Low Star Jedi's - A waste of time & resources?

So, thanks to my abysmal luck with the RNG, my very few gambles on chromium packs have filled out a complete Jedi team, at ridiculously low star level. I now have:

2* QGJ
2* Ahsoka
2* Kit Fisto
3* Aayla
5* Lumi

I mean, I would probably have a lot of fun with this team if I had pulled 4*, but seeing as how I don't particularly feel like spending another $1000 or more to *maybe* get these guys to 4* or 5*, is there any point at all to investing any training droids or gear to them, or do they just sit at the end of my bench as sacrificial lambs in GW?

Needless to say, like a drunken sailor with poor hygiene, those chromium packs have left a bad taste in my mouth....

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Lumi is farmable and a top character so that's easy. Aayla maybe, just because she's very cool, though she'll eventually get outclassed and be too easy for an opponent to kill. (What's her health?) The others? Nope, sorry.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry to see you didnt get Rey or Ren or Old Ben like others. But Lumi is a good catch. She goes all the way to endgame. With Lumi that you have you can try getting Phasma from GW.

I am not Sure of the rest of the jedi at those low levels as they might not be farmable, except Ashoka who is not very highly reagarded.
  • Qui Gon Jinn is godly if you can star him up. He seems to be a fairly common pull from 8x Chromium pack (I'll often get 1 or 2 sets of shards for him per pack) but it's still a lot of money and isn't guaranteed. I have him at 4* and he's earned his spot on my top team (granted, I'm also on a newer server that doesn't seem to have many people with characters 5* or higher).

But the reason he's godly is because he's fast, does decent damage, has one special that can remove all buffs from a target (very useful for getting rid of taunt) and another special that always gets an assist and has a short cooldown (assist does up to an extra 75% damage when the ability is leveled). His assist special can also proc with Phasma's leadership ability, resulting in two bonus attacks. With the right team, this can be pretty devastating.
  • You can definitely find a use for your 2 star Qui Gon. Level up his leader skill and utilize him in GW for a sniping squad. Lumi is of course fantastic, but the others you listed probably won't help you much without promoting them further.
  • Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by a "sniping squad"?
  • JayBeefed wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by a "sniping squad"?

Qui gon's leadership skill provides a speed boost to all Jedi team members. I think at level 4 it gives 19 speed, which is enough to ensure that he and the rest of your Jedi team members will go first in a fight.

So, make QG leader, use Lumi, JC, another fast attacker, say Dooku or Sidious, and someone with mid-range speed like Fives or Daka. Optimal scenario is that you will get 4 attacks from your speedy characters, then take one opponent attack.

Then instead of using your final attack in the first turn you retreat. Rinse and repeat. GW is a lot easier when you get 4 times the attacks as your enemies.
  • Huh. What a cool idea. Thanks man! :D
  • Kit and QGJ are good+ but hard to get to 7* (unless you have the money for it).
    Lumi is pure awesomeness and really easy to farm.
    Ashoka is good.
    Aayla is kinda Meh.

Focus on Lumi and if you have the cash go for either kit or QGJ.
  • But I mean, even if I have the cash, I can't choose who I'm going for, right? I mean, in theory I could spend $400 and still only get toons/shards for **** like Ewok, Clone Sergeant, Mob enforcer and Ugnaught, right?

Unless I'm doing it wrong and you can focus your $$ on certain players?
  • JayBeefed wrote: »
    Unless I'm doing it wrong and you can focus your $$ on certain players?

Nope.

That is why you either become a whale and spend a fortune to get those to 7-stars or use crystals on energy refills to work on farmable heroes.
  • Rolingachu wrote: »
    Kit and QGJ are good+ but hard to get to 7* (unless you have the money for it).
    Lumi is pure awesomeness and really easy to farm.
    Ashoka is good.
    Aayla is kinda Meh.

Focus on Lumi and if you have the cash go for either kit or QGJ.

You might want to rethink Aayla, She has nice speed and HP, A 25% assist, A 65% of damage heal that puts a tenacity buff on allies, and a unique ability that is 100% stun on a crit, 65% counter (with +50% damage).

Even her leader ability is not a waste on a Jedi team (40% tenacity, + 5% heal if they resist a debuff)

She is hardly a "Meh" :D

• Aayla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ashoka