Anoyone remember Trade Nations?

It was a great game when it came out. I played from very early on and spent hundreds on it. I enjoyed it. Then I joined their forum and found more people who loved it. We had a really good time. We had daily log in rewards and holiday themed releases, including limited time items that I spent real money on.

Then the Devs decided to make certain changes. All the loyal players fought those changes to no avail. We kept telling them that the game was going to fail. But they didn't listen. And then the game failed. Paying players like myself left the game and with no income the Devs had to close up shop. It doesn't even exist on the app store any longer. It could have had a long life if they would have listened.

It all stemmed form not listening to the player base. The Devs at Z2 chillingly remind me of the folks at CG. They just kept spamming what they wanted with no regard for what the players wanted. Yes, it is your game to run as you see fit but what good does it do you to do so if you make the player base angry. This game has a great IP attached to it and would make money with almost no effort but you keep ramming money grab changes down our throats.

The game is in a state of flux right now and I am riding the train to see what happens but since I learned from the last game I invested way too much money into, I am not going to spend anything until I know the game has a reasonable shelf life.

Replies