Why You Complaining?

Prev1
If you are posting that you've spent hundreds of dollars in the last couple of days for mods and you're not getting what you wanted. What the heck are you complainin about? You either obviously have a good income, as I do to working in the oilfield for 10 years now, or are completely oblivious to your level of income and budget.

MEANING: If you're whining about the money you spent on mods, Maybe you didn't have the money to spend to begin with.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

Replies

• we didnt have the money to spend on them, we were promised one thing liked it, wanted on the boat, spent money because they said wed get a wonderful boat. were on the boat and magically it gets turned into a Row boat and told . hey shut up and like it.

You're NOT Leonardo Dicaprio and this isn't the Titanic. You all have made your bed, now lay in it.
    Yes, I understand consumerism and getting what you've paid for. It's just that I have read SO MANY post AND comments of people saying they've spent their last $200 - $300 on mods. WTH. Who raised these people?
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    You are being ignorant. These games are designed on the same weaknesses that gamblers have in terms of impulse control. You are being disingenuous as you don't seem to understand basic behavioral patterns. I am a lucky few that have good impulse control. Games likes this do prey on those who have addiction problems. The least they could do is test before they pull this chit. You really shouldn't post anymore.
  • What they mean is that had $200 spare and decided to use it on mods instead of anything else... Like go and see a movie for example

So they spend the money and within 24 hours the item that they have bought is not worth $200
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • KennyKonif wrote: »
    we didnt have the money to spend on them, we were promised one thing liked it, wanted on the boat, spent money because they said wed get a wonderful boat. were on the boat and magically it gets turned into a Row boat and told . hey shut up and like it.

You're NOT Leonardo Dicaprio and this isn't the Titanic. You all have made your bed, now lay in it.
    Yes, I understand consumerism and getting what you've paid for. It's just that I have read SO MANY post AND comments of people saying they've spent their last $200 - $300 on mods. WTH. Who raised these people?

The force is weak with this one.

• ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    If you are posting that you've spent hundreds of dollars in the last couple of days for mods and you're not getting what you wanted. What the heck are you complainin about? You either obviously have a good income, as I do to working in the oilfield for 10 years now, or are completely oblivious to your level of income and budget.

MEANING: If you're whining about the money you spent on mods, Maybe you didn't have the money to spend to begin with.

I don't care if I had spent money, mods went from "Team Strategy" to "Early Gear 12"
  • bologne wrote: »
    You are being ignorant. These games are designed on the same weaknesses that gamblers have in terms of impulse control. You are being disingenuous as you don't seem to understand basic behavioral patterns. I am a lucky few that have good impulse control. Games likes this do prey on those who have addiction problems. The least they could do is test before they pull this chit. You really shouldn't post anymore.

Gambling ahhhh....I see ur point. NOT REALLY. We as humans, have landed a man on the moon in the 60's (questionable to some), split the atom, and gave the ability of a big yellow bird to count to 12 with a count Dracula. But here we have individuals spending there last 200-300 $ on a mobile app. Where is the logic in that. Yes, I understand addiction as I was once an alcoholic and my former fiancé a drug user. But to spend your physical well being on a mobile app vs. providing for your family? COME ON
    we didnt have the money to spend on them, we were promised one thing liked it, wanted on the boat, spent money because they said wed get a wonderful boat. were on the boat and magically it gets turned into a Row boat and told . hey shut up and like it.

In this country, U.S.A. we are promised MANY things. But you should be able to see through the smoke and mirrors. Juse like deciding to purchase this vehicle or that one. You gotta get your head out of the donkey to make the right desicion.

Yes, CG and the Devs have had some faults with implementation of new stuff to the game. But they have also done what they can to appease us. It's like your all getting **** at wal-mart, because it's your favorite place to shop and they advertised ur favorite peanut butter (Peter pan) on sale and no longer have it. BUT, you know they're gonna offer a rain check or substitute, just like here.
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    bologne wrote: »

Gambling ahhhh....I see ur point. NOT REALLY. We as humans, have landed a man on the moon in the 60's (questionable to some), split the atom, and gave the ability of a big yellow bird to count to 12 with a count Dracula. But here we have individuals spending there last 200-300 $ on a mobile app. Where is the logic in that. Yes, I understand addiction as I was once an alcoholic and my former fiancé a drug user. But to spend your physical well being on a mobile app vs. providing for your family? COME ON

In this country, U.S.A. we are promised MANY things. But you should be able to see through the smoke and mirrors. Juse like deciding to purchase this vehicle or that one. You gotta get your head out of the donkey to make the right desicion.

Yes, CG and the Devs have had some faults with implementation of new stuff to the game. But they have also done what they can to appease us. It's like your all getting **** at wal-mart, because it's your favorite place to shop and they advertised ur favorite peanut butter (Peter pan) on sale and no longer have it. BUT, you know they're gonna offer a rain check or substitute, just like here.

Seriously? A peanut butter reference?

It's actually more like being shown a Cadilac, and taking it out for a test drive.

You love it, so you pay the asking price (not allowed to barter) You take it home and cruise around for a day.

The next day, you wake up to find out that the company has replaced your new Caddy with a Pontiac Sunfire.

Now shut up and like it! Says everyone riding the busses for free and not even paying the tiny fare for that!

That's actually a lot closer than your peanut butter horse pucky. Closer.
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Just cause i have lots of money to spare doesn't mean i don't value it. I paid for powerful mods. Why?
    Remember pre craft? Last time i didn't do it and nothing was done about .. i didn't want to be in the same position this time so i spent.

Is not that it was my last money, is that they took it and also took away the things I paid for. Just cause i have lots of money doesn't mean I'm stupid.

I don't mind the new mods, i didn't mind the last mods, i don't mind the potency.

I DO MIND WHEN IM BEING ROBBED !!!!!
  • dough
    641 posts Member

Your insights are incredible, please sign me up for your newsletter at once.

• Totally agree OP. Everyone playing this game knows things get changed, especially when something is so clearly wrong as was the case with mods.

However, even if people did spend on them, it's not at all like they're now useless! Just because they're not ridiculously overpowered, does not mean the money has been wasted. Get over yourselves complainers - you knew you were taking advantage of a broken system; you have no right to complain when it gets fixed.
  • colo
    38 posts Member
    I complain because i spend cristals/credits on someting i wouldn't have spend on now.

I was ok to spend ressources for mods when released. For current mod i wouldn't have spend as much.
    Since there were no clues to guess that mods will be patched 1 day after release, i was confident.

Now i know features can't be trusted because it's not the first time (yoda's event and kit fisto's event for example)
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    We paid for advertised Porsche, got Skoda delivered.

Thank you for reminding me why I am taking my money and playing elsewhere. You are the player EA is looking for a free to play reactionary complainer. Congrats on getting rid of mods and to driving away actually paying customers the result being the eventual decline of the game.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I do not agree with the way the OP worded it.

But essentially, you did get what you paid for. The mods are still a major, major power boost. Greater than a gear level. Greater than a promotion. Greater than any single omega ability, pretty much.

They are a huge bargain. Nothin better. Mods are still sliced bread. And they are 3 times as rare and twice as expensive, now. So who in their right mind would demand a refund?

I don't believe any single person out there will give up ALL their mods for a complete refund. They just want free credits and crystals, and to KEEP their mods. Period.

The people who geared and leveled certain toons because of potency mods, there is the legitimate complaint. And they got screwed. But even they knew that changes to mods were coming. How many people really spent their raid gear on such thin ice, in the midst of all this complaining? Maybe a few whales with tons of raid gear lying around.

The guys who spent saved up crystals and credits on mods... they got a bargain. If I could go back two days, I would have spent all my creds on leveling mods.
  • ChrisZovy wrote: »

Thank you for reminding me why I am taking my money and playing elsewhere. You are the player EA is looking for a free to play reactionary complainer. Congrats on getting rid of mods and to driving away actually paying customers the result being the eventual decline of the game.

Actually I'm not F2P. BUT, I haven't spent a dime for over 2 1/2 months. I make 6 figures a year , only working half the year. My complaint or concern is these fellas saying they "Spent there last $2000-300 on there energy.

If you're to be doing that, fine but understand you're not the only one trying to figure it all out.
  • ChrisZovy wrote: »

And NO, I'm not complaining about ANYTHING, other then these whiny little b.itches (female dog) about the game. The same ones complaining are the same ones truly not knowing what's going on in the world.
  • colo wrote: »
    I complain because i spend cristals/credits on someting i wouldn't have spend on now.

I was ok to spend ressources for mods when released. For current mod i wouldn't have spend as much.
    Since there were no clues to guess that mods will be patched 1 day after release, i was confident.

Now i know features can't be trusted because it's not the first time (yoda's event and kit fisto's event for example)
    Like you said, it's not the first time, so there were your clues that this would happen. They were so clearly breaking the game - to think they wouldn't get patched was very naïve.
    bologne wrote: »

This is just straight up strange as F.
  • Darthmall
    42 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry quoted a good guy by accident!
    Post edited by Darthmall on

Perhaps you are ok with going to Eddie Merlot ordering steak, receiving a big mac and being charged $150 for it, but most arent.

Mods came out and yes they were broken but absolutely no response was made about changing them. The only official post made was they were lowering the drop rate. Nothing was said about nerf in them to something more reasonable.

Mods released. Omg this is insane. This is going to change everything . Should I invest or wait and possibly get left behind?

Over a day rolls by, an official post is released, hey now that you're over your sticker shock, we think mods are good, but we are dropping the rate at which you can get them. Hmmm should I invest or wait and possibly get left behind?

Troll somewhere else bud. Anyone who could invest in mods but didn't would be a fool after cg posted essentially signing off that mods were here to stay. For them to come in afterwards and nerf them and offer zero compensation is junk. People deserve their money/credits/crystals back.
  • This game is a stock market. People invested huge in the first days of mods, got huge rewards for those days.
    Then the market came back to earth.
    F2P just suffered for a few days, is now laughing at all the wasted money.
    Hope some people saved money for Kleenex cause there are a lot of tears
  • colo
    38 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    colo wrote: »

Like you said, it's not the first time, so there were your clues that this would happen. They were so clearly breaking the game - to think they wouldn't get patched was very naïve.

Rey did break the game and it isn't patched yet.
  • This is the most **** premise for a thread I've seen. A persons available funds is beside the point. If a billionaire buys a Ferrari and overnight, Ferrari mechanics sneak into his garage and replaces that 500hp engine with a broken 4 cylinder and a note saying that this is what you paid for, what do you think that billionaire with so much burnable money would do? Say "oh well"?

Are you that dense?
  • This is the most **** premise for a thread I've seen. A persons available funds is beside the point. If a billionaire buys a Ferrari and overnight, Ferrari mechanics sneak into his garage and replaces that 500hp engine with a broken 4 cylinder and a note saying that this is what you paid for, what do you think that billionaire with so much burnable money would do? Say "oh well"?

Are you that dense?
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    This game is a stock market. People invested huge in the first days of mods, got huge rewards for those days.
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    I spent like maybe $60 on this game for crystals since mods appeared. I realize EA isnt going to refund that money to my account however, since they altered the product I purchased. I feel they should atleast refund me in the game. My opinion of what they did is a classic bait and switch tactic. There are laws that protect consumers from such tactics. I believe they are regulated by the FTC I will be looking in to it more this afternoon.
    I just want whats fair and I'm willing to settle on a scenerio where you can keep the $60 but i get my in game crystals and credits refunded and keep my current mods. If you can rollback vader and credits on accounts of people who exploited on raids you easily find out what I spent in the last week and refund that. Finally as an act of goodwill i ask you alter the refresh rate of cantina energy to something along the line of normal energy for the next 2 weeks in an effort to say I'm sorry to your player base for this blunder.

Just like my Asian Uncle Obvious Lee, all of you are missing my point. It has nothing to do with spent crystals or credits, but to individuals stating they've spent there last $200-300 on this game for mods. How stuuuupid is that ?
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    This is the most **** premise for a thread I've seen. A persons available funds is beside the point. If a billionaire buys a Ferrari and overnight, Ferrari mechanics sneak into his garage and replaces that 500hp engine with a broken 4 cylinder and a note saying that this is what you paid for, what do you think that billionaire with so much burnable money would do? Say "oh well"?

Are you that dense?
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    This game is a stock market. People invested huge in the first days of mods, got huge rewards for those days.
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    I spent like maybe $60 on this game for crystals since mods appeared. I realize EA isnt going to refund that money to my account however, since they altered the product I purchased. I feel they should atleast refund me in the game. My opinion of what they did is a classic bait and switch tactic. There are laws that protect consumers from such tactics. I believe they are regulated by the FTC I will be looking in to it more this afternoon.
    I just want whats fair and I'm willing to settle on a scenerio where you can keep the $60 but i get my in game crystals and credits refunded and keep my current mods. If you can rollback vader and credits on accounts of people who exploited on raids you easily find out what I spent in the last week and refund that. Finally as an act of goodwill i ask you alter the refresh rate of cantina energy to something along the line of normal energy for the next 2 weeks in an effort to say I'm sorry to your player base for this blunder.

Just like my Asian Uncle Obvious Lee, all of you are missing my point. It has nothing to do with spent crystals or credits, but to individuals stating they've spent there last $200-300 on this game for mods. How stuuuupid is that ?

What people do with the money they earn has nothing to do with you.

These people spending their earned cash keeps the game going for you, please respect that.