FO Stormtrooper big D award.

Dude i made an alt that's all non-named characters (minus phasma but she looks like a stormtrooper). Anyways, FO ST is ridiculous. His special sucks but man his dps from basic is legit great, he's TANKY, easy to gear, has counter attack which makes him awesome at 1v1. He's like a baby dooku even at 2* he has more HP than HAN ST 4*.

Replies

• So... Who would u replace him for? Dooku, naw. Han? Naw, no taunt, can't force hits.

Maybe a full team of counters?
  • Big defense?
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    WompRat wrote: »
    So... Who would u replace him for? Dooku, naw. Han? Naw, no taunt, can't force hits.

Maybe a full team of counters?

Not dooku but i'm saying even at 2* he's amazing. Would i trade him up for han? Depends if i need a taunt b/c of a fragile character. If i have a team full of high hp medium dps, i see more use in FO ST. HIs dps is great, and i find him winning many 1v1's against people like Sid and luminara.

I have Fives also, Both of them counter so much that aoe's cost the attacker more than they do against my team. Possibly, 5's dooku and FO ST would be a cool team. Add another counter and a healer and you have a solid medium/high dmg team.
  • My 2* is not amazing.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Rutank wrote: »
    I have Fives also, Both of them counter so much that aoe's cost the attacker more than they do against my team. Possibly, 5's dooku and FO ST would be a cool team. Add another counter and a healer and you have a solid medium/high dmg team.
    Kylo also has a counter, somehow.
  • He's nice for DS, some challenges and perhaps early GW, but he's just not useful enough in later GW or arena. I was pleasantly surprised when I unlocked him. However, his special ability is pretty bad since he's best with Phasma, so you'll get advantage that way. You do have a point that he's kind of nice because he isn't worth attacking and has a lot of HP, so he may be both your last toon and have a counter.

There seem to be so many more high HP toons out there that are just that much more useful, though. So it's not that he's not good, it's more that there's almost always going to be a better choice.
  • Fire
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've got a soft spot for FOST because he and lumi were the last two standing the first time I got through GW, and he comes in handy to sub in GW as a disposable hitter, taking the heat off other team members.
  • Put him with phasma, poe poggle and ewok elder
  • Fire wrote: »
    I've got a soft spot for FOST because he and lumi were the last two standing the first time I got through GW, and he comes in handy to sub in GW as a disposable hitter, taking the heat off other team members.

i'm upset my alt account cannot get him since h e's not free anymore. But i'm doing a no-name team (does ig86 count)?
  • Ig86 iz bad. I regret 7*ing mine
  • Ig86 iz bad. I regret 7*ing mine

he's amazing with other droids. Alone he's alright, he can either 1 shot someone or he c an get them to red bar easy. he's tanky but a little slow. Geo is better hands down but still nice to have another dps around. I plan on doing a droid team with poe and poggle. Those wreck face.
  • Tanky? I thought he was a glass cannon. What is his hp and what star and gear lvl is that at?
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Tanky? I thought he was a glass cannon. What is his hp and what star and gear lvl is that at?

g8 7*, has more HP than FOTP. I think 13k or so at max level. He has a ton of HP for a huge dps ig86 is. ig88 has low hp (the black one).
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Geo has bigger D
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SWHS wrote: »
    Geo has bigger D

Agreed but Geo is bad in a droid team, well actually not really. poggles leader is droid + geo's.
  • I have my FO Storm Trooper and Fives both at level 60, 4* & gear level 6. I use both with Phasma as leader.

FOST advantages:
    FOST's basic hits quite a bit harder than Fives and he should in theory get more assists with Phasma than Fives.

Fives advantages:
    Counters more often & his counter does 50% more damage which puts Fives slightly above FOST for damage on counters. Fives slows opponent on basic hit a lot more often than FOST and it lasts for 2 turns. Fives special calls an ally to assist and FOST's is pointless when combined with Phasma.

I thought that I'd use FOST more with Phasma given the FO synergy and the fact that FOST hits harder but I find myself using Fives more. It sounds weird but I think Fives has better synergy with Phasma than the FO Storm Trooper has with Phasma.
  • Fire
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016

i'm upset my alt account cannot get him since h e's not free anymore. But i'm doing a no-name team (does ig86 count)?

Ig 86 is mega-famous flavour of the month, droid fad.. keep seeing ppl ask 'ig 86 or 88?' lol. So, which uglies are you using?
  • Fire wrote: »

Ig 86 is mega-famous flavour of the month, droid fad.. keep seeing ppl ask 'ig 86 or 88?' lol. So, which uglies are you using?

88 is better obivoulsy but what 86 brings is tankier ally assist. My team i'm thinking about using is just an AOE destruction team. if sid/vader can place dots on everyone, ig88 can just destroy everyone with an AOE.
  • Corndog131 wrote: »
    I have my FO Storm Trooper and Fives both at level 60, 4* & gear level 6. I use both with Phasma as leader.

FOST advantages:
    FOST's basic hits quite a bit harder than Fives and he should in theory get more assists with Phasma than Fives.

Fives advantages:
    Counters more often & his counter does 50% more damage which puts Fives slightly above FOST for damage on counters. Fives slows opponent on basic hit a lot more often than FOST and it lasts for 2 turns. Fives special calls an ally to assist and FOST's is pointless when combined with Phasma.

I thought that I'd use FOST more with Phasma given the FO synergy and the fact that FOST hits harder but I find myself using Fives more. It sounds weird but I think Fives has better synergy with Phasma than the FO Storm Trooper has with Phasma.

yeah Fives is a seriously legit pick. FOST is too but he's moderate rather than OP. FOST is really good if i had him and could get him to 7* i might consider doing it but yeah his special is ok at most, just like FInn.