Did Games Workshop buy out EA?

Because this is seriously the most damage I have seen to player base since Age of Sigmar bludgeoned Warhamner fantasy to death. At least I didn't paint any of these toons lol.

Replies

• I don't know what any of that means so I'll just say yes.

Might as well act like a DEV.
  • This is SWG CU and NGE level of lack of forethought and understanding.
  • Lol it's a table top game with 30 years of history, fluff and backstory a wonderful IP. Then the main company just nuked the whole setting and invalidated armies to sell slightly less than they were before.
    Sort of like mods are destroying the existing player base and if they are lucky they will find a few new players to keep them afloat but will probably make less money than if they had just tweaked the existing model.
  • I just want to know the rationale behind this. One last cash grab because this game is underperforming?
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Yay, another Warhammer fan!

Similar backlash for similar reasons.
  • Yep, I had three fully painted armies haven't played since
  • Ironically, now I am playing imperial assault. Fantasy flight knows how to design games.
  • SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    Can we start a waaaaarrrgggghhhhhh?
  • A Waaaarrrggggghhhh! May be the only we to save this game!
  • Lol it's a table top game with 30 years of history, fluff and backstory a wonderful IP. Then the main company just nuked the whole setting and invalidated armies to sell slightly less than they were before.

What armies were invalidated?

What do you mean by "nuked the whole setting"?
  • Where are the tomb kings? Dwarves are unrecognizable, sig marines are dumb and the old world doesn't exist anymore and has been replaced by floating bubbles. Yeah I could still play with my vampire counts, but why would I? The character and fluff is gone and the rules are made for **** children. That said if you wish to purchase a vampire count, beastmen or Dogs of War Army let me know.
  • They completely changed the aesthetic so the old models look nothing like the new models. Kings of War is actually closser to Warhammer Fantasy than Age of Sigmar
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Try out ninth age! My group had given up on fantasy completely after age of sigmar. Ninth age was really fun and got us back into it again. Rules are free online too!

But yeah it's not as bad as gw(games workshop) yet, but I am starting to wonder.
  • I'll give it a look!