What the @#*^!? just happened?!?

Yendor
261 posts Member
edited January 2016
Rough go in Arena's tonight. I apparently had some bad kharma on my books or something.

I'm rank 11 and my 7*sid, 7*lumi, 6*jc, 5*fett, 5*dooku team challenges #7 Phasma, sid, dooku, Lumi, Ren.

I start focus firing sid and the order of attack goes
my dooku, sid, lumi attack sid, but he's still above 1/2 health
Opponent has 3 attacks which take jc to red and do some minor damage to Sid
My fett attacks sid, sid is still above 1/2 health.
He gets a series of 9 or 10 attacks (I lost count) killing JC, Dooku and Lumi. Sid is at 3/4 health and Fett is 1/2. I hit autoplay and quickly lose with his entire team at full health.

Match is over, I'm staring blankly at the screen dumbfounded by my poor luck and considering what the most foul string of words is I can put together on short notice (hint-it's pretty foul, and I would not kiss my mother with that mouth). Exit arena to discover I'm now rank 18.

Now as far as I'm aware, there is no mechanic in the game, and no exploit or hack for that matter that will take a rank 11 team challenging and loosing to rank 7 and demote them to 18. All I can imagine is there was some weird convergence of the stars causing some glitch to Bohica me right after the reaming I had just taken in arena.

It was 5:43, so I spent 50 crystals, rank from 18 to 9, 5 minute wait then rank 6 at 5:50, 50 crystals and i'm rank 3 at 5:53, 50 crystals and wait out the clock to finish rank 1 at 5:58...

And I STILL get sniped and finish the day rank 2! :s

Now for the record, while this is in fact me whining, i'm not calling for a nerf, or crying haxxor (though I would dearly love to now how I dropped 7 ranks when I was challenging). I know that Phasmas leader has a small chance of proccing the rain of destruction that happened to me tonight and that it's just bad luck with RNG and not the norm. I just wanted to vent a little, and this seemed like as good a place as any to do it and also gave me the opportunity to post my rank drop glitch to see if anyone else had ever seen something similar happen.

Also, posting here is a form of catharsis that may well have saved me from rupturing an aneurysm tonight...I already feel better ;P
Post edited by Yendor on

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    I have sniped rank 1 with 1.5 minutes left, my team? Phasma, Lumi, Sid, FOTP and Kylo all geared, Kylo and FOTP at 6* and 5*
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That's not how karma works, that's not how karma works at all.
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    That's not how karma works, that's not how karma works at all.

Then maybe I just angered the RNG gods?

• While you were cussing at your dropped rank, someone (hacker) sniped you in 3 seconds.
  • I'm sure if you saw the real numbers of cheaters in EA's free to play games you would run for your life.
  • Yendor wrote: »
    Rough go in Arena's tonight. I apparently had some bad kharma on my books or something.

I'm rank 11 and my 7*sid, 7*lumi, 6*jc, 5*fett, 5*dooku team challenges #7 Phasma, sid, dooku, Lumi, Ren.

I start focus firing sid and the order of attack goes
    my dooku, sid, lumi attack sid, but he's still above 1/2 health
    Opponent has 3 attacks which take jc to red and do some minor damage to Sid
    My fett attacks sid, sid is still above 1/2 health.
    He gets a series of 9 or 10 attacks (I lost count) killing JC, Dooku and Lumi. Sid is at 3/4 health and Fett is 1/2. I hit autoplay and quickly lose with his entire team at full health.

Match is over, I'm staring blankly at the screen dumbfounded by my poor luck and considering what the most foul string of words is I can put together on short notice (hint-it's pretty foul, and I would not kiss my mother with that mouth). Exit arena to discover I'm now rank 18.

Now as far as I'm aware, there is no mechanic in the game, and no exploit or hack for that matter that will take a rank 11 team challenging and loosing to rank 7 and demote them to 18. All I can imagine is there was some weird convergence of the stars causing some glitch to Bohica me right after the reaming I had just taken in arena.

It was 5:43, so I spent 50 crystals, rank from 18 to 9, 5 minute wait then rank 6 at 5:50, 50 crystals and i'm rank 3 at 5:53, 50 crystals and wait out the clock to finish rank 1 at 5:58...

And I STILL get sniped and finish the day rank 2! :s

Now for the record, while this is in fact me whining, i'm not calling for a nerf, or crying haxxor (though I would dearly love to now how I dropped 7 ranks when I was challenging). I know that Phasmas leader has a small chance of proccing the rain of destruction that happened to me tonight and that it's just bad luck with RNG and not the norm. I just wanted to vent a little, and this seemed like as good a place as any to do it and also gave me the opportunity to post my rank drop glitch to see if anyone else had ever seen something similar happen.

Also, posting here is a form of catharsis that may well have saved me from rupturing an aneurysm tonight...I already feel better ;P

I just killed #1 with only under 65 seconds...so its pretty possible...you still lack one more trick to climb the rank...for your case, this is is what happened:

you were rank #11...then you left the phone open with arena rank shows in your screen...then you attack that number #7 (while you did not do anything, I believe someone took you down to #18 ,since you did not refresh the arena page, you did not know if you went down on rank and started to try to take down #7 and failed. Because you failed to take #7 down, you initially went to your original rank (after someone took you out from #7) which was #18....Thank you...
  • I agree with the guy above me. I had a similar situation occur and it was because I left my game open waiting for the timer and doing work and then tried to challenge the next guy, not realizing someone had fought and beat me between those two attempts. I lost the battle and fell backwards, took me a bit to realize why... also I feel like when you get caught in that situation the RNG gods just crap on you and you lose hard and fast. I now make sure to leave/re enter arena to refresh the rankings and I haven't been crushed nearly as hard as when I was experiencing a similar situation as the OP.
  • If you get that worked up over a simple app then wow, maybe you need to change your priorities. hehe

As for what happened, it does sound like some glitch that screwed you over in the ranking drop. As for how the battle went, I just have one thing to say: EA....but keep thinking it was just bad luck on your end. heh

• Lol I agree. No one should get worked up over a game. But yea "EA" is the best answer.
    Two things to consider... all companies maximize everything for PROFIT! and...
    Coming from a programmer... there is no such thing as true "random" in any game.
    RNG systems make their best effort but it all comes down to algorithms and no matter how you wash it out over millions and millions of calculations you will see patterns occurring more often than others anytime there is some form of programming to create the randomness.
  • Ha, I've been playing video games my whole adult life (teens were party, party, lol) and I love getting worked up about such things. The only reason I play games is because I can still get worked up by them. The day it doesn't matter anymore, I'd find some other recreation.

Makes me wonder about ppl doing things that don't matter to them, unless it's their jobs.

@OP, rants are good. And as you mentioned in your post, good you're not whining. May
  • I feel ya, this game is too much luck
  • I've been in the same boat lately. RNJesus seems to have it in for me. Just posting to commiserate :)
  • One thing I will say with programmed RNG is that it tends to run in streaks. Good or bad so if you are doing the same thing getting nothing. Stop, do something else in the game for a few then come back to it. This increases your chances of having "better luck" and not following the down streak.