Shard Inconsistencies

Why is it that while using data cards, if I receive a character that I already own I only get 7 or 12 shards for them? If the game was going to give me a character worth let's say 25 shards, shouldn't I get that many shards as compensation for owning that character? Basically I'm being penalized for already owning the character instead of getting the same reward as someone who didn't already own them. Doesn't seem very fair to me.

Replies

• I agree.
  • Characters break down into a certain amount of shards based on their starting star level. This will always be the case. For example, if you already own Ahsoka and open a pack to reveal another Ahsoka you'll receive 15 shards.

1star = 7 shards
    2 star = 15 shards
    3 star = 25 shards
    4 star = 32 shards

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • IMHO, if you open a pack and get a character you already have, it should just add +1 star to that person. No shards. Honestly, it does seem you get penalized. I'd much rather not have the toon, than get a small percentage of shards (ok, not a %, a fixed amount, but at 4 star, what's 32 shards when you need 65. Not even half?).
  • I agree. If I was lucky enough to get a 4* toon, I should get 65 shards if toon is already unlocked. Especially considering how rare the drops are.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    They give you half of required shards to upgrade the next level.... rounded down

really annoying

i have a ton a "only missing one shard"'to upgrade

it should be rounded up; not rounded down
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Characters break down into a certain amount of shards based on their starting star level. This will always be the case. For example, if you already own Ahsoka and open a pack to reveal another Ahsoka you'll receive 15 shards.

1star = 7 shards
    2 star = 15 shards
    3 star = 25 shards
    4 star = 32 shards

Not the case, I don't recall ever getting 15 shards, only 7 and 12. And you didn't address the issue; the game was going to give me the toon but I already owned them. So why didn't I receive the same amount of shards that the toon is valued at when it drops for those that didn't already own them? It's like going to the store and they're out of a sale item, instead of offering something of equal value as a substitute, they offer something valued at half the price. You don't get your money's worth and eventually you stop shopping there.

I don't mean to sound negative, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Just my two cents (or more depending on if I bought crystals). Thanks for responding EA_Jesse.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Characters break down into a certain amount of shards based on their starting star level. This will always be the case. For example, if you already own Ahsoka and open a pack to reveal another Ahsoka you'll receive 15 shards.

1star = 7 shards
    2 star = 15 shards
    3 star = 25 shards
    4 star = 32 shards

Not the case, I don't recall ever getting 15 shards, only 7 and 12. And you didn't address the issue; the game was going to give me the toon but I already owned them. So why didn't I receive the same amount of shards that the toon is valued at when it drops for those that didn't already own them? It's like going to the store and they're out of a sale item, instead of offering something of equal value as a substitute, they offer something valued at half the price. You don't get your money's worth and eventually you stop shopping there.

I don't mean to sound negative, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Just my two cents (or more depending on if I bought crystals). Thanks for responding EA_Jesse.

exactly

why give us less???