Status Effects Being Applied

Cyn
76 posts Member
I've noticed (in GW at least) that at the minimum, Kylo Ren's DOT is still being applied even if his attack is dodged by the enemy character. Additionally, Leia's group buff also applies even if the attack is missed (in Arena). Lastly, I believe Daka's stun/proc on 2 people has also been applied on the 2nd character despite missing the target she was aiming for.

I haven't used any other characters to my knowledge that apply a DOT or Buff that apply despite missing the attack. The way it looks to me is that any character that applies a DOT, stun, or self-buff off of their basic attack can still have it apply despite missing the actual attack. It's not something I've noticed with Darth Sidious with his healing immunity debuff but I admit I could have missed it if it did happen.

Thanks.

Replies

• I don't think they put together a good order of operations in battle. Which is something that should have been mapped out in great detail at the start since it is the CORE of the game.

IMO it should be
    1) roll for hit, break process if no hit
    2) roll for dodge,
    3) apply on dodge effects,
    4) break process if dodge
    5) check for on hit effects (expose 20% damage, turn meter gains) remove/add on hit status effects
    6) check for crit
    7) apply crit effects
    8) calculate damage
    9) check for status effect proc
    10) check for resistance
    11) apply effects
    12) steps 1-11 for assist attacks
    12) counter attack if appropriate and toon still alive

Clearly that isn't the order of operations. I am not sure that it is set in stone either as an assist works differently if it comes from Phasma versus say Fives. I am also irritated that you cannot expose someone who started the turn exposed
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I believe the way it works is that some different effects of an attack do not need to proc sequentially. The attack is calculated and then the 'defense' effects will happen sequentially. So take Daka for example. If she does her base attack she has a physical attack and a special that will stun up to two people. If her special processes then there is an additional roll to determine if it processes on just the character she is attacking or if it will proc on an additional character.

However so far nothing has actually happened in-game. NOW is when the AI will begin the actual attack that has already been created.

The computer will let the defender see if they proc a dodge to avoid the physical damage. Regardless of whether or not he/she procs a dodge the computer will also calculate if the attacked character can resist the stun effect. Finally, if Daka's attack rolled the second stun then that stun will be resisted based on the second characters resist.

I believe this is the way that every attack is done. The only exception that I'm aware of are multi-attacks which are bugged enabling FOTP or Leia to get stuck in a potential loop of attacks as they do the multi-attack proc calculation at the beginning of each physical attack regardless of whether it was the initial attack or the result of the multi-attack processing.

The reason you don't see the healing immunity proc is that it is dependent on the physical attack. The game seems to do a much better job of handling 1v1 attacks than any attacks that can chain.
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    @SlyGambit Thanks yeah, I took out 2 of them and sacrificed the rest of my team then came in with a 2nd team to finish them off.

Also, that makes sense if it's rolling the physical vs special damage separately. I didn't realize that was the case and I'm curious as to whether or not that was their intention. I.e. even if you miss one you may not miss the other.

@AnotherMolEliza

Yeah, SlyGambit explained it well but I'm inclined to want what you said. The idea of getting 1 proc when the initial basic attack didn't is a bit weird and different to me. I always thought of the DOT and stuns as additional damage if you landed your basic attack instead of 2 separate attacks like SlyGambit says they are.
  • Also I'm not sure if it is a bug or if its working as intended. There isn't anything defined in game or online that would clarify whether or not its supposed to work the way it is working. Unlike the clear multi-attack bug with Leia and FOTP (and possibly Rey) they may have intended it to work this way.

btw @Cyn are you on my server shard? Someone usually hanging in the top 10 with the name Cyn.
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @SlyGambit

That's probably me, I'm rank 5 right now running Sidious as my lead.

After reading what you wrote and what Mol Eliza wrote, I understand why it's happening but I agree with you in wondering if it's working as intended or if it's a simple bug in the order of operations.

Edit: Ha, just saw your name man. I thought it sounded familiar! And you're also on my friends list. lol
    Post edited by Cyn on
  • Cool. You're the first one I've noticed from there. I just crushed CloneAndreas who I probably only win against ~60% of the time. Had the perfect storm of a Poggle buff, Poe exposing 4 of 5, and then Sid popping all that exposed damage. It was hilarious. I don't recall your normal team at the moment but I'll have some spare battles tonight so even if I don't have to go at you for first I'll try to get a fight in and will see how the AI screws up your team. The guy that runs the droid team (Mocha) is the only other one I really have problems with besides Andreas and his super-chromium team. Luckily Mocha isn't usually around me.

You've got about another week before I'm able to put in my good team. :)
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    @SlyGambit

Ha, yeah Andreas and Mocha give me issues as well sometimes. I actually decided to fight you just now and was worried about your initial volley of attacks but I ran with QGJ and took down your Poe's taunt immediately which is likely the only reason I won the fight.

My usual team varies a lot actually but of course I usually run with Lumi and Sid in the squad. Sometimes I have Kylo Ren, sometimes FOTP, sometimes QGJ or Aayla Secura.
  • @Cyn QGJ is basically the bane of my team even when I attack. I usually focus him out ahead of CloneAndreas' 7* FOTP. My only hope is he goes before Poe/Poggle or goes after Poe/Sid so I've at least had a chance to fire off the exposes. I've seen more Poe's lately but it looks like I was one of the few who got on him as soon as they released him.

I'm looking forward to being able to vary my team a bit. Have IG-86/IG-88/Geo in the wings but not quite strong enough to be added. Should make the fights with me have a little more variety in the future although I'm not sure it will really make the team much better or worse. Still kind of surprised how the same names are usually in the top-10.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Got an attack in on you at the end. It wasn't as close as I expected.

http://imgur.com/a/BGTYs

Poe went first but only exposed Aayla. But then Sid hit qui gon and poggle went and then I was able to wipe out qui gon and then Aayla with Luke then Lumi both getting poggle/Sid boosted 9k crits. Aayla was a high roll plus expose but qui gon was out first round no doubt. Qui gon hit Poe and then I think Aayla did as well so FOTP basically wasted his shot killing off Poe.

As always Kylo gets to get killed last. I still have yet to see his value on an arena defense.
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    @SlyGambit

Yeah,. I'm not sure about Kylo on defense either. Anyways, I've upgraded my FOTP and will likely make some more changed to my team comp.

Thanks for the screencap and analysis. Next time I play yours I'll do the same.