Main stat changed on max leveled mod ...furious

GrimmVonHell
338 posts Member
edited July 2016
I was all for the nerf, it was just way to much power. It was needed in order to save the game ...but to change the main stat completely on quite a few of my max leveled mods is uncalled for and I am furious.

Go ahead, nerf my Mk5 max level Offense Up or my Crit Chance Up to something negligible ...but do not change it to a worthless stat such as def. What is the reasoning behind this, I am so furious!!!

I spent thousands of crystals and millions of credits on mods that are worthless ...this is garbage, how can this be?!? Why?!? I would like a reply from a dev, I want to know why this was done. I should have checked on the nerf update before I posted a thread praising you and your company for beginning to take the right steps to fix this ...you backdoored me while I was out front speaking good about your name ...I feel like such a fool :/

@EA_Jesse
@CG_JohnSalera

Post edited by attrimap on

Replies

• Arbitrary, capricious and occasionally punitive.

I'd suggest either making peace with it, or moving on. It's not going to stop being that way.
  • I agree. I spent a ton of crystals obtaining and leveling a level 5 mod that got a massive nerf. Where's the compensation?
  • No compensation. Awful. It is precrafting 2.0 with some lucky enough to get the "good" mods. Ugggh.
  • Wetwurx
    193 posts Member
    Welcome to the club OP.
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    The only ones that got rerolled where the 6's and 7's from raids... I haven't heard of anyone else having a 5 rerolled.
  • All Diamond shaped mods were changed to Def %, and some others I had that were crit chance % and offense were changed to def%. It seems some mods can now only have certain main stats, that wasn't the case when I dumped mass ammounts of crystals/credits. It's not kool. Can't sit to see what the devs are going to do about what they have done/caused.
  • Nihilism
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    All Diamond shaped mods were changed to Def %, and some others I had that were crit chance % and offense were changed to def%. It seems some mods can now only have certain main stats, that wasn't the case when I dumped mass ammounts of crystals/credits. It's not kool. Can't sit to see what the devs are going to do about what they have done/caused.

Most likely, they will drag their feet until everyone gets over it or quits. I already 1 starred the app on the app page for the bait and switch. So did a lot of other people from the mod release onward. That's about all you can do really...
  • GrimmVonHell
    338 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm reserving judgement until after this week, hopefully they actually do something about the fiasco they've caused ...we'll see :/ until then I'm f2p
  • #Thisgameisrubberducked
  • It really is a poor way to handle things. I don't spend a lot but I sunk about 3000 crystals and over 10mil credits when mods hit. Fair enough they needed to he nerfed. However, changing the very nature of the ones we already had? You couldn't just dampen them down?

Surely you either have an amnesty on the uber kit everyone's grabbed early or you remove it completely & refund all players. Now im stuck with a load of mods i never would've kept & have to spend a ton more credits to remove & swap stuff round to try & get some synergy again. Surely it would be fairer @EA_Jesse to remove the cost of moving them, or at least suspend it temporarily?
  • Yup... Same thing happened to me. I probably spent a couple hundred just in that day and a half... Changed the stats. I had better primary stat options turned to crap.. They don't care. They'll give us back 300 crystals and we'll have to suck it up and deal with it or quit. After the thousands I've spent, it may be time for me to realize these devs will screw the few for the many. And there are far more f2p to dolphins than those who spent thousands.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    This whole mod ordeal is just absolutely ridiculous. How a seemingly professional development company can make such a mess is beyond reason and not just once, but twice in a row.

People have left in droves, those who have stayed have lost all enthusiasm.
    Who would spend money now when tomorrow everything could change again?

I don't want to believe it, but this entire fiasco could have been preplanned to inject funds as a last major cash grab.

Think about it...
    1. GW becomes incredibly tough just a week or two before mods, John Salera says it's now WAI. They cut credits off for 90% of the player base this way.
    2. Mods are released incredibly overpowered forcing people to buy credits to say relevant.
    3. They announce drop rates will be nerfed, hint at "normalizing" costs which I took as made more because that's what they do.
    4. Spend massive amounts of crystals acquiring and leveling mods because of announcement. People forced to buy credit packs more as GW is near impossible.
    5. Nerf them into the ground and give 100k more to GW now that it is impossible to complete.

This really could have just been a major scam.
    They knew the last credit crunch worked and made it 1000 times worse. Unfortunately it seems this has bitten them back.
    Daily revenue has shrunk considerably and I don't see it getting back to pre-mod levels for a long time.

• Mala
    34 posts Member
    Welcome to game guys
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    papnwors wrote: »
    This whole mod ordeal is just absolutely ridiculous. How a seemingly professional development company can make such a mess is beyond reason and not just once, but twice in a row.

I don't want to believe it, but this entire fiasco could have been preplanned to inject funds as a last major cash grab.

My thoughts and feelings exactly.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    papnwors wrote: »

My thoughts and feelings exactly.

+1

• Love all the ideas above, sadly nobody that can change anything really cares, what a shame seeing money left on the table...