Suggestion: release new levels of challenges to help with credit & gear crunch

orange12
53 posts Member
edited July 2016
I think it's an understatement to say that, despite the latest updates, a lot of players are put off right now by the lack of credits and gear and the ever increasing game content that require one or both of these things to progress. It's really not a healthy sign when new content is met everytime with complaints about how it'll make the "crunch" that much worse.

But I think one solution has been right in front of us; update the original lineup of challenges with higher tiers that payout more and varied rewards.

I don't think these challenges have been changed in ages. The rewards structure was designed for pre-level 80 cap raise and completely insufficient for where players are now.

So why not take that existing system that's already in place and 1) add new tiers with increasing payout and 2) revamp the gear challenge rewards to also vary from tier to tier so players can go back and play the tiers that give out the specific gear they need?

Imagine if the credit challenge, which gives out a paltry 93k now at tier 5, had a tier 6 and 7 that gave out $150k and $200k respectively? Sure, go ahead and make Cad super hard to beat in tier 7, I actually welcome the added challenge!

The gear challenges have even more room to grow from tier 4 to 7. Imagine if some of them gave out stun cuffs and other purple gear that's not raid exclusive?

This would be low hanging fruit for the devs and it certainly beats the recent update where a sim option was added to the challenges which basically says "we admit these are boring so here's a fast forward button".

Replies