Goodbye mods, we shall never see your light again - long rant warning

I loved the super OP mods. They were so so fun. Flame me for that if you want i dont mind. Everyone was usable, different teams were in my shard, and you didnt have to take months to star a character to use him. Scoundrel, mod challenges, all the boring pvp was simple. Rey was walking through GW alone with her basic until the last node and i didnt have to spend an hour doing it. I wanted to see someones vader hit for a mill. Obviously they were never meant to stick around like that i mean it was so obviously their plan. The whole point of developing a game is so that its balanced and nothing is super OP but my god is it fun to play a game with stuff that is super OP... It didnt even seem too bad to be honest and it seemed like it could have balanced out. Thats why i don’t fully understand a lot of the backlash - i understand that generally the people making the game are terrible, terrible people, we can all agree on that, even probably themselves, but i was locked into the game enjoying mods (before nerf) like they probably expected everyone to be. I think the trouble is everyone was just generally fed up of their trash. I get why whales were moaning, but sorry, if you have spent so much on this game 1. what are you doing 2. you should know CG = **** x chairman mao 3. you could have just spent a fraction more or waited a week to just have the mods and be slightly less better than everyone else again 4. It was just so fun playing with the OP mods. For me, the only way the game was in any way worse was that some people couldnt get in on raids. call for that to be sorted out, not the super fun mods making everyone crit for 10million. I’m just bored now after the mods were so fun and now were back to the old grind.

Everyone on the forum, I know i just said why i liked the mods, but its pointless fighting each other as they were never going to be around for long anyway, this was always their plan. Its not about how we moaned about the mods and that got them to nerf them, they could care less about what you say. Fighting each other is completely pointless. They release ridiculous mods so people spend a lot on cantina energy then nerf them silly. You cannot possibly get it wrong by mistake to the extent where they nerfed the mods by about 5-10 times. You cannot possibly be developing this game and not understand that what you are doing is changing it completely. The game became more about mods than characters. It was more about what mods you had than who you had. You simply can’t be making a game and not understand what this was doing, come on. We all understood in about two seconds, as soon as you saw rey critting for 30k with 60k protection. Its a quick cash grab, not the first. Everything they’ve done so far proves they don’t care about the effect of this game on people’s lives at all, like absolute zero, and it does have one, and they know it. GW taking too long? No credits to level anyone up? Got a problem with the way they are bending you over? Want to make a point about it? Here put it in this megathread with 5000 comments in it so no one can give a **** about it. This isnt CG or EA's (dont know, dont care) only game and they know the formula that equals your pockets. They are what they are and they are the enemy. They got backlash about the mods so they nerf the drop rate and tier of the mods before they do anything else, and woopty doo people will spend even more to get them. Perfect move for them… Making them more scarce gets everyone to absolutely freak out to another level about how unfair it is (TEMPORARILY!!!) so they can save face and say look we are trying and we are listening to you and nerf them quickly, within a day. They do not care what you say. It affects them but only if what we are saying affects their pockets - there is no communication because they don’t care, they never say anything, and coinkydink, only now do we receive some messages from them, and quickly, because people are quitting. They just manipulate the game to manipulate you to go straight for your wallet. They are truly awful people, all freemium games are run by awful people this one is just perhaps less popular so they feel they can screw with people as much as they want.

I do reckon they were forced into nerfing them sooner than expected because of the backlash and everyone quitting, im sure they are panicking a bit now as a lot of people don’t really give a **** any more, hence the (relative) speed they updated with. I don’t really care any more and may just not play today as I’m bored post mod nerf. They would have loved to have had a week or two, at least, of people just blowing cash on cantina refills, but people were actually leaving so they had to do something. There aren’t too many as far as i can see but anyone saying the devs are trying their best please stop. Whenever they release an update don’t trust it and see through it. I haven’t re-read this post as its massive so it could be riddled with crap. Rant over.

I hope I am banned for this, and i'll just put it on reddit. I could literally care less, I will be a martyr for the community. I’m leonidas in the 300 when he just stands still with all those arrows coming at him and gets absolutely pelted, I just don’t know how to put up those GIFs.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    As i said in a previous post... it was like having a gameplay of 365 days and skip to day 364...

Didnt read all you post... if your banned and um get speared as you say... bye
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Forum is full of babies just like the one above me. So what did you expect OP? Mods didn't even get a chance and now they are worhtless...i know this because Leia does the same damage in raids as she did pre-mods. And that is with 4 offense mods on her. That's that!
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Forum is full of babies just like the one above me. So what did you expect OP? Mods didn't even get a chance and now they are worhtless...i know this because Leia does the same damage in raids as she did pre-mods. And that is with 4 offense mods on her. That's that!

I think because they found people actually solo an entire tier 7 raid with mods, they buffed the raids difficulty. This was before they nerfed mods. Now they need to readjust.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    As i said in a previous post... it was like having a gameplay of 365 days and skip to day 364...

Didnt read all you post... if your banned and um get speared as you say... bye

LOOOL i want to get speared tbh

Do you like skipping to 364 or not? Because I loved it
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Forum is full of babies just like the one above me.!

Excuse me ?

Ahhh sorry forgot how much big boys can be on the internet
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »

I think because they found people actually solo an entire tier 7 raid with mods, they buffed the raids difficulty. This was before they nerfed mods. Now they need to readjust.

Leia does same damage with 4 offense mods on her and Rey does the same damage as pre mods with only 2 offense mods on her. I mean it's clear to me that mods are useless, it's not the raid.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Forum is full of babies just like the one above me.!

Excuse me ?

Why what did you do? Cry yourself to sleep because your gear was obsolete? Happens to the best of us.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    When did i cry ? When did i say my gear was obsolete ?

Maybe you should get your facts straight before trying to be a typical kid on the internet playing im a big boy cause its a screen not a person infront of me..
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah i have to say, it was really a minor deal, just get the mods and enjoy, but dont blame people that asked to nerf mods for the nerf, it was always going to happen
  • Options
    I was having a lot of fun with it. People didn't seem to get really outraged until they made them have drop rates, raised the leveling price, then on top of that nerfed potency.

Yes, potency is nerfed. Turn meter removal doesn't work in raids anymore unless you mod characters that worked fine previously (Teebo, Captain Phasma).
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @WhaleKiller1 yeah thats kind of my point, I think they nerfed the drop rates and raise the price literally just to annoy everyone, so they could nerf it really quickly before too many people quit and not look like the biggest ****. I dont think they understand that we already know they are the worst
  • Options
    FOTP was beast again. It was awesome. Was....
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @WhaleKiller1 yeah thats kind of my point, I think they nerfed the drop rates and raise the price literally just to annoy everyone, so they could nerf it really quickly before too many people quit and not look like the biggest ****. I dont think they understand that we already know they are the worst

That was a **** move from them and i am sorry i fell for that.