Paying for Shards on 7* Characters

I was wondering what EA is going to do for people who have 7* characters that are receiving shards for those characters out of premium packs. I think it's pretty messed up that EA didn't already account for this problem before hand.

Replies

• I should clarify, I understand they are working on this issue, but what is their proposed solution?
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    good question, maybe when you start getting too many extra shards with no use, stop spending money on the packs, just an idea.

edited: they smiling while you waste your money
  • Well the shard exchange is supposed to fix this, but I'll bet you anything it doesn't help as much as people are expecting/hoping. I would be very surprised if its a 1 for 1 ratio. I'm expecting something like 5 for 1 with the excuse being that you get to pick your shard ( if you can pick your shard ), if its for shards at all, might be for crystals.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Well the shard exchange is supposed to fix this, but I'll bet you anything it doesn't help as much as people are expecting/hoping. I would be very surprised if its a 1 for 1 ratio. I'm expecting something like 5 for 1 with the excuse being that you get to pick your shard ( if you can pick your shard ), if its for shards at all, might be for crystals.

5 for 1 seems really horrible. I hope not.
  • I can't see a shard exchange happening anytime soon with how slowly cg is putting out content.

They can't even fix the major bugs... :'(
  • If they do it it would probably be like breetai wrote. Otherwise I could get luminara shards from gw and exchange them for anything i want since i have her at 7* already. Or maybe they should limit the exchange at 3/day or something.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    You'll probably be able to exchange 2 or 3 shards for 1 random shard. Which may also be for a character you have completed.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah if you think you're getting 1 for 1 you're in for a rude surprise. Not only would it enable people to farm GW characters for chromium characters, essentially removing any chromium only toons, it would also mean anyone who has invested a certain amount of money could 7* every character in the game just by transferring shards from maxed out toons to ones they didn't get. That would completely dry up their whale income.

It's not like people who got the extra shards didn't know what would happen when they got them after 7*. Or at least they would have known the first time it happened. If you kept buying them then that's on you.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    It's not like people who got the extra shards didn't know what would happen when they got them after 7*. Or at least they would have known the first time it happened. If you kept buying them then that's on you.
    good question, maybe when you start getting too many extra shards with no use, stop spending money on the packs, just an idea.

edited: they smiling while you waste your money

The thing is guys, you want them to fix issues that prevent people from buying. People like me subsidize the game for people like you.
  • At least one similar styled game I know of allows for shard exchanges....there's an entirely new market with one exclusive character and a bunch of gear. If EA/CG is smart, they'll do something along those lines here. The bonus shards get sold for a new currency, and the new currency gets the new gear or new shards.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.