Mods have destroyed Arena play - A possible fix...

PainTrain
10 posts Member
edited July 2016
Mods are so overwhelmingly powerful in how they impact toons that they have broken your balance in the game completely. When playing arena matches, if you do not have high level mods, you have no chance to climb or hold high level ranks. What's the point in always losing matches? And don't get me started on what it has done to GW. It's a rich get richer system right now. But I have a possible solution. Create a Ranked and Unranked arena system. The current pay out system stays the same and becomes the unranked matches. For ranked, make the payouts MUCH better so that all your whales will migrate to that system leaving the unranked for f2p and under geared/modded players. In the ranked rewards, give out high level mods, omega cores, g9+ pieces, character shards...The idea is that a level 100 ranked position should be more preferable than a top 10 unranked.

Your desire to extort money from your paying base with mods has destroyed you game play completely. As you can't undo your mess, you can at least contain the carnage. Hope this helps.
Post edited by PainTrain on

Replies

• Spyrogaming
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mods have destroyed the arena and the Galactic war, a few updates ago a combat balance was added to eliminate one shotting before you took your first turn unfortunetly mods reinstated that all over again not to mention dodge has gotten even worse, i just finished an arena battle and i didnt hit anyone even once they dodged left and right ( given that dooku was leader) another change is time constraint in the arena, mods make the characters very very tanky sometimes a total of 50-60k health ( prot included) thus making them very difficult to take out 5 min wont be enough before long, the last node on the GW is practically unbeatable as well unless the cap is raised again even with mods you barely do any damage, im not complaining im just giving results im getting
  • With the introduction of mods, they really need to do a recalculation of power for arena. It really means nothing (less than before). For instance, My old Ben has almost 7000 power and my Rey has 6000 power, yet Rey can do 6 times the damage. I go against arena teams who have listed power ratings similar to mine, yet their teams are extremely stronger than I am. The Power rating is even more worthless atm. This issue also extends to GW, assuming that there is a method to their madness there. Why a sub 80 player is going against maxed gear and modded 80's in the last few battles is beyond comprehension. And if you can somehow get past one, the rewards for doing so are paltry. The introduction of mods have basically given causal/f2p players an un-lubricated shaft up the you know what. The use of mods is a great idea, but each mod should have had only ONE thing it upgrades, and that, not too much. I have seen some top tear mods that add 5-10% to 5 categories. Multiply that by 6 mods and that is ridiculous. I really hope they sort this out soon, because this game has become less fun to play. And when a game isn't fun, its time to move on.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ya, certainly the timers in arena battles are ending your fight before you can finish because both teams are too tanky. Therefore the challenger loses by default. Everyone just needs to mod all the tank toons and wait for timers to run out to maintain their arena rank - no skill and waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I like mods. but a simplified version would be better as stated above by PainTrain.