Mods or Farming.................The real question!!!

Prev1
With all the changes and issues plaguing Mods, have you just abandoned farming Mods and instead returned to your farms instead??

Initially I stopped my farms to get in on the action but then Pre-craft 3.0 was released and drop rates were nerfed/prices increased and then most of the players felt scammed so I halted my Mod farming and just returned to farming shards as a safe move just to see what if anything EA/CG can do to fix this judging by earlier experiences....

What are you doing these days?? Shout out!!!

Replies

• Back to farming. Not touching mods until I see the final update on them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    doing both half **** now. its great
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bartem
    45 posts Member
    50/50
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I abandoned toon farming. No credits to upgrade them anyways and I already have a ton that I have sitting in my roster waiting for over 100 mil to star.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Farming Aayla for my Jedi team, at least until there is a final version of the mods. Just slowly upgrading some mod I already have for the daily activity.
  • The drop rates are garbage. Stopped farming mods today. Not worth it.
  • Since cantina has a few toons left for me to farm i'm going to do that also bc it gives out more credits and i'm a little over 100mil short with the mods i already have with no real means to get more credits( $ is not an option bc principles) i believe that when i'm done with cantina i'll go back to mods if no further updates force me to do otherwise.
  • TeamWarriors
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I may be dumb for doing this, but I've been all in with mods. Their drop rates is like playing slots. You know you're not going to win, but maybe, just maybe you might get that lucky roll. Dang lotto psychology. I'll continue being dumb until I become that genius with a speed and potency primary at 5* :)

In another note, could just be RNG but I've been having bad luck with my 3 daily shots at Chirpa farming, only gotten 1 shard in the last 5 days.

Edit: Disney censor can't use synonym for dumb
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    I only do the 3 cantina battles for the dailies. All other cantina energy is going to mods. Last night and today that means 2x refreshes, though every other day only 1x.

Whatever the final update is, I find it unlikely they will increase the drop rate on the challenges, and even if they get re-rolled it will be better to have them waiting.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    I am doing cantina to get 5 star jawa for farming then I am going to go for either dathcha or finn.
    Because of the mod challenges.

Sidenote just when you think that you have the perfect amount of characters they throw a wrench at you.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I may be dumb for doing this, but I've been all in with mods. Their drop rates is like playing slots. You know you're not going to win, but maybe, just maybe you might get that lucky roll. Dang lotto psychology. I'll continue being an **** until I become that genius with a speed and potency primary at 5* :)

In another note, could just be RNG but I've been having bad luck with my 3 daily shots at Chirpa farming, only gotten 1 shard in the last 5 days.

I am getting terrible drop rates lately too everywhere. It's getting annoying
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I was going to ask this very same thing today. I went back to farming toons. I had enough maxed health mods in the hopper, so that helps. I've only gotten to tier 3 in health and defense anyways so I have to farm toons.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    I just focus on cantina characters. I've been playing since January and I'm baffled when ppl say there are no toons left in cantina that they need. I have w list of 10+ cantina toons that I want to farm next.
  • I'm completely done with mods. I got enough health mods to cover my arena team on the first day before they introduced drop rates and doubled the cost of leveling.

I'm not farming anymore mod classes until I see an improvement. Since mods were nerfed they're not worth 500k a pop to level. Drop rates aren't good since cantina energy is scarce as it is, and they also drop mods that are not the tier you're looking for. I don't want to see a single 3 or 4* mod in the tier 3 challenge. Spend 16 cantina energy and get a 3* mod that no one will want to level, since they're looking for 5*? That's terrible.

Still waiting on word if they'd be returning some of our credits for leveling mods that once had high stats, and now are so low that we don't want to use them. They're taking up a mod spot that could be used for something else after the nerf. That's a lot of credits down the drain. @EA_Jesse

• warmonkey wrote: »
    I may be dumb for doing this, but I've been all in with mods. Their drop rates is like playing slots. You know you're not going to win, but maybe, just maybe you might get that lucky roll. Dang lotto psychology. I'll continue being an **** until I become that genius with a speed and potency primary at 5* :)

Curious if anyone who has abandoned mod farming and went back to Cantina farming, noticed a change in drop rates. We know how these people at EA/CG love their stealth updates.
  • warmonkey wrote: »

Curious if anyone who has abandoned mod farming and went back to Cantina farming, noticed a change in drop rates. We know how these people at EA/CG love their stealth updates.

Shards seem to be dropping less in the cantina. For 2 days I've been getting less than normal. That could be a bad round of RNG, or it could be a stealth nerf.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Drop rates are terrible in shards in cantina and LS/DS. maybe is just a collective bad luck streak. Or they really stealthy nerfed the rates. Wouldn't be surprise. EA thinks that to make the game more "fun" (AKA increase their benefits) it should be more frustrating.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Shards drop for me pretty much the same as they did before.

BTW, I'm stockpiling everything now from crystals to credits.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Drop rates are terrible in shards in cantina and LS/DS. maybe is just a collective bad luck streak. Or they really stealthy nerfed the rates. Wouldn't be surprise. EA thinks that to make the game more "fun" (AKA increase their benefits) it should be more frustrating.

Yeah I've noticed my LS/DS farming really go down from 30-40% down to 15-20%. Assumed it was RNG but its been bad since the update and have been distracted by mods.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    I am holding out for some changes to mod drop rates and am back to farming cantina shards.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    I had gotten a good number of mods (precrafted). I'm back to farming until mods are finalized.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    I'm farming shards right now. Trying to get Finn up to 5* so I can do the Tier 3 speed mod challenge. After that, I'll go back to mod farming for a while.
  • Nope. The mods I want/need are stuck behind hard-farms and it would be months before it is feasible. Plus they're too expensive to level only to find they got terrible bonus stats if you were lucky enough to find a decent primary.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Not farming mods until they drop sensibly.
  • I farm mods if I have enough credits to level them, shards if I'm low on credits (which is more common).
  • Every aspect of the game that relies on chance should be 50/50. Being that it's not, it isn't realistic and these folks at EA/CG need to come back to reality. Happy players stay, frustrated players leave. Compensation for their failures in the update(s) warrants more than 300 crystals. There's a MAJOR loss of credits, gear, ability mats, toon shards, crystals, etc.

NOT working as intended...or the intention is horribly thought out.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Played all the Mod Battles, getting the 1st time mods. Now I'm back to farming until they make some statement about whether they will increase drop rates for Mods or not.
  • Definitely Mods. I already have a ton of toons sitting on my bench just waiting to be geared/leveled up. More toons just spreads the resources even thinner. Probably smarter to focus on powering up the toons I have and with mods, like them or not, thy do let you custom boost toons. That to me is more important than unlocking a jawa and having him sit on by bench at 3* for 6 months,
  • I may be dumb for doing this, but I've been all in with mods. Their drop rates is like playing slots. You know you're not going to win, but maybe, just maybe you might get that lucky roll. Dang lotto psychology. I'll continue being dumb until I become that genius with a speed and potency primary at 5* :)

Edit: Disney censor can't use synonym for dumb

Same here! All in on Mods! :smiley: