Tanks with taunts are a joke...

2Next

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »
    Why must a tank have high HP? I don't understand where this thinking comes from. Armor, resists, HP, tenacity, and evasion all effect how much damage a target can take.

If you are looking at game terms in general, the Tank of the group is the one who gets out in front, grabs all aggro and is able to take it. Most of the time, they do less damage than the others. What you are talking about with Armor, Resists, Tenacity, and Evasion all help with this but if the Tank can't take at least 1-2 rounds of concentrated attacks, then he is not a traditional Tank.

Chewie, in early game, works well as a tank as he can take the hits and even self-heal. I haven't used Poe enough to see how he performs, I still have a lot of updating to do on him.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Why must a tank have high HP? I don't understand where this thinking comes from. Armor, resists, HP, tenacity, and evasion all effect how much damage a target can take.

If you are looking at game terms in general, the Tank of the group is the one who gets out in front, grabs all aggro and is able to take it. Most of the time, they do less damage than the others. What you are talking about with Armor, Resists, Tenacity, and Evasion all help with this but if the Tank can't take at least 1-2 rounds of concentrated attacks, then he is not a traditional Tank.

Chewie, in early game, works well as a tank as he can take the hits and even self-heal. I haven't used Poe enough to see how he performs, I still have a lot of updating to do on him.

Chewie is the only tank in the game. When normal characters have twice as much HP as a tank at the same level, that's a problem.
  • Krix wrote: »
    Hey. I played 5 weeks and invested about 200 dollars. Most i ever spent on a game. (been playing since C64, yes I'm old)
    All I'm saying is the value of the game is very tainted. You pay alot for nothing. It's all based on luck or rich ppl who don't care what the end total price is.

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten you guys should read this.
  • fives is always my last standing member he has 12.6k hp at 5 star i think thats a decent tank

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Five is not a good tank for the same reason that Boba is not a good tank: no taunt, which means he can be ignored by the other team. The AI is dumb and may attack him anyway, but no player will until everyone else is dead. This means he provides no protection to other characters, and cannot fill his role properly.
    I like Fives and am starring him up but have no illusions he will be of much use as a tank.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
    Hey. I played 5 weeks and invested about 200 dollars. Most i ever spent on a game. (been playing since C64, yes I'm old)
    All I'm saying is the value of the game is very tainted. You pay alot for nothing. It's all based on luck or rich ppl who don't care what the end total price is.

You seem to be raging becuase you invested in the wrong toons and now you get woop by a Ewok team.

You seem to be raging becuase you invested in the wrong toons and now you get woop by a Ewok team.
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Krix wrote: »

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten you guys should read this.
    They won't read it and shouldn't read it. If a f2p is wooping you and you spend 200 dollars, it means you should have strategize better and it's your fault. I lost 5k gems and i blame myself for gambleing in chrome, which is what this player most likely did.