Regarding: Mods Set-Bonuses

Before, we had 10 and 15 % bonus on Health, Defence and Crit-Chance.

Today, we have 2.5 and 5 % bonus.

Would changing it to 5 and 10 % instead be too much?

Replies

• Mods are a joke now.
  • Before, we had 10 and 15 % bonus on Health, Defence and Crit-Chance.

Hence why my mod craze is over til this works itself out a little

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Yes.

Because it's not 10%, it's 30%. For health and crit no one will ever slot just two and get only the one set bonus. Every set bonus is going to actually wind up being triple whatever is on the thing and you have to always, always, always keep that in mind.

The one exception is Defense, because Defense is an underpowered stat to begin with. You could make it a 30% bonus and it'd still have a barely noticible effect.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Yes.

Because it's not 10%, it's 30%. For health and crit no one will ever slot just two and get only the one set bonus. Every set bonus is going to actually wind up being triple whatever is on the thing and you have to always, always, always keep that in mind.

The one exception is Defense, because Defense is an underpowered stat to begin with. You could make it a 30% bonus and it'd still have a barely noticible effect.
    Not possible. Not all set require only 2. Speed requires 4, offense requires 4, I believe crit damage also requires 4.
  • scuba wrote: »

Yes.

Not possible. Not all set require only 2. Speed requires 4, offense requires 4, I believe crit damage also requires 4.

Chance is 2,Potency is 2. GS with triple chance, a base speed transmitter would auto fire.

Too many toons would be stupidly OP
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm a bit bummed out by the decrease of the setbonusses. Mk1/2 mods setbonusses were great to give a large boost to your team if you werent able to complete all the challenges.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Yes.

Chance is 2,Potency is 2. GS with triple chance, a base speed transmitter would auto fire.

Too many toons would be **** OP

Don't disagree simply correcting an incorrect absolute statement. Which was "Every set bonus is going to actually wind up being triple", that is simply not possible and not True. Some set bonuses will get tripled but not all because some require 4 for a set bonus.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Don't get distracted because there are some that require four. The larger point is the same--if you like a set bonus enough to equip it, you're going to equip it as many times as possible. So if health is 10% it's going to effectively be 30%.

There's no incentive to mix your bonuses when you can just maximise them instead.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Don't get distracted because there are some that require four. The larger point is the same--if you like a set bonus enough to equip it, you're going to equip it as many times as possible. So if health is 10% it's going to effectively be 30%.

There's no incentive to mix your bonuses when you can just maximise them instead.

That's a matter of opinion. If i was able to clear more of the challenges i would most certainly mix bonusses.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Then you would be making weaker characters.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Not distracted. Sorry to derail for a moment, others come to the forums for advice and information. Incorrect and absolute statements end up causing confusion.

Back on track.

I like and want to use speed set bonus. But it cannot be equipped multiple times for double let alone triple the set bonus.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

care to elaborate on that ?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Min-maxing is better and more efficient than spreading yourself thin. Getting +5% crit chance, +5% HP, and +5% defense is weaker than getting +15% to just one of those. About the only useful mixing is using a 4-slot bonus and a 2-slot bonus, which is still arguably weaker than tripling up on one of the 2-slots.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Min-maxing is better and more efficient than spreading yourself thin. Getting +5% crit chance, +5% HP, and +5% defense is weaker than getting +15% to just one of those. About the only useful mixing is using a 4-slot bonus and a 2-slot bonus, which is still arguably weaker than tripling up on one of the 2-slots.

If you consider the same rarity in mods sure, Considering now all other mk5 mods are unobtainable.

When you look at secondary stats of an mk5 health mod you can make up for even a triple max set bonus at this time.

Right now I can build up 20% or more in crit chance from secondary stats using mk5 health mods only. So that is better primary stats boosts, and set bonuses of health to add survivability. I have added 16% to lando with only mk5 health mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

No offence, but i think you're wrong. Maybe one bonus is just way better than the others, i'm not sure yet. Other than that I see no reason why I wouldnt mix set bonusses on some characters.
  • Mvnson
    234 posts Member
    Scuba, I think your problem is in your wording. You do NOT receive "multiple set bonuses" for "double and triple". I believe you understand what your talking about but what your saying muddles the picture.

Yes, you can equip 3 health sets. You get 15% health bonus.

You could equip 1 health set and one offense set. You get 10% offense + 5% health bonus.

What combination is better? Neither! It's circumstantial. That is going to depend entirely on the toon and what you plan to with it. A 30% potency bonus on Teebo is nuts. A 30% potency bonus on Rey is absolutely worthless.
  • the mods in the game now are a joke. Either remove them from game or make them as before.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Mvnson wrote: »
    Scuba, I think your problem is in your wording. You do NOT receive "multiple set bonuses" for "double and triple". I believe you understand what your talking about but what your saying muddles the picture.

Yes, you can equip 3 health sets. You get 15% health bonus.

You could equip 1 health set and one offense set. You get 10% offense + 5% health bonus.

What combination is better? Neither! It's circumstantial. That is going to depend entirely on the toon and what you plan to with it. A 30% potency bonus on Teebo is nuts. A 30% potency bonus on Rey is absolutely worthless.

I was simply pointing out not every bonus set can be double or tripled. I wish they could, speed speed speed.

Absolutely set bonuses you want to use are character dependent. But the set bonuses are so low that they can be made up for in secondary stats of higher rarity mods.

I think the set bonuses should be raised to make them more important.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member

No its not. Crit Damage set + something else will aways win against tripple Crit chance. Same for speed.