Road to recovery.

I'd like to preface this by saying, please try and keep the anger and pointless ranting out of this thread. There will always be "but what about(s)?" and "yeah, but(s)" in any situation.

Firstly, I'd like to say I feel good about the recovery update. In my personal opinion this is what the update should have been originally.

The intention of mods from my perspective, are to create an ability for the user to just "touch-up" certain fan-favorite toons. Countless threads about "re-works", "buff the toons, don't nerf them", etc all were the influence for the mod system. This is customization at it's core. Freedom really, to increase exactly what YOU want, and not what "they just did, hope you like it." Albeit, they did a pretty good job with the likes of Ashoka, Anakin, GS, Royal Guard, etc. Realistically, everyone wanted someone to be improved on, and this was their solution.

The original update allowed for gross mutations which was counterproductive as we all witnessed the past 2 days. As the mass majority agreed, right idea but wrong execution.

So I woke up this morning and turned on my SWGOH. I was able to complete my Galactic War, moved back to sub-top 20 in arena, beat a few mod challenges, and to be honest it all felt pretty fair. I had fun.

Mods now feel paced parallel to the gear system. It will take some time. It will take some effort. Not all my toons are expected to be geared X & XI and MODs all at 5-dot max. This is now something to aim for, and I like that. While I'm working on this, I'm not getting wrecked by a mutated Rey & IG-86 to the point of frustration, I can still compete and feel hopeful instead of helpless.

Love the SIM options, love the fast-button to Guilds, not a huge fan of the red background for the DS toons, I still end up in the MOD battles screen when trying to hit the "characters" button (really should re-position that), love the new dynamic to the game overall.

The game doesn't feel out of control any more, and I like that.

This is essentially for the devs to read, since I'm sure they lost hair AND sleep over the past few days, and would probably be refreshing to read a thread outside of "you owe me crystals and credits." After all, these are men and women, working, and doing their best; Human beings. This is their job, and their passion, and I guarantee you they don't wake up every day wondering how to screw things up. It's in their best interest to do well, hit the numbers (it is a corporate gig at the end of the day), and maybe if one or two see some grandure, they get a pay raise to cover daycare costs, or maybe even enough to do their own startup that has been their dream.

So at the end of the day, guys, gals, I like the update. I will continue to play your game because I had fun this morning playing it. For a gasoline fueled fire, heck of a hot fix.

*in Forest Gump voice* "That's all I have to say about that."

Replies

• Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    How can you say it allows you to use fan favorite characters when you can't even improve upon their weaknesses because everything is % based. You can't improve a low value with percentages. This update just allows you to make the stats characters are strong in stronger.
  • Well said, @K_G0sling. You've summarized my feelings on the matter. I personally went from despairing over the state of the game for the last two days to having fun again. I genuinely look forward to building a mod supply that will support the strategies I want to try out. I have hope for SWGOH again.
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    What I really dig about mods is that I can now control who goes first with speed mods. Something I wouldn't have been allowed to before.
    I want HK to go before 88. I can make him do that now.

And that's just one tiny thing. There are SO many more optimizations to do now.