Chewbacca

Is Chewie worth using in he long run?

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Nope
  • Why is that? Is it because of low dps? Is there a better tank?
  • He's slow, weak, and his taunt only lasts for one turn
  • Who would make a good replacement for him?
  • Right now Poe is the best tank. Stormtrooper Han is also a way better tank.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Poe's taunt only last for one turn also.
  • Awesome thanks! I'm about to unlock Han and I've already got Poe to 4* so that should help.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Nope. Poe's taunt lasts two turns and removes turn meter.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Poe is the current best tank in the game. His taunt is two turns, he's very fast, he manipulates turn meters, and applies expose.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Poe is dead after one turn.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

Poe is dead after one turn.

Nah. Not always; depends on the opposite team. And even if he is the damage is done and it doesn't matter. Between expose and turn meter manipulation, at least two of their toons should be dead before they even get their turn.
  • What he's saying is it's irrelvant the amount of turns a tank taunts as long as it's one. They never last more than one turn anyway.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    What he's saying is it's irrelvant the amount of turns a tank taunts as long as it's one. They never last more than one turn anyway.

It's not irrelevant since it's not uncommon for Poe to survive the first round; especially when he and Phasma manipulate the turn meter and allow his team to kill 2+ of the opposing team before they even act.
  • he isnt *that* bad, but there are better characters available that perform the same role
  • antooki wrote: »
    he isnt *that* bad, but there are better characters available that perform the same role

I disagree, poe is the best tank available, I have him and he survives 2nd round. You must level his gears to vi
  • Chewy is a good tank with the ability to heal 40% of his own health. He also has a good leader ability, granting 40+ defense and chance of def up. Chewy is the best tank in the game... That being said, tanks aren't exactly the way to go in this game. They all suck. Your better off focusing on another type of character, maybe a high dps character.
  • AySteezy wrote: »
    Chewy is a good tank with the ability to heal 40% of his own health. He also has a good leader ability, granting 40+ defense and chance of def up. Chewy is the best tank in the game... That being said, tanks aren't exactly the way to go in this game. They all suck. Your better off focusing on another type of character, maybe a high dps character.

His heal is useless against SID attacks. Sid immune block always succeeds and people love Poe for a reason, with being a tank he reduces turn meter and exposes enemies.
  • Chewie is too slow, the moment hè taunts all his other team members are already dead
  • Arijit wrote: »
    antooki wrote: »
    he isnt *that* bad, but there are better characters available that perform the same role

I disagree, poe is the best tank available, I have him and he survives 2nd round. You must level his gears to vi

Well I haven't given up on him....yet...but I am close. I am only level 49 so I can't get him in lvl VI gear untill like lvl 54 I think. So far he seems squishy as hell for a tank and his expose rarely lands vs good teams. I am currently hoarding cantina creds hoping for a better option after the update.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »

Well I haven't given up on him....yet...but I am close. I am only level 49 so I can't get him in lvl VI gear untill like lvl 54 I think. So far he seems squishy as hell for a tank and his expose rarely lands vs good teams. I am currently hoarding cantina creds hoping for a better option after the update.

On the account I play on iOS I have poe, but on the Android I have Chewy. And I am also in level 51. So same as you, I have geared him to the max possible for his level. Although he is squishy, his self-heal is sometimes worth. Today I climbed to 5th spot on my server starting from 30 and I am f2p mostly - no chromium, although spent 20 bucks for crystals to spend o energy for gears. Chewie helped me a lot to take in blows from renS, reyS, IGs. Then I have JC and Lumi to heal

My Team is Phasma 4* lead, Sid 5*, Lumi 4*, Chewie 5* and JC 4*(purple gear), rest VI gear.

Now I am at an impasse from the 5th where the people above me are having paid characters like rey, ren, leiah - I say paid because farming ren is not possible till higher level, same for rey shards - only one node for lower level.
  • JoshG wrote: »

On the account I play on iOS I have poe, but on the Android I have Chewy. And I am also in level 51. So same as you, I have geared him to the max possible for his level. Although he is squishy, his self-heal is sometimes worth. Today I climbed to 5th spot on my server starting from 30 and I am f2p mostly - no chromium, although spent 20 bucks for crystals to spend o energy for gears. Chewie helped me a lot to take in blows from renS, reyS, IGs. Then I have JC and Lumi to heal

My Team is Phasma 4* lead, Sid 5*, Lumi 4*, Chewie 5* and JC 4*(purple gear), rest VI gear.

Now I am at an impasse from the 5th where the people above me are having paid characters like rey, ren, leiah - I say paid because farming ren is not possible till higher level, same for rey shards - only one node for lower level.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »

I was referring to Poe as the player I haven't given up on. I never use chewie anymore.
  • Oh my bad sorry. So you didnt went for Daka first?
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Oh my bad sorry. So you didnt went for Daka first?

No I unlocked "fives" first but he didn't really fit my team comp. I then switched to Poe and currently have him at 4*s.
  • Poe becomes less squishy as you level him. Also if you have the right team behind him you don't care if he dies turn one because you could have killed 1 or 2 of their toons before they even act because he's dropped their turn meter before they could even move.

I run a team with Poe and old Ben (a lucky pull on a single chrome pack) which double reduce turn meter and chance to reduce attack power and made it to top 20 last night on my server.

Chewy seems more squishy to me for the mere fact that he taunts and when everything's said and done I still have 5 characters left