Proposal: No one shot kills?

What would be the implications of removing the possibility of having a character 1-shotted? Rather, the character would be reduced to 1 health and could then be killed by any further damage. Thoughts?

Replies

• My only issue with one shot kills is when its the fast characters ( Leia, qgj example ), the ones that can one shot but are slow ( FOTP, maul, ig 88 in the right builds ) I'm fine with.

I think it should be fixed to where your fast attackers are the supporting characters ( bane, phasma, poe, daka, sid I know some are but making a point ) while the hard hitters are slower, giving time for them to be killed before they attack ( Leia, qgj can o e shot with his special )
  • So you are asking to nerf the glass cannons? Sometimes that shot is the only shot they get. :/
  • No. If I can't one shot Kylo he's then going to get major damage buffs to decimate my team if he's left on 1 health.
  • I was just in Arena and Leia one shot 4 chars, all alone. She stealthed, then did four attacks in a row doing 4x, two normal and two assists. Each time she sid over 12k damage. This is much worst than Bader 7* altgough not at all the owners faul. Hey if I buy abcar and it seems to go 0-60mpg in 2 seconds, I won't complain or ask for details. But everyone knows she is acting like a b** when defending. FOTP also does some amazing 3x out of spec.
  • No. If I can't one shot Kylo he's then going to get major damage buffs to decimate my team if he's left on 1 health.
    You're not supposed to be able to 1 shot Kylo. Mine has 12.3k HP at 7 stars.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Breetai wrote: »
    My only issue with one shot kills is when its the fast characters ( Leia, qgj example ), the ones that can one shot but are slow ( FOTP, maul, ig 88 in the right builds ) I'm fine with.

I think it should be fixed to where your fast attackers are the supporting characters ( bane, phasma, poe, daka, sid I know some are but making a point ) while the hard hitters are slower, giving time for them to be killed before they attack ( Leia, qgj can o e shot with his special )

I could get behind this on the premiss that both sides could set up their buffs etc. thats more realistic. And could add alot more strategy maybe. This allows each team to operate/start the battle at optimal strength/synergy.
    Great idea but...........
    I wont get behind it simply because it would involve a complete rework on toons some p have spent small fortunes to build up. I just dokt like the idea of a nerf after the purchase. To me its just not rite. A slight balance or fix? Sure but a full on nerf/rework is wrong unless its really nescessary as in the case of mace windu
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    It's funny how we all want weak heroes to be strengthened, but extremely powerful heroes to remain extremely powerful.

There has to be some give and take. You can't have an FOTP who at 7* has what, 12k hp? Also crits twice for a ton? That seems unbalanced.

Another thing to remember. The reason people spend small fortunes getting certain characters (and not others) is because they are far and away better than anything else. If their wasn't this massive discrepancy between a couple characters and the rest of them, then they wouldn't have spent all this money on them. So it's hard to use financial spending on determining if a character should be left alone or not.
  • I pretty much hate hate the idea. Forcing a second action is somewhat silly in my opinion. I've had Rey buffed to the hilt before and saved some fairly beefy hero's for her third ability. If she can 1 shot Kylo with advatage, offense up, and crit up while using her third ability then so be it. I spent a significant amount of energy farming her up to 6*, and significant time in the match to get her buffed up.

If you're simply stating that some hero's do too much damage then sure I can get on board with that, but forcing a second action is a bad bandaid to the issue you're really getting at.