Maybe tomorrow I can promote him when I have enough credits. I've been saying for some time that FOST needs a buff, but mine is only 6*IX; maybe that will change when he is 7*X. Gear X is going to be rough ... he needs 8 purple gear to get there, 400 salvage!

A while back I thought this addition to FOST's kit would make him a force to be reckoned with:
    The Order Relentless
    All allies gain Defense Up for 3 turns and FOST gains Advantage Critical Chance Up for 2 turns with a 50% chance to also gain 40% TM.

Press the Attack
    Whenever FOST scores a critical hit, FOST and all allies gain 30% TM, and each First Order ally has a 50% chance to gain Critical Damage Up for one turn.

As it stands now, I think 5's is probably better.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    FOST kit is garbage, especially compared to fives, who is superior in every way and every situation. And FOST is insanely hard to farm. Makes no sense.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    As far as FOST goes, I thought he would shine with a Phasma lead. Maybe he does, but I haven't gotten there yet.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    As far as FOST goes, I thought he would shine with a Phasma lead. Maybe he does, but I haven't gotten there yet.

The worst part about first order is that they all give advantage, which ends up just overlapping a ton and not making them terribly powerful together. They'd be much better if some of them gave a different buff, or if the second instance of advantage increased crit damage or something.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    hhooo wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

The worst part about first order is that they all give advantage, which ends up just overlapping a ton and not making them terribly powerful together. They'd be much better if some of them gave a different buff, or if the second instance of advantage increased crit damage or something.

That's true.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • The one reason I like FOST is because I ran across a max Squad in GW that were all counter attackers. He was putting offense down and 5's was putting slow down. It was so brutal I can't believe I beat that team. Between the HP and slow and off down, ridiculous.
  • I think that the First Order Stormtrooper is fantastic. Got him to level 74 and 6 stars. However, FOST was nerfed to have the passive 85% counter chance knocked down to 65% and damage nerfed by 33%. That nerf, in my opinion, was excessive.
  • hhooo wrote: »

I totaly agree with you. And it could be si fun that FOST could use Advantage given by all other to bring a different buff back to other. I could be a such wonderfull mechanic of gameplay.
    I think that the First Order Stormtrooper is fantastic. Got him to level 74 and 6 stars. However, FOST was nerfed to have the passive 85% counter chance knocked down to 65% and damage nerfed by 33%. That nerf, in my opinion, was excessive.
    I really don't understand the nerf he underwent (don't know if it's the good word for the context), because when i compare stats on www.swgoh.gg, 5's is similar to FOST, maybe a little stronger, but he's just OP when we take a look on capacity.
  • Otherwise, he stand as a TANK, but just put a defense up to protect allies. It's not Enought among me. It should be a mechanic allow him to taunt, or stealth a specific ally, or something usefull as a tank
  • I always thought FOST should have a taunt similar to RGs.
  • Or Something working with critical hits or advantages ? Maybe when FORST deal a critical hit, or when other allies have an advantage, FOST taunt.
    Just to make a different mechanics of other tanks
  • My FOST is fully maxed, and has an omega in his basic. And as he is, he isn't all that great. There's nothing special about him. Maybe with mods he will perform better to be viable, but still need to farm those up. They should give him something special. Like, when shot at, if he counters, he not only shots at the person that shot him, but also another random character with maybe reduced damage. Right now, he's just another Fives with less chance to counter. I'm working on a squad though that includes him and Fives. Once I mod them up and fully max Fives, I'll let yous know of their performance.
  • Hi all, make this topic up to give visibility to my poll.

Hope it will be a lot of vote here :
    Do you think First Order Stormtrooper (FOST) Need a rework ?
  • CaptainDwindleton
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Rework FOST, but only if it's a buff.

I always thought of FOST as a staple character, not much special abilities but makes up for it with health, damage, and FOST's counter attack. I think if FOST received a 33.33% damage bonus and 85% counter chance (basically FOST before the nerfs) that would balance things. Plus a taunt. We need a taunt.
  • I think both Storm troopers need to be fixed....
  • Rhadamanth30
    65 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It's nice to see that you're have the same opinion...

It appear clearly that he needs a boost of his passive ability. A simple 65% chance of counter attack is really nothing, especially when you see how this ability can be powerfull with other characters.
    We agree that dooku is not a tank, but he have 100% chance to counter attack with +15% dammages on a C-A.
    Same with five.
    And FOST have just a little defensive ability... for a TANK.

And please, keep going to vote on this page : ====>https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64159/do-you-think-first-order-stormtrooper-fost-need-a-rework<====
  • Ridiculous grind for such a poorly thought out character. He was decent before the expansions and protection updates but now he's just bench material. One day EA might rework him.....lol
  • I know that what i try to do will doubtless go not so far. But, i try to keep this post, and even more the poll i gave in link to MAYBE change things. They already rework Anakin, why not FOST. So i try to awaken minds ^^
  • Fost is mediocre at best. Really disappointing since I have always favored troopers, whether it be clones, imperials, or first order. Really hope he gets a rework.
  • They got reworked, I think rey needs a rework, her specials always miss for some reason.
  • Why rey need a rework ? I don't think so even if it's not the point here.