Contructive Comprehensive Summary of Complaints(continual updating)-Please Sticky

Prev1
BradGoodyear
984 posts Member
edited July 2016
@EA_Jesse, These are everyone's issues in one place. These are the things people want explanations for. I will continually modify this list to include issues across the board, and I will check them off as they are fixed/addressed. What we want is a showing from the CG/EA team that they not only hear us, but are willing to address issues and have a better dialog with it's users, rather than ignore them.

1) GW
-Can't complete/Too difficult
-Time to complete, taking multiple hours
-Minimal credits for time spent
-Earn less than before due to non-completion
-Easy Nodes at the end for players with highest arena power
-Feeling that New credit boost is worthless with Mods getting 2x more expensive(Net Loss)

6)Cantina Energy
-Can't farm characters and Mods
-Refresh rate is long
-crystal refresh too expensive
--even with buying crystals, the value isn't there past 100 refresh
-Mods should use different unique energy
-Cantina Energy added at reset times like 45 energy gifts

2) Credit Crunch
-Not enough credits to complete anything
-Scoundrel event should occur weekly, guaranteed
-Mod costs just doubled, credit vacuum

3) Ninja nerfs
-Drop in potency issues
-Teebo
-Scanners

4)Mods
-Drop rate reduced, want it increased
-Cost to buy is hundreds of Thousands, sell for 2100.
-Cost to upgrade doubled
--too expensive, went from 250K to level 15 to 500K For Mod 5
---Still no credit increase
-Players arena Power not effected by full mods, still show low power
--Makes issues in Arena and GW
X-Characters being completely One-shot killed againMods Nerfed
X-Non-disclosure of Raid LVL6 and LVL7 Mods6 & 7 Removed
X-gear becoming worthless due to overpowerMods Nerfed
X-DPS that tank, and tanks that DPSMods Nerfed

5)Pre-craft 2.0
-Drop Rate reduced, cost doubled
-those who upgraded Tues-thurs didn't have this
-creating wealth of upgraded Mods, everyone has to work 2x to catch up
-Many players fully modded before update has 1/2 price Mods

7)Arena
-no diversity, RG/Rey/QGJ/Dodge leader + other
X-Taking too long to scout each teams mods to see if you have a chanceMods Nerfed
X-Rey one-shot killing everyoneMods Nerfed
X-Mods making teams impossible to beatMods Nerfed

8)Guild hopping
-is this an issue or has it been eradicated?

9)Communication
-feels lack of communication
-feels unheard
-feels ignored
-feels Transparency on things is needed
-Feels 80+ Page Megathreads should have concerns addressed, not
-wants acknowledgement of issues
--would promote better feedback
X-Feels Mods 6 and 7 should have been explained6 & 7 Removed

10)Bugs
-wants them fixed
-GW easy nodes for high power teams
--can't be working as intended
-Teebo Stealth
-many others

11)Testing/Implementation
-people feel there is a lack of testing/Appearance of lack of testing
-Last 2 major updates required updates within minutes
-feel things are rushed out without thorough examination on all parts of game

12)Raids
-creates competition within the guild instead of working together
X-changes to T7 Heroic Drops, not Mod 7 but now 66 & 7 Removed
X-Need for T8 or T9Mod Nerf + Ninja Potency Nerf
X--Guys soloing T7Mod Nerf + Ninja Potency Nerf
Post edited by BradGoodyear on

Replies

• Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    You forgot complete rollback of mods and putting the game back the way it was.
  • +1 Well said!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

No thank u

Edit: dont rollback before mods were introduced
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Nice post
  • MrMoody
    19 posts Member
    Instead of doing a roll back for the mods... Why not just increase or make the drop rates of low to high level mods at 100% ? This could prolly even the difference of p2p and f2p players..
  • @EA_Jesse I read through your post and summarized all the issue people want answers to so you can address them more easily. Just the issues, short and sweet. If you have been reading the forums you should understand what all of these refer to I believe.

1) GW

2) Credit Crunch
    -Mod costs just doubled

3) Ninja nerfs
    -Drop in potency

4)Mods
    -Drop rate reduced
    -Cost to upgrade doubled
    --too expensive, went from 250K to level 15 to 500K
    -Non-disclosure of Raid LVL6 and LVL7 Mods
    -gear becoming worthless due to overpower
    -DPS that tank, and tanks that DPS
    -Players arena Power not effected by full mods, still show low
    -Characters being completely One-shot killed again
    -Requests for Rollback

5)Pre-craft 2.0

6)Cantina Energy
    -Refresh rate is long

7)Arena
    -Taking too long to scout each teams mods to see if you have a chance
    -Rey one-shot killing everyone
    -Mods making teams impossible to beat
    --They have maxed mods

8)Guild hopping
    -some still see this as issue

9)Communication
    -feels unheard
    -feels ignored
    -Feels Mods 6 and 7 should have been explained
    -Feels 50 Page Megathreads should have concerns addressed
    -Feels a response

10)Bugs
    -wants them fixed
    -Teebo Stealth
    -many others

• I don't believe a roll back would work either technically or to fix the situation. Mods need to be fixed, a separate energy introduced, drop rates returned to what they were, etc etc etc, but a roll back simply won't happen. Nothing in EA/CG history or interactions tells me this is a viable path they will take.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Nice post... but expecting an update on what they are going to do today.... not that they are still looking at feedback....
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    What about Mk6/7 Mod drop from raids nerf?
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    The damage is done from "precraft 2.0" Only way to fix it is to put everyone back on the same playing field that they were on before the update. Refund crystals and credits used for mods, roll it back, TEST, and reroll them back out once they have been fixed. Its the only way that I can see to save this game. Best to give money back now and hope people will stay, then to keep it and have them walk away, as A LOT OF PEOPLE are doing currently.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Man just put that Monday DAT in the drive and hit restore. Let's all just forget this week ever happened.

P.S. Thank you OP.
  • Clampner
    119 posts Member
    Our whales don't wanna spend anymore and our dolphins and f2p wanna quit. The casuals already quit.

• MrGrips wrote: »
    What about Mk6/7 Mod drop from raids nerf?

I did not catch this, was this an issue? I mean they only dropped last night. How did they nerf them already?

Also @EA_Jesse said they are reading feedback, and he started a thread that in 12 hours is already 22+ pages long. He responded several times. I just summarized everything so he can easily address things in clumps however he sees fit. He wanted constructive feedback, well there is the list of issues, without comentary from anyone. Can't get more constructive than that.
  • Nice thread! +1

How about a T8 (maybe even a T9) raid for whales soloing 7 oppose to a raid buff or potency nerf. A little disheartening when you're able to do your first T7 raid only to get kicked back to T6.
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    The Problem of a Rollback is that No One will give me my hundred's of Crystals and Millions of Credits plus my hundreds of Cantina Energie back!

I am not the only one who thinks a rollback would be the stupid s idea of all.
  • 7) Arena

It is all about RNG Luck, no gaming
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »

i agree 100% roll back would be the best option that is fair to all.
  • FaeEliza
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I made a forum account just to second this entire post. I agree with all of it, and I want to see changes made in the next week or I will be uninstalling my app. I don't want to have to do that because me and my friends have enjoyed this game for half a year now, but it isn't worth my time if this is how the developers are going to handle it.

Personally, if there are only three pieces of general advice I would give to EA/CG and for that matter @EA_Jesse , they would be as follows:

1) Under promise, and over deliver. You are infinitely better off always seeing your business decisions, product decisions, and all customer interactions through this statement. In this specific case, you could have shipped mods with the low drop rates and high upgrade costs, and adjusted them in the favor of players accordingly if they weren't sufficient. You have already messed this one up multiple times, and I suggest that you make moves to retain your player base a priority over increasing margins or revenue right now, see that as an investment.

2) Communication and transparency are underrated. You should detail every single alteration you make to the game, be it a percentage point shift in drop rates, or a particular character's stats or anything else in explicit detail. No piece of information is insignificant to your end user, and there is no reason you shouldn't be documenting all these changes in your development process anyways. If you aren't documenting your changes in development privately, you need to re-evaluate your software engineering principles. If you want a role model in this regard, look at how Blizzard handles their franchises. There is never a change to Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm that is not publicly presented in excruciating detail before it is pushed to production, and when they do a hotfix, it is announced loud and in the player's face.

3) Your free-to-play player's experience is just as important as your pay-to-play player's. This seems to have eluded most freemium model games, and that includes EA/CG in this case, however it is not a good model to base your success on long term. If you intend to cash out on this game within the year and kill it before moving on, I suppose I can see why your priorities are where they are, but if you want a long-term project, you need to plan for growing the user base and retaining users. P2P users are not going to spend money on a game that doesn't have a community left to play with for multiple reasons. The key being that if they don't have anyone to play with, you are selling them a single player micro-transaction game, and I don't think there is one of those that has succeeded yet. Your F2P user base is part of the product you are selling to your high spenders, don't ignore their concerns, and be honest when you are making adjustments to the game for the sake of monetization. Everyone understands that there needs to be a revenue stream for the product to stay alive, it is a mutually beneficial process of communication.

I am a software engineer, and I work on a product that is very successful that has both free users and paid users, and everyone is happy with what they're getting out of the equation. This is not a difficult process, don't be greedy, show your customer the respect you would hope they show you. This rage on these forums is not abnormal for online gaming communities anyways, but it isn't unwarranted either. I hope my feedback is taken seriously, and I hope it helps.

In the mean time, I am taking a break from this game because I feel the best way to handle a bad customer/business interaction is to vote with my wallet. Since I feel that by playing your game I am providing you with a valuable service, I will stop doing that as well until I see public communication that shows adequate changes to accommodate the concerns listed in the post I quoted below.
    @EA_Jesse I read through your post and summarized all the issue people want answers to so you can address them more easily. Just the issues, short and sweet. If you have been reading the forums you should understand what all of these refer to I believe.

1) GW

2) Credit Crunch
    -Mod costs just doubled

3) Ninja nerfs
    -Drop in potency

4)Mods
    -Drop rate reduced
    -Cost to upgrade doubled
    --too expensive, went from 250K to level 15 to 500K
    -Non-disclosure of Raid LVL6 and LVL7 Mods
    -gear becoming worthless due to overpower
    -DPS that tank, and tanks that DPS
    -Players arena Power not effected by full mods, still show low
    -Characters being completely One-shot killed again
    -Requests for Rollback

5)Pre-craft 2.0

6)Cantina Energy
    -Refresh rate is long

7)Arena
    -Taking too long to scout each teams mods to see if you have a chance
    -Rey one-shot killing everyone
    -Mods making teams impossible to beat
    --They have maxed mods

8)Guild hopping
    -some still see this as issue

9)Communication
    -feels unheard
    -feels ignored
    -Feels Mods 6 and 7 should have been explained
    -Feels 50 Page Megathreads should have concerns addressed
    -Feels a response

10)Bugs
    -wants them fixed
    -Teebo Stealth
    -many others

• This is actually a very well done list. Thanks @BradGoodyear.

A couple of other things that I'm not sure if anyone has noticed -

1. The rancor's bonus ability that grants him +1 bonus action as part of his turn seems to be malfunctioning since the update. The system now calculates that action as a turn itself for purposes of cool down reduction, (giving him two turns of cool down on his abilities for every turn he takes.) Not sure if this is intentional or not, but multiple guild members have tested it.
    2. The idea of creating a divide between modded and unmodded teams is probably not feasible. I can see a thousand logistical nightmares trying to divide all areas of the client to register that. However, I also acknowledge that people want to have an ability to build strategies - this game is a team building turn based strategy game. The mods have so many different combinations of powers that it is difficult to accurately size up enemy teams in any mode without spending time looking at each of the enemies characters. That being said, perhaps a more feasible solution would be to have mod nullified areas of the game. Perhaps a way to challenge other players directly, grudge match style. Or nullifying mods for gw. I believe that a large portion of your customer base would be relieved to know that there is at least one area where the spirit of the game(look at 5 little pictures that contain an ample amount of info for you to choose your squad, then battle it out with ring and skill) remains as it was before modding.
    3. @J0K3R thanks man. I know you guys have a crappy job to do, but I appreciate your patience and understanding in ways that few of the people in the forums do.
    4. @EA_Jesse I appreciate the fact that you are communicating with us. You are walking a fine tight rope between the limitations of your job, the expectations of the players, the anger of the disenfranchised, and the knowledge that you cannot discuss things that are not set in stone because the players will be enraged if they find out a decision was made that they don't like. I also know that you are the voice of the people at ea. For that reason, even if you fail, please, for the love of sweet little 6 pound 5 ounce baby Jesus, voice the concerns of the community that we don't want more content right now, we have gotten plenty of new things already in the last few months. What we want, more than anything, is to have things balanced and harmonized to the point that we can pick up the game and play for a few minutes here and there throughout the day, and still feel awesome about it. New content (new raid, lvl cap, new chars, new modes) can be pushed back and we will all be exceedingly happy if you just say something along the lines of this:

"Sup dudes and dudettes,
    We hear you. We are temporarily shelving all new content development so we can bring all hands on deck to take a look at the state of the game, and we are putting all our resources into this. We will be looking at x,y, and these twelve things about z. We have brought in some volunteers for play testing, effectively tripling the size of our QA team, and we will be looking at the game from four angles: P2P, F2P, players who have been here a long time, and new players. Please be patient, and we will keep you posted on our observations and things we are tinkering with every so often. "

And then there will be silence as everyone holds their collective breath. And you will get a chance to repair major brand image damage and possibly come out as heroes, if you truly bring all resources to this.

We all want this game to succeed, the ones who are leaving want it most, and they are heartbroken at the way events have unfolded.

Sincerely,
    Emoney2zips

Ps @BentWookiee you are hilarious when you are enforcing the ToS - some of the things you have edited in the past two months have made me bust out laughing.
  • No rollback, far too many people already spent money to gain and gear up mods. Love how people look at things from a one sided view ><

Some tuning is needed, that's all.

GW is supposed to get harder as the game progresses. It's like it used to be as long as your farming mods like everyone else to keep up with the pack. It was months before I ever finished GW when I started, now I compete it everyday.
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »

So who is going to repay me if they do this? You?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    **** wrote: »
    If possible, A rollback would create some problems, but those are fixable.

But a rollback is the ONLY way to fix this mod debacle and SAVE the game .

Regardless, they should speak up on this possibility. Can it be done? Is it being considered?

Just put a end to this idea one way or the other without speculation.

Honestly if they rolled back mods, I might consider returning to game.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Maskarii wrote: »
    The Problem of a Rollback is that No One will give me my hundred's of Crystals and Millions of Credits plus my hundreds of Cantina Energie back!

I am not the only one who thinks a rollback would be the **** s idea of all.

They could. This is just an IT issue.

P.S. I precrafted. Want my mods to disappear.
  • Update with other concerns.
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Don't know if this is the place to say this, but I'm horrified that Raid VI/VII rancor raids are giving Tier VI/VII Mods. It used to be their only benefit was faster accumulation of the same raid gear we could get for Tier V, and Han Solo shards. Now it's the only way to get otherwise unattainable mods. I was hoping you would save the VI/VII mods for the reward for the Grevious Raid, giving everyone a chance to equalize with level V mods. Now, the gap between Guilds that raid T6/T7 and T5 is greatly increased.

I'm very disappointed with this particular issue.
  • I think they are in a no win situation. They do nothing any more people will quit. They nerf mods, people are going to quit due to paying for something that had it's value decimated in less than 36 hours. They do a full rollback, people will leave due to lost progress, money, gear, crystals, etc.

I was kinda hoping for a rollback myself initially, but as every hour that goes by, it becomes less and less of a possibility. They would of had to do the rollback really within the first 12 hours of this going sideways. If anything a better solution might be to return the mods to 100% drop rate from challenges and return them to the cheaper upgrade prices. Then flood all players with a ton of credits.

I think they might just figure have to figure out what option is going to hurt the game the least, and go with it. Hopefully they will learn from this and start thoroughly testing stuff with actual players before it goes live.
  • Hybridplug
    216 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Does no one on the boards realize how much RL money they may need to refund if they do a roll back? It's amazing no one here understands this from a business persoective.....wow.

I do also realize from a business perspective they will lose some players but all that can be done now are tweaks to what went live. A lot of people spent a lot of cash in a very short amount of time to get the new shiny mods quickly, can't just revert back in time, say sorry and send out some crystals to make up for it.

The cats already out of the bag....

*edited to correct spelling
  • It's pretty much this