AI heal/taunt threshold

Skye
795 posts Member
Over the past week.. instead of focuing a single enemy down... I've been spreading my damage between a number of targets recently...

Primarily because I usually have a jedi or two in my team so rather than essentially wasting an attack or damage on Sidious who is pretty much present in every team.. It's better to hit something else and do damage...

Most people will know that the AI won't throw out a heal unless someone on their team is around 40% or lower in health.. I'm not sure the exact percentage but I know it's not 50%.. That said, if three or more members are hovering around 50% health, the AI will chuck in a heal.

Interestingly when I started throwing my damage around and criticals haven't been in my favor, I noticed that Enemy Poe's doesn't always use his taunt on his first turn.. especially if no one has lost more than 10% health. I seen this also happen with Chewbacca, if by the time of his action, no one on his team has taken significant damage and no one has any negative status effects... he doesn't taunt..

This may be worth people experimenting with.. to find out what the exact taunt threshold is for the AI...

Bear in mind... I suspect negative status effects will cause the AI to use a taunt regardless of the damage you do.

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Options
    Hey fleshy bag of water,

One experiment you could run is to start beating on Poe or Chewbacca and see if they fire off their taunt. It would mean either the health percentage is not a factor, or at least only of many contributing inputs.

- Robotched
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Robotched wrote: »
    Hey fleshy bag of water,

One experiment you could run is to start beating on Poe or Chewbacca and see if they fire off their taunt. It would mean either the health percentage is not a factor, or at least only of many contributing inputs.

- Robotched

This would take time, cause it's not easy landing limited damage on either especially Chewbacca as he's very slow and a lot of people tend to use glass canons, so its rare to land less than 10% damage on everyone or anyone... Poe is easier cause you can just use a bunch of slower characters, from what I have seen he doesn't taunt.

One thing I do know for certain.. if you use characters (especially very low lvl ones) that can be defeated with the enemy teams basic attacks, they will use those over their special moves.

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    One thing I do know for certain.. if you use characters (especially very low lvl ones) that can be defeated with the enemy teams basic attacks, they will use those over their special moves.

In arena, campaign, or GW? Cause in GW I'll often send in 5 level 1s to blow Dooku's Lightning, followed by Sid's AOE on the remaining 4.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »

In arena, campaign, or GW? Cause in GW I'll often send in 5 level 1s to blow Dooku's Lightning, followed by Sid's AOE on the remaining 4.

Certainly not the arena! Who in their right mind sends in a very low lvl group into the arena if they have higher characters?

So yeah Galactic war... I should have said there is a tendency that the AI will opt for basic attacks over their specials if they can defeat them with their basic... It could all be random for all I know... But yes Sidious in particular will open up with his AOE regardless.. but there have been enough times with a low lvl squad.. he'll just hit one of my guys with his basic rather than his AOE. But I dunno if the ability rank of the Sidious has any influence on the AI choice of move tho, as I can not see the ability rank of the enemy Sidious..

Neither am I sure when the basic is used over the AOE if it is a player team or generic team. Anyhow that is beyond the scope of my original post

• Options
    I've also noticed if a healer is next to act and they are the focus of my next attack and are currently in the green but my attack puts them in Yellow or Red level, they still attack instead of heal (most of the time), kind of implying they don't take into account the most recent action. Of course, if there is more than 1 healer and I don't kill them, the other healer definitely throws a heal out.

I could have just been lucky maybe, haha. As far as the AI goes, I want to say it's got to be a little more detailed, like a Weighted Roll maybe for which abilities to use (i.e. taunt or attack as first action), it is always weird to me when a tank taunts when they are the only one left, so maybe it's not that deep.

There was some Reddit post from a Dev responding about the AI and he said something to the effect that they don't want the AI to be too smart because it would probably frustrate a lot of people. Also, if it did to the right thing every time, then one could just hit Auto on everything and never actually have to play the game, lol.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote: »
    I've also noticed if a healer is next to act and they are the focus of my next attack and are currently in the green but my attack puts them in Yellow or Red level, they still attack instead of heal (most of the time), kind of implying they don't take into account the most recent action. Of course, if there is more than 1 healer and I don't kill them, the other healer definitely throws a heal out.

This I think has a lot of weight, now that I think about some recent battles in the past few days

• Options
    This would take time, cause it's not easy landing limited damage on either especially Chewbacca as he's very slow and a lot of people tend to use glass canons, so its rare to land less than 10% damage on everyone or anyone... Poe is easier cause you can just use a bunch of slower characters, from what I have seen he doesn't taunt.

Hey squishy thing,

Consider the following. Take your own high level Chewbacca and run him alone on autopilot against some low level hard runs. He has no AOE so he'll need to individually kill every opponent. If the vastly superior artificial intelligence chooses to fire off taunt, you'll have your answer.

- Robotched