How am I doing?

BillyBeans
440 posts Member
edited January 2016
Dear smarter players than me...please let me know how I am doing and how I am progressing or if I am making huge mistakes...

Thank you so much in advance! Happy to repay the favor in the future!

Only stared 7 days ago;

Have 950k in coins
6k in gems (purple ones)
Ranked #35 in arena
Usually use my energy and refills to farm Dooku, JC, and beef up my gear.
farming Sid(50/80) and Lumi (29/50)
Always complete daily
Always finish events

Have the following training droids
647 - 1*
308 - 2*
75 - 3*
10 - 4*

Here is my team.
(41) 4* Kylo / level 5 gear
(41) 4* Finn / level 4 gear
(41) 3* Phasma / level 5 gear
(41) 3* Dooku / level 5 gear
(41) 3* JC / level 4 gear
(41) 3* chewy / level 4 gear
(41) 3* Poe / level 4 gear
(37) 2* Royal Guard / level 4 gear
(36) 3* Jawa / level 3 gear
(37) 1* GSoldier / level 4 gear
(31) 3* Talia / level 3 gear
(27) 1* Snowtrooper / level 3 gear
(22) 1* Clone Seargent / level 3 gear
(21) 1* Ewok Scout / level 3 gear

Any advice? Good or bad?
Post edited by BillyBeans on

Replies

• Options
    U are very well on your way. Keep on farming sid and lumi cause they are amazing! If you get dooku also use gear on him cause his skills are valuable. Good luck
  • Options
    Yep. Just keep up the pace, do the daily quests and research your future teams and try to learn the strengths and weaknesses of other teams, even those you won't own yourself.

Leveling is a process of learning and you're in your way.
  • Options
    Good job, you look like you are on your way. Great foundation!
  • Options
    Doesn't need advice for 7 days of play :D
    Keep up the good work and rank the ones you focus on to 7* and use em.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    One piece of advice I have is to use your ability mats wisely. At higher levels ability mats level 3 become somewhat of a choke point. If you try to spread them around to too many toons, you won't have enough to max all the skills on your main team. So focus on maxing skills on your main team and plan ahead to be able to max them when you reach the required levels. Once your main team is maxed and you have enough for any upcoming levels, then spread them out to your alternates. The other good place to spend them is for any heal skills you might need for GW.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    One piece of advice I have is to use your ability mats wisely. At higher levels ability mats level 3 become somewhat of a choke point. If you try to spread them around to too many toons, you won't have enough to max all the skills on your main team. So focus on maxing skills on your main team and plan ahead to be able to max them when you reach the required levels. Once your main team is maxed and you have enough for any upcoming levels, then spread them out to your alternates. The other good place to spend them is for any heal skills you might need for GW.

I totally agree with this. Also once your get your abilities to 3 or 4 be sure to scroll to see the necessary mats. I didn't know that there was a scroll bar(that u can't see) for a long time.
  • Options
    Awesome tips! Thanks for the advice!

Beat GW today for the first time! 3rd time being eligible...
  • Options
    6k in gems!?!?
  • Options
    Ulysses wrote: »
    6k in gems!?!?

He probably purchased the 11k gems deal.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Also, unlocking healers makes a big difference for GW. I only had Black Jesus(JC) and Talia to start and it was rough going. Once I unlocked Lumi, GW became easier to complete. Old Daka made things much, much easier as I use a trick with her against the enemy chewy when I get one to heal my whole team and refresh cool downs before the next fight. Now I am working on unlocking Ewok Elder so I will have more than enough heals.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Also, unlocking healers makes a big difference for GW. I only had Black Jesus(JC) and Talia to start and it was rough going. Once I unlocked Lumi, GW became easier to complete. Old Daka made things much, much easier as I use a trick with her against the enemy chewy when I get one to heal my whole team and refresh cool downs before the next fight. Now I am working on unlocking Ewok Elder so I will have more than enough heals.

If you don't mind me asking...what is the trick?

• CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nothing really magical or anything, and it takes a lot of time, but it can heal all of your heroes and reset cool downs.

When facing a team with Chewy, I kill everyone except him and try to make sure he has almost full health. Then I sub in Daka as lead with my most heavily damaged toon, just the two of them. I go back in and the added toon usually goes first and gets a hit on chewy, then Daka goes and casts heal, chewy goes and if his cool downs are reset, will taunt or heal.

My now healed toon goes next but instead I retreat. I put Daka back in alone against chewy. She and chewy take turns, and with her stun(leaving mine at level 3 for the added stun bonus, but not a lot of dmg), chewy stays stunned most of the time while she cools down her heal. The stun stops chewy from doing action, but the turn still counts towards his cool downs. When he doesn't get stunned he usually either taunts or heals beacuase his cool downs have reset.

Daka may get hit once or twice so you need to have enough levels and gear to survive. Once her heal cool down is reset, I retreat and put her back in with the next hero that needs a heal. That hero goes, hits chewy, Daka heals, retreat, Daka back in solo to reset cool down, over and over till everyone is healed.

The one hit from the to be healed hero helps reset their cool downs and is not usually enough to kill chewy, but sub your highest hitting guys in last to be healed and be sure you don't put in a guy that can one shot your current Chewy until your are done with him.

It can also be used to reset cool downs on your other healers by putting them in with Daka. If Lumi needs her skill cooled I put her in last after any needed healing on other heros as she has a pretty hard hitting main attack and may kill chewy.
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
  • Options
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. I am close to Lumi...40/50, so hopefully I have her tomorrow. Once I cash in her shards, how many stars does she start at?

Won today with only JC and Talia as healers. Another will be critical. I am only level 43 and somehow beat low 50 teams in battles 8,9, and 11
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Keep after those shards!
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Hell of a lot better than me. Tell me how you did it lol
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good win.

To open a new hero it works like this: heros that require

10 shards open at 1*
    25 shards open at 2*
    50 shards open at 3*
    80 shards open at 4*

To add stars it works like this:

15 shards to go to 2* and 10k credits?
    25 shards to go to 3* and 50k credits?
    30 shards to go to 4* and 100k credits
    65 shards to go to 5* and 250k credits
    85 shards to go to 6* and 500k credits
    100 stars to go to 7* and 1mil credits

So Lumi will start as a 3*.
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
  • Options
    Good win.

To open a new hero it works like this: heros that require that require

10 shards open at 1*
    25 shards open at 2*
    50 shards open at 3*
    80 shards open at 4*

To add stars it works like this:

15 shards to go to 2* and 10k credits?
    25 shards to go to 3* and 50k credits?
    30 shards to go to 4* and 100k credits
    65 shards to go to 5* and 250k credits
    85 shards to go to 6* and 500k credits
    100 stars to go to 7* and 1mil credits

So Lumi will start as a 3*.

****...didn't realize I was THAT far away...haha

Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options

Honestly, these forums are amazing. Tons of helpful guys and lots of info. Read as much as possible about who to go for (farm) and who to upgrade, how to spend energy to maximize results...I only complete light and dark missions in spare time...the rest is sim to get gear/shards. 2 energy and 1 cantina refill a day and I am able to replenish daily from arena winnings. Usually finish in 30s, once finished 19. Use those gems to purchase energy.

I also play a TON...and, I got lucky on 1st day and pulled a Dooku from bronzium. He helped my foundation.

Ask any questions and I will try to help with specific questions as I can. I'm still learning everyday. These forums are only reason I was able to beat GW...retreat baby!
  • Options
    Black Jesus... Lol.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Honestly, these forums are amazing. Tons of helpful guys and lots of info. Read as much as possible about who to go for (farm) and who to upgrade, how to spend energy to maximize results...I only complete light and dark missions in spare time...the rest is sim to get gear/shards. 2 energy and 1 cantina refill a day and I am able to replenish daily from arena winnings. Usually finish in 30s, once finished 19. Use those gems to purchase energy.

I also play a TON...and, I got lucky on 1st day and pulled a Dooku from bronzium. He helped my foundation.

Ask any questions and I will try to help with specific questions as I can. I'm still learning everyday. These forums are only reason I was able to beat GW...retreat baby!

Nice. I'm trying to farm Dooku atm because I don't have enough dark side characters and he seems the easiest one to get. I haven't tried refilling (using crystals) to get more energy. But I heard a lot of people do. So I might try that.

I do have one question but its not really relevant to strategy and its if you are playing without money or if you are using money. If you did it without money that's really impressive. But either way you sound like you're doing really well :)
    You're right about the resources of the forums though. But half the time i Struggle to understand what people are talking about lol so that's a little frustrating but hopefully it'll get better in time. I only just picked it up a week ago
  • Options
    Black Jesus... Lol.

Black Jesus saves!
  • Options

Nice. I'm trying to farm Dooku atm because I don't have enough dark side characters and he seems the easiest one to get. I haven't tried refilling (using crystals) to get more energy. But I heard a lot of people do. So I might try that.

I do have one question but its not really relevant to strategy and its if you are playing without money or if you are using money. If you did it without money that's really impressive. But either way you sound like you're doing really well :)
    You're right about the resources of the forums though. But half the time i Struggle to understand what people are talking about lol so that's a little frustrating but hopefully it'll get better in time. I only just picked it up a week ago

I got SUPER lucky on day 1 to get him. He is a beast! Actually hard for me to farm. Only 2 battles, and I am lucky to get 1-2 shards...sitting at 22/30 to get him to 4*.

I bought a crystals fa sho. I refill energy quite a bit. Mostly because I am impatient as hell, and don't want to wait 6 hours for my energy to fill back up...

I also struggle to understand what people are saying sometimes...they say a word/acronym and I then have to go search the forums to see what the hell it means. Lol
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I would definitely spend crystals to refill energy. The chromium are too much of a gamble IMO, and nothing else worth spending them on. Do the two 50 Crystal regular refills and 100 cantina refill for sure. You should make that back with dailies, GW, and arena.

More refills means more xp, training droids, credits, gear, shards, and ability mats. The more refills you do, the faster you level and equip your toons. I do refills depending on where I place in arena for the day. I usually do the regular 50,50,100 and sometimes the extra 100, and the cantina 100 and sometimes 200.

I bought the droid starter pack that came with some crystals, but have never bought crystals.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I bought the droid pack and DS starter pack when I first started, and I think the droid pack came with some crystals, but I haven't bought anything since. Been playing 26 days and I'm now lvl 57. Hoping to hit 60 before they raise the cap.

I definitely recommend using crystals on energy refills. The chromium packs are too much of a gamble IMO and nothing else is worth spending on.

You get 77 crystals from dailies and GW. Finish high in Arena and you can substantially increase your daily gem gain.

Each energy counts as one xp point, so the more you use, the faster you level. Also gets you more credits, training droids, ability mats, gear and shards.

I reccomend doing the two 50 Crystal regular refills and the 100 Crystal cantina refill at a minimum. The regulars for the gear, and the cantina for shards, ability mats, and cantina crystals.

I have been doing well in arena lately, finishing top 5 for the last week or so. The extra crystals have been great to do more refills and level and gear toons faster and get more shards and ability mats.

What terms are you struggling to understand?
  • Options
    I defiantly agree, black Jesus saves! For GW battles I generally put out 3 strong healers; JC , Lumi and Bariss. Then Sig and Dooku help do the damage, out of 8 attempts of GW campaign I have completed 3. So having strong healers are defiantly a must to come out on top in Galactic war. @BillyBeans I agree these forums are some of the best I've used some very helpful guys on here who have helped me a lot. May the force be with you all :)
  • Options
    To repeat what others have said, you're doing awesome!