PVP RNG broken

2Next

Replies

• Yes
    drdavee wrote: »
    Scoobings wrote: »
    The_Jerol wrote: »

In addition -- and this is awesome -- results in any given battle are predetermined and not random. That's right, when I retreated today and discovered they had completely changed the mechanic, I brought back my original squad and the battle proceeded with the exact same results -- right down to damage numbers -- in the exact same order. The AI dodged and resisted everything exactly as it did in the first fight. Nothing was random about it at all.

This has been mentioned several times before and is not an issue. It is in place to prevent you from retreating (force closing) multiple times to get a different response. All dice rolls are rolled before the match, they are not rolled when every action is taken.

Just search 'AI cheats' and you'll find many better worded responses than mine.

I know you're not an EA rep, but at the very least that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It results in constant restarting and swapping characters until you get rolls you like. In an attempt to prevent cheesing of GWs they opened up a pandora's box of cheesing. It's like they didn't even pause a second to think about what would happen if they made this change.

What do you think people were doing before the changes. They were crashing their system. I didn't do it and you probably didn't do that but it made us behind the cheaters. The way it is done now is to make it even grounds with the prior cheaters so you are not getting further behind them

Seems like they had backwards thinking in that case... People are cheating and making the game not function correctly, so lets make that cheat easier to employ so that way everyone can cheat.

At any rate... it doesn't matter, it's just a phone game. It's just a little frustrating because I feel like now instead of strategic withdrawals and substitutions I just hit restart and attack randomly, poking away in the dark, until I find a "roll" that results in me winning.

Don't get me wrong, I win GW every time now so I guess that's good... but it's drastically less fun I'll tell you that right now.
  • No
    It is backwards, but that is how they decided to fix the problem.... To allow everybody to cheat...