GW ridiculous

ottomaddux
490 posts Member
edited July 2016
Can someone please explain the difference between annoyingly difficult and fun to the devs. I understand that they don't want us to finish everyday, especially since they don't want us to make more credits daily, but the GW difficulty is just ridiculous. I is the polar opposite of fun to spend an annoying hour and a half trying to finish this just to get denied. It is a waste of my time and effort nothing more. GW hasn't been fun since you changed the retreat mechanic so either shorten it to a ten minute time waster or let us finish it. either way it still will be a chore, but at least it will be palatable.

Replies

• Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Agree. Was the best part, now the most annoying. I wish they would change the matching system. Average of your best 5 or 6 squads is more fair than your arena/best team.Can't beat the last 2. Regular and hard modes would make everyone happy. You can only do 1 and the hard gives more rewards. Problem solved. Plus with mods who has any credits to make your squad better anyways. Level 80 7* 9-10 gear maxed out mods player
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Also not faster to get through. They also said was geared towards players being able to go through using all of their characters, half of my characters are useless, so who wants this. Unless you spent tons of real cash
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I failed my first GW a couple days ago. It was pretty disappointing.

Winning it the next day? Best GW ever. Mostly this was just strategizing better. From getting lazy and having it easy. I used more of my bench where appropriate. And barely eked by.

I have plans to make it easier. Using resources on more mods.

Maybe don't stress out so much if u can't finish. When ur old enough player, guess what the last node is worth? Not much. U don't need purple mats anymore. U don't need the GW tokes. The world doesn't end. And there is something u can do about it.

Take a look at your bench. Sort it by power. Look at your most useful toons in the top two or three rows. Start leveling/gearing/modding the ones with the lowest power.

Just trying to look at the bright side. If the forum doesn't change, I might have to quit SWGoH... Official forum.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I spent a little over an hour on node 12 tonight. I know exactly how long, because I was watching TV while I burned all 65 of my toons on one team, ending with losing and they still had 4/5 standing. 3 were all but undamaged. I spent not quite an hour on the rest and didn't lose a single one along the way. About 2 hours total is just ridiculous. At least twice as long as it should be. But 30-45 minutes would be better.
  • Haven't finished a GW since the update and I used to have few problems. Had to strategize a bit and stretch the toons on my roster from time to time but always managed to get it done. Now it's close to half meta teams, maxed out with mods and top level gear, and even my deep, broadly leveled bench can't get past the nodes 9-11 sometimes, let alone node 12. Kind of kills the ftp food chain as most of the credits come from GW. No credits, no leveling, mods or gear equip, which means no Arena worthy toons, which means no crystals for Energy and Cantina refreshes, which means no new or starred up toons, which means no reason to play the game anymore.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I've been gettin by fairly well, blowing them up with a clone team but every now and then I get a seemingly impossible node, DONT throw characters at it till you pass, if it goes very badly you can use the gear at top left and leave with no penalty, reform your team to match the weaknesses you encountered and retry, example, my Rex was at 50% going into the node, turn 1 Rey one shots him, I need him for the rest of nodes so I back out, replace echo with ewok elder and go back in, turn 1 Rey one shots him, turn 4 elder brings him back and I pass the node no losses... It's a puzzle. I admit a long one but with a bit of backing out and reorganizing its very doable
  • ArenHam
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I pretty much get this everyday and don't complete GW...
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    I spent a little over an hour on node 12 tonight. I know exactly how long, because I was watching TV while I burned all 65 of my toons on one team, ending with losing and they still had 4/5 standing. 3 were all but undamaged. I spent not quite an hour on the rest and didn't lose a single one along the way. About 2 hours total is just ridiculous. At least twice as long as it should be. But 30-45 minutes would be better.

Should not have watched tv!! Lol

Lol. Maybe not.
    I was actually watching "an hour with Mark Hamill" on YouTube from SW celebration Europe. Not much to see, so I was more listening to the tv.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    I agree this is ridiculous. My arena power is around 28k and i am 77 lvl. Today i got 80lvl, 34k fully modded gear 9 team. That have maxed skills with omegas (which i cant get yet). How the hell i am supposed to beat that? Noone on my shard even have this kind of team.

I am actually not looking forward to max level, (something i have never felt in any game so far) because i know it will only get worse.
  • Durrun wrote: »
    I've been gettin by fairly well, blowing them up with a clone team but every now and then I get a seemingly impossible node, DONT throw characters at it till you pass, if it goes very badly you can use the gear at top left and leave with no penalty, reform your team to match the weaknesses you encountered and retry, example, my Rex was at 50% going into the node, turn 1 Rey one shots him, I need him for the rest of nodes so I back out, replace echo with ewok elder and go back in, turn 1 Rey one shots him, turn 4 elder brings him back and I pass the node no losses... It's a puzzle. I admit a long one but with a bit of backing out and reorganizing its very doable

I know how to retreat, but when my best team knocked out in one turn I can't retreat. And to prevent your next post I will state that my best team is all maxed toons gear x and xi and fully rank five modded, designed to counter the meta teams I am facing. And when my suicide squads don't even dent their protection I am going nowhere. So even if I was given a chance to retreat it makes no difference. I am not looking for advice on how to play. I can outplay most people here. I am looking to communicate the drudgery that has become GW to the devs, because I would hope that no modestly competent developer would want their game to be considered a chore.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Alright, I agree that it needs looking at but respectfully I will say that if you can outplay most people here, why can't you compleats GW, I'm not trying to insult you sir I understand the predicament and I hate Rey so much but if your team is one shot at turn 1 that indicates abcence of tanks or lack of speed... Just trying to help
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Durrun wrote: »

I know how to retreat, but when my best team knocked out in one turn I can't retreat. And to prevent your next post I will state that my best team is all maxed toons gear x and xi and fully rank five modded, designed to counter the meta teams I am facing. And when my suicide squads don't even dent their protection I am going nowhere. So even if I was given a chance to retreat it makes no difference. I am not looking for advice on how to play. I can outplay most people here. I am looking to communicate the drudgery that has become GW to the devs, because I would hope that no modestly competent developer would want their game to be considered a chore.

ah competent, that might be the issue. they can't even be consistent. They changed gw due to people complaing for some time that it was just too much of a time sink and shouldn't be THAT difficult. Granted at that time I ALWAYS completed it but sometimes there was the odd battle here and there that I had to spend some time on so still took to long and I never really found it fun. And the reason I don't find it fun is that it is a MANDATORY chore every day because it is where the vast majority of our credits come from to do any progression of any kind in the game. And rather quickly they changed their minds and firmly stated oh no this is supposed to be difficult and its a war of attrition. Loosing a toon here and there is one thing but the typical result is you get so far into GW and then you run into the max geared/leveled/modded team that is total meta and it destroys every loast character in my roster. Granted I was out of the game for over a week so I missed out on the opening of mods and so now i'm stuck with pure dumb **** luck determining if a mod I may or may not get is even close to worthy of putting anything into. Even when I do find a truck load of awesome mods and somewhow get the credits to max them out i'm going to have the majority of characters fully stared/leveled/modded to stand a chance of completing GW because quite simply put there are 12 teams your going to go up against and past node 3 they can start getting stupid difficult granted USUALLY doesn't get uber difficult until node 8 or 9. It costs these ai teams nothing they get cherry picked from the best lineups and they will decimate anything that is not absolutely maxxed out and even with 1 or 2 fully maxed out squads chances are you ain't finishing GW. It ain't fun, its a **** chore required to progress the game. And it's insulting for them to have listened to the community and made changes and then turned around and gave everyone the middle finger. You want something that is REALLY difficult for us to nash our teeth on? fine how about making it a separate feature that is NOT a mandatory progression, read credit, chore.

Since the game came out they have steadily worked towards angering the player base, or so it seems. When guilds first came out I had high hopes, but it quickly became apparent that due to the system being set up such that you are literally at your guild mates throats because YOU want top spot so YOU can get the most/best goodies it really deflates the whole team aspect of a guild. After 3 guilds melted down and were deleted due to drama and infighting I finally decided I was going to try and just walk away. So while I was on vacation fourth of july week I did just that after the 3rd guild disbanded. But I hadn't deleted the game as I was gonna see how things went. Then I got weak when I the push message came out about a new patch. I didn't jump on it right away but when I took a peak I was like awe that could be cool. They patched a lot of things that really sholda been dealth with long ago and gave us a new way to alter characters. Obviously it was a little over much initially although even after the patched patch it comes down to one thing. DO your mods have high speed bonuses? if not might as well just flush them because as usually speed is king. Facing teams that are all above or approaching 200 and not being lucky enough to have similar mods except for ONE character means my teams get melted before they even get to go. Doesn't even matter if its a speed buffed team lead with otherwise FAST characters. So for me i'm back to just half assedly playing, certainly no spending, and seeing how long until this game just implodes.
  • @lokai agree wholeheartedly well said